GDT: [Game #21] Dallas Stars @ Calgary Flames – 8:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #21 – 11/30/2023 – 8:00 PM CT – BSSW
Scoatiabank Sad Dome

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Calgary Flames
13-5-2, 28 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 9-10-3, 21 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

faia9Wn.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

ztUaXq7.png

Calgary Flames

Mangiapane - Lindholm - Sharangovich
Huberdeau - Backlund - Coleman
Zary - Kadri - Pospisil
Greer - Ruzicka - Dube

Weegar - Andersson
Hanifin - Tanev
Gilbert - Zadorov

Markstrom

2fmwd0w.png

Last edited:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It’ll be interesting to see how the boys play after their debacle last week against the Flames.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?" Yes, I'm still mad that Walker Duehr was unceremoniously scratched after the last Flames profile. Nevertheless we look to rebound with an examination of that other famous Flame, Martin Pospíšil.

8481028.png

The 6'2 winger was Impospisil to miss in the last meeting between the two teams as the Calgary attack seemed to revolve around him for some reason, playing 16:42 total and spending significant time on the powerplay.

Breaking into the NHL as a 24 year old rookie, the Slovakian with arguably the most difficult-to-pronounce name in the league was originally drafted in the 2018 4th round by Calgary, 5 picks after Adam Mascherin and 1 pick before Curtis Douglas.

Boasting no scouting reports whatsoever on his Eliteprospect page, Pospíšil was already in North America at the time of his drafting by way of playing in the USHL. Other than a brief stint back in Slovakia during COVID he's toiled in the AHL since 2019.

The Flames board is another one that fails to produce a summer prospect ranking so can't help you there. The closest Stars comp I can think of would be if Fredrik Karlström was playing in the NHL Top 9.

This has been, "Who Is That Player?"

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?" Yes, I'm still mad that Walker Duehr was unceremoniously scratched after the last Flames profile. Nevertheless we look to rebound with an examination of that other famous Flame, Martin Pospíšil.

8481028.png

The 6'2 winger was Impospisil to miss in the last meeting between the two teams as the Calgary attack seemed to revolve around him for some reason, playing 16:42 total and spending significant time on the powerplay.

Breaking into the NHL as a 24 year old rookie, the Slovakian with arguably the most difficult-to-pronounce name in the league was originally drafted in the 2018 4th round by Calgary, 5 picks after Adam Mascherin and 1 pick before Curtis Douglas.

Boasting no scouting reports whatsoever on his Eliteprospect page, Pospíšil was already in North America at the time of his drafting by way of playing in the USHL. Other than a brief stint back in Slovakia during COVID he's toiled in the AHL since 2019.

The Flames board is another one that fails to produce a summer prospect ranking so can't help you there. The closest Stars comp I can think of would be if Fredrik Karlström was playing in the NHL Top 9.

This has been, "Who Is That Player?"
Have you been totaling up the individual game stats of the "Who Is That Player?" players throughout the year?

I feel like the players you have chosen tend to have good games when they are the "Who Is That Player?" player. If you manage to do this 82 times (which I hope you do), I'd love to see the goal, assist and point totals for the "Who Is That Player?" players at the end of the season.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The only thing worse than having to hear national anthems is when they're accompanied by a terrible synth organ :laugh:

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Here's a good game to put in Wedgewood.
Holy crap Pierre Turgeon looks different. (Blues/Sabres)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad