8475839.jpg
|
8474889.jpg

Notes and such:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So Boedker still hasn't scored since that first game against us. No points since then. On pace for 7 points - seven! - this season. He was benched for most of last game, playing less than 9 minutes. This by his junior coach, for whom he was a good player back in Kitchener.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So Boedker still hasn't scored since that first game against us. No points since then. On pace for 7 points - seven! - this season. He was benched for most of last game, playing less than 9 minutes. This by his junior coach, for whom he was a good player back in Kitchener.

I was told he was good. Repeatedly. By people that refused to acknowledge his ES production.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
At this point, SJ is probably coughing up an asset to get Vegas to take Boedker.

Absolutely. SJ would be fortunate to be able to make such a deal with Vegas. They have no reason to take a talented non-producer. They would probably prefer to start the team with overachieving players with less talent.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Fully expecting to get blown out tonight, but hey ... stranger things have happened.
Best part in all of this is we got Kyle Wood out of it. He looks to be the real deal so far.

Go Yotes!
Don't forget that Alex Tanguay scored more for us last season than Boedker did for COL, and that the Connor Bleackley pick was the juice we gave to DET to get up to 16 for Chychrun.

That trade had 3 best parts. #ObiDonMaloney

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

What is wrong with him? There is no way he is this bad. Some may have over rated him, but come on now, who would have thought this. Oh, maybe it's the coach, or their system.:laugh:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Guessing most of it is usage. We stuck him on the first line here and his 50 point seasons reflected that. In SJ, there is more depth, and he's in a more appropriate spot as a third liner.

Of course, Boedker started the season on the top line with Joe Thornton, who turned Jonathan Cheechoo into a 50 goal scorer but that doesn't seem to work with Boedker??

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Guessing most of it is usage. We stuck him on the first line here and his 50 point seasons reflected that. In SJ, there is more depth, and he's in a more appropriate spot as a third liner.

Of course, Boedker started the season on the top line with Joe Thornton, who turned Jonathan Cheechoo into a 50 goal scorer but that doesn't seem to work with Boedker??

Boedker never was much of a "finisher". He was more of a "skate around in circles and make a sometimes good pass -er". Doesn't exactly surprise me that he didn't mesh with Thornton's passing style. He had a decent shot but never used it. Was always a big boedker fan, but he was frustrating to watch.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Boedker never was much of a "finisher". He was more of a "skate around in circles and make a sometimes good pass -er". Doesn't exactly surprise me that he didn't mesh with Thornton's passing style. He had a decent shot but never used it. Was always a big boedker fan, but he was frustrating to watch.

Well there's a difference between being a finisher and a shooter. I think it was ol' Buxy who straightened me out on this one, as per the eye test I agreed with you, but he brought up his goals per attempt (if i recollect correct) and turns out the guy can finish..... probably because he waits fort the guaranteed shot. :laugh:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Well there's a difference between being a finisher and a shooter. I think it was ol' Buxy who straightened me out on this one, as per the eye test I agreed with you, but he brought up his goals per attempt (if i recollect correct) and turns out the guy can finish..... probably because he waits fort the guaranteed shot. :laugh:

Yeah his shooting percentage was actually pretty high. I think he waited for the most opportune moment, which could come at the expense of not shooting often enough. The other thing that I did notice with him in his last year was that when he did get his shot, he often seemed to go low pads, which made for easier saves but a few rebound opportunities by the goalie.

Very possible that he is another Sjostrom too...

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

But he looks so majestic when he skates in circles in the offensive zone.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Same number of goals as Shane Doan with fewer minutes and PP time...

I think Boedker is a good complimentary winger. He just can't drive the offense. He should definitely shoot more, but he is what he is. If he drove the net more, or shot more, instead of the curl at the circles or the loop behind the goal when he enters on the rush, you'd have a much better player. I don't think he's bad defensively, no matter what the fancy stats said last year. He definitely collapsed last year under the pressure. Not disappointed to see him missing on the point during the powerplay. Still can't believe GMDM got heat on his way out the door for not ponying up to keep our free agents after the rumoured offer was way higher than anyone here was comfortable with. Crazy.
I thought the return was underwhelming last year, but so was Boedker, so... Wood was a good piece, and they used the pick to sweeten the pot to move up and grab Chychrun. So far, so good.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Based on these comments, Boeds is getting a hatty tonight.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Based on these comments, Boeds is getting a hatty tonight.

If he does, good for him. My only problem with Boedker was what some folks around here were initially lobbying for him to get paid by the Coyotes. I like the kid (is he still young enough to be a kid?) and wish him well, but I'm glad we didn't break the bank on him to keep him around.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Looks like KConn and Chychrun are scratches again with Stone playing the left side.

I hope they are holding him out to avoid injury and lobbying for him to go to the WJC. Probably not.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Fully expecting to get blown out tonight, but hey ... stranger things have happened.Don't forget that Alex Tanguay scored more for us last season than Boedker did for COL, and that the Connor Bleackley pick was the juice we gave to DET to get up to 16 for Chychrun.

That trade had 3 best parts. #ObiDonMaloney

Thank god Boedker didn't sign Maloneys 5m++ offer. :laugh: What we got instead was so much better.

With Chychrun.... Tipp said he was going to scratch him for awhile because his bad habits from jr were creeping into his game. The same bad habits that had many people on here not wanting him in the top 10.

Scratching him and fixing the problem sounds a lot better than letting him do w/e and not reaching his potential. But I guess development is now bad if Tipp is doing it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad