GDT: Game 21: Coyotes @ Kings | 20:30 AZ Time | BSAZ

Who is the Arizona Coyotes/Phoenix Coyotes/Winnipeg Jets 1.0 all-time Plus/Minus leader?

• Keith Carney

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Teppo Numminen

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Keith Yandle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shane Doan

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keith Tkachuk

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Another late game? @Summer Rose hates these things.

After playing seeing each other multiple times a year for the past 22 seasons, the Arizona Coyotes pay their only visit of the year to Crypto.com Arena and the Los Angeles Kings tonight to begin the last part of their 14-game road trip. Currently sporting a record of 4-4-2 on the road trip, one last Western Canadian swing is all that stands between the Coyotes and some home cooking.

General Notes:
All time, the Arizona Coyotes/Phoenix Coyotes/Winnipeg Jets 1.0 hold a 120-89-25-10 record vs the LA Kings, including a 55-46-14-5 record on the road.
After a hot start to the season, Arizona's special teams are falling back to Earth at an alarming rate. The powerplay is clicking at 23.2%, 14th in the league, while the PK is running at 79.8%, 16th in the league.

Projected Lineups (curtsey of DailyFaceoff):
Keller - Boyd - Schmaltz
Crouse - Bjugstad - Maccelli
O'Brien - McBain - Fischer
Ritchie - Hayton - Kassian
Chychrun - Gostisbehere
Valimaki - Moser
Nemeth - Stecher

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Vilardi - Lizotte - Grundstrom
Anderson-Dolan - Kupari - Kaliyev
Anderson - Doughty
Durzi - Roy
Edler - Walker

Probably Goaltenders:
Karel Vejmelka vs a literal piece of Swiss cheese (probably Jonathan Quick)

Tank Notes:
The 10-minute mark of the second period tonight will officially usher in the second quarter of the season with Arizona sitting in 6th to last via points percentage.
Tank.png

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
If we're going to be honest, when I was doing the lineups for this game, I was completely miffed that Dustin Brown is retired.

Oh well, please beat us LA.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Big Walt way up there in most goals by a USA born player. Thats a good start. I remember a goal he scored at AWA late in the game to beat the Isles, I think 1-0. He was well past the net on the left side and still snuck it it. Crowd went nuts!

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Ha, I just looked it up. Well, at least Tkachuck was close...not surprising who the leader is though, for all of you who would like the big hint.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I knew it couldn't be OEL, Yandle or Doan, they played too many years on some bad Coyote teams.

Couldn't really remember how long Carney played, so it was a toss-up between Walt & Teppo

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I went with Carney because I'm reminded of him everytime I see #3 on the ice this season. I'll have to look but either Coyotes wearing #3 post Carney don't bear any resemblance from the back or their hasn't been a #3 since Carney.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I went with Carney because I'm reminded of him everytime I see #3 on the ice this season. I'll have to look but either Coyotes wearing #3 post Carney don't bear any resemblance from the back or their hasn't been a #3 since Carney.
So I guess I forgot about this Keith Yandle guy lol. That was in 2014-2015 the last season with a #3 until this season.

While researching I noticed the Coyotes had three #6's in 2017-18 and three #8's in 2019-20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad