Post-Game Talk: Game 21 - 3 stars and such

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Each quarter we reset. I’ll add them up when we look back at each quarter. Should help the exercise remain interesting.

Reminder that posts that don’t have 3 redwings listed are mostly ignored. You’re not a star. Or a sg. Add in whatever crap you want in your post. Just put a list up for easy tally please.

(Added the new guy)

Star Total

Forwards

Raymond
Larkin
Debrincat
Veleno
Compher
Fabbri
Copp
Fischer
Rasmussen
Sprong
Perron
Kostin
Czarnik
Bergrren
Kane

Defense
Ghost
Seider
Walman
Holl
Maata
Chariot
Petry

Goalies
Husso
Lyon
Reimer

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Seider
Raymond
Husso can have it I can't think I'm mad

Scapegoat: pencil Boucher here every game for the rest of the year in my name, I hate this f*** now

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Don't think too many of us thought the Wings would get a win tonight. But after two periods, they put themselves in position. Then that horrible third period happened, and now the loss feels like something was stolen from a hard working bunch tonight.

F that game.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Seider: led team in TOI, goal, even plus/minus
2. Raymond: 2nd highest TOI among forwards, even
3. Husso: .927 SV% should win games

HM: Copp and Fabbri for point production, but both were -2.

Spacegoat: Compher, led all forwards in TOI and 20% on FOs. At least he was even.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I'd go
Seider
Fabbri
Compher

HM: Husso Still giving up leaky goals

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1 - Husso - Made a number of big saves, but his glove area has to be among the worst in the NHL. I feel like he also cost us the game with the last 2 goals not being great.
2 - Seider
3 - Kostin - Standing up for Ghost

SG - Far and Away, Brian Boucher! His calls on both blatant hits from behind were as dumb as can be heard by any commentator.

SG2 - Team again. Another game where we didn't show up until the 2nd period.

Why is it with these network games, regardless what team the Wings play, it is always the commentary kissing the other teams ass all night?????

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
1 - Husso - Made a number of big saves, but his glove area has to be among the worst in the NHL. I feel like he also cost us the game with the last 2 goals not being great.
2 - Seider
3 - Kostin - Standing up for Ghost

SG - Far and Away, Brian Boucher! His calls on both blatant hits from behind were as dumb as can be heard by any commentator.

SG2 - Team again. Another game where we didn't show up until the 2nd period.

Why is it with these network games, regardless what team the Wings play, it is always the commentary kissing the other teams ass all night?????
Because most of the former players spent their careers getting tuned by the powerhouse Wings.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
a) The Rangers were absolutely the better team tonight.
b) the Wings, as a team, did what they needed to do in a road game against the number 1 team in the league and held on for dear life much of the time but still took it to NY when they could. Took it hard.
c) the Wings power play was largely awful-looking, though it did pot one.
d) the refs got in the heads of the Wings and flubbed 2 big calls that should have given the Wings PPs - the not-boarding, the stick in the face, and honorable mention to the goal from the high stick (even though I agree it was inconclusive but I want what I want :) ).

So did I expect a win? No, I did not. Do I think they played well enough for a loser point? I actually do. Am I wrecked because of the loss? No. As a matter of fact, I want them to be mad at the WAY they lost and beat the shoes off of Chicago next. I want 8-0 at home

All IMO of course.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Don't think too many of us thought the Wings would get a win tonight. But after two periods, they put themselves in position. Then that horrible third period happened, and now the loss feels like something was stolen from a hard working bunch tonight.

F that game.

Yeah im frustrated, I think its mostly due to the commentary which constantly victim blamed the recipients of dirty plays all night long. The obvious high stick on their third goal was the cherry on top.

We straight up quit the game after the second period, cant say we deserved to win

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Stars:
Seider
Copp
Ghost (I am loving this signing more and more)

Goat:
Ras or Fischer since I didn't notice either of them last night

NYR got lucky on that last goal.

Reactions: Blasds

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Star Total

Forwards

Raymond 1

Larkin
Debrincat
Veleno