Pre-Game Talk: Game 21 - 11/19 7:07 PM - THE BEAR visits beautiful Downtown Newark - NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2019-11-18_16-46-51.png

upload_2019-11-18_16-47-16.png

NewarkSkylineAtDuskPanoramic.jpg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Despite injuries, travel and any lingering fatigue from the weekend, the Bruins just need to win this one.

All very well to put in good efforts against rivals and high quality opponents, but they need to back it up by getting the job done in sleepy mid-week encounters against average teams like the Devils. Sure, bad nights like the loss to the Red Wings are going to happen, but not too often please. Points are too valuable to just give up like that too frequently.

So here's hoping for a regulation W, no OT, no injuries and a fun game.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I just want to see the Bruins get back to the elite total team D they usually have. That’s when they are at their best and the offence soon follows.

I agree 100%. I felt that in the Washington game, while they did give up a lot of shots, especially in the 2nd period, at least the effort was somewhere back close to where it should be and the team really tried to play together and support each other. Halak made the scoreboard look better than it had any right to be, but I still felt it was an improved D mentality compared to some of their other recent showings. Really hoping that effort doesn't drop off in this game.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Atleast Coyle is playing C in this game. Expecting a W, please no shootouts.

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
With all the talk about the shootout ineptitude and injuries, the B's recent struggles in face-offs gets overlooked. Sure missing Bergeron hurts, but 33% against Washington? Not to mention 28% in the defensive zone and 1-5 on the PK.
Faceoff Summary

Time to clean up some fundamentals while key players are out.

Good point. I had a look at the numbers for the season so far and Bergy's the only guy going at over 50% on the dot - he's at 54.6%, followed by Coyle with 48.2%, Kuraly 48.1%, Krejci 46.6% and Lindholm 46.1%. Not terrible, but not great either. I don't think it's ever been a strength of Coyle's but Krejci and Kuraly definitely have the proven ability to be on the happy side of 50 so a little lift in their figures is not unreasonable to ask for.

Otherwise yeah there are other pretty core aspects of the game that the Bs could and should be doing better. Too many passes aren't finding their mark and too often there are careless gaps in their defensive coverage that most of at least the back half of last season weren't there. Part of the reason for both is of course the changing lineups, which is understandable, but they're just going to have to keep working hard to sort those things out, and maybe there are some aspects of their play that they need to simplify or put extra focus into while people are missing.

This game is a great opportunity to really try and address some of those areas and put a priority on doing them well/better.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Can we get a healthy win? Healthy as in no injuries.

And healthy as in my mental health- don't take this **** team to OT/a shootout :laugh::confused:

GO B's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad