PGT: Game 20: United States 4 - Finland 1

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
WJC-20.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

United States
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Kyle Keyser (G)
Spencer Knight (G)
Cayden Primeau (G)

Defensemen:
Michael Anderson (D)
Quinn Hughes (D)
Philip Kemp (D)
K'Andre Miller (D)
Dylan Samberg (D)
Mattias Samuelsson (D)
Jack St. Ivany (D)

Forwards:
Evan Barratt (C)
Noah Cates (LW)
Alexander Chmelevski (C/RW)
Logan Cockerill (LW)
Jack Drury (C)
Joel Farabee (LW)
Jack Hughes (C)
Tyler Madden (C)
Josh Norris (C)
Jay O'Brien (C)
Ryan Poehling (C)
Jason Robertson (LW)
Oliver Wahlstrom (RW)

Scratched:

full

Finland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Lassi Lehtinen (G)
Filip Lindberg (G)
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (G)

Defensemen:
Henri Jokiharju (D)
Ville Heinola (D)
Anttoni Honka (D)
Oskari Laaksonen (D)
Otto Latvala (D)
Toni Utunen (D)
Urho Vaakanainen (D)

Forwards:
Teemu Engberg (LW/RW)
Aleksi Heponiemi (C)
Kaapo Kakko (RW)
Rasmus Kupari (C)
Anton Lundell (C/LW)
Sami Moilanen (LW/RW)
Linus Nyman (LW/RW)
Valtteri Puustinen (LW)
Aarne Talvitie (C)
Eeli Tolvanen (LW/RW)
Samuli Vainionpää (F/D)
Santeri Virtanen (C)
Jesse Ylönen (RW)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Not a lot at stake in this one. The most important outcomes of the preliminary round are avoided as Finland won't win the group and won't be the last or fourth. To me it really doesn't matter weather we face Czechs or Russians.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Not a lot at stake in this one. The most important outcomes of the preliminary round are avoided as Finland won't win the group and won't be the last or fourth. To me it really doesn't matter weather we face Czechs or Russians.
Yeah I don't care about it either, maybe I would like us to play against Russia a little bit more though.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Hate the start time and that this game straddles midnight eastern time. Terrible scheduling.

Reactions: Christien

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Hate the start time and that this game straddles midnight eastern time. Terrible scheduling.
Well every eurofan has to wake up at like 3 AM to watch NHL games. This game starts at 5 AM finnish time so yeah, NA people have nothing to complain about here :laugh:

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Well every eurofan has to wake up at like 3 AM to watch NHL games. This game starts at 5 AM finnish time so yeah, NA people have nothing to complain about here :laugh:
It’s all about the New Years Eve parties and not being able to watch. I’m used to late NHL games out west from the eastern time zone.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Predicting a Finland win.

A lot of quality hockey on NYE - after returning from dinner.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Not sure what to expect, hope that we could win, but USA has so many good players,
so many players who can pressure us to make mistakes with and with out the puck.

Its a coaches battle, whom ever finds the best tactic, wins this game
we have enough good players to hurt them and vice versa.

UPL needs to have his best game of the tournament and Hepo&Kupari needs smell the coffin and awake the **** up!!!.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Ehh seeing how the Czechs have played this year there is a pretty big advantage to playing them over Canada/Russia in my opinion anyways.
Yeah but Finns have been usually good against Russians and even when we lose it doesn't annoy me as much as losing to the Czechs.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Not sure what to expect, hope that we could win, but USA has so many good players,
so many players who can pressure us to make mistakes with and with out the puck.

Its a coaches battle, whom ever finds the best tactic, wins this game
we have enough good players to hurt them and vice versa.

UPL needs to have his best game of the tournament and Hepo&Kupari needs smell the coffin and awake the **** up!!!.

Smell the coffin? Lol, even for an autocorrect that's a good one :laugh:

Edit: As for the game I'm worried by the Finnish D, not convinced by all of them. And some of the forwards do indeed need to wake up :)

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Ehh seeing how the Czechs have played this year there is a pretty big advantage to playing them over Canada/Russia in my opinion anyways.

Oh yeah, I can say the Czech's are most likely going out in the QF, which is sad since this is the best team they've put together in a very long time, coach is screwing it all up, they may not even make the QF, have to win today.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I think this is the worst USA team in a few years. It happens. Even Babe Ruth struck out. USA will be back.

Finland 5-2 tonight it pains me to say.

Gold medal game will be Canada Finland. Canada wins 5-3.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad