GDT: Game 20 | Sens @ Sabres | 7pm SN1, TVAS

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Zaitsev didn't look too good on that. It appeared like he was concerned about getting beat to the outside so gave up a prime shot instead. Looks small too. Wonder if he's really 6'2
Off the ice from what I've seen he looks about 6"2 but pretty lean

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Eichel has 23 points in 14 games vs Ottawa in his career. Fair to say he likes playing us.

What does he have against Toronto if you know where to find that kind of thing?

That’s the other team he seems to always put up numbers on

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Zaitsev didn't look too good on that. It appeared like he was concerned about getting beat to the outside so gave up a prime shot instead. Looks small too. Wonder if he's really 6'2

On the third goal he definitely overcommitted to the outside lane. He was a little too flat footed at the blue line but that's whats going to happen to your defenders when the three guys in front of do nothing to impede the counter attack. Thought the Pageau line was easily the worst line tonight but DJ kept going to them every other shift.

Reactions: Tundraman

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Trade anderson and give backup job to prospect. I can stand losses with young goalie in net, but please, no more Anderson.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
L.Brown and Duclair looked good this game, found eachother many times.. hopefully it can develop :nod:

Also screw you Jack Eichel and your stupid sexy accurate shots,ugh. Is it payback for Alfies years against them? Starting to feel that way :skeptic:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
L.Brown and Duclair looked good this game, found eachother many times.. hopefully it can develop :nod:

Also screw you Jack Eichel and your stupid sexy accurate shots,ugh. Is it payback for Alfies years against them? Starting to feel that way :skeptic:

A player like Eichel would look excellent in a Senator’s uniform. Two or three even better. Tank on!

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No one is trading for Craig Anderson.

Agree fully, but it's amazing just how strong the, "Anderson could net us a draft pick at the deadline" belief is. He is 38 years old, currently rocking an .894 save percentage, and his stats have been in steady, sharp decline for over two years now. He has about as much trade value as Bobby Ryan.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Agree fully, but it's amazing just how strong the, "Anderson could net us a draft pick at the deadline" belief is. He is 38 years old, currently rocking an .894 save percentage, and his stats have been in steady, sharp decline for over two years now. He has about as much trade value as Bobby Ryan.

Well, someone in goaltending trouble heading into the playoffs may want to take Anderson along for the ride just in case, maybe. No one is taking Ryan at this point.

In truth I’d prefer to let Andy ply out the season without controversy if that’s how he wants to end his time here. He’s been excellent for us and has just seemingly aged out of the game just as his contract is up (perhaps a little sooner). I agree with you that it’s doubtful that a trade situation will materialize where Andy ends up being the best cheap option.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
If Anderson was to get very hot over the next three months, then the Sens could trade him. As things stand right now, I fully agree with your post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad