GDT: Game 20: Rematch in Hogtown BRUINS @ Toronto 7:30 PM NESN, TSN4, TVAS, FM WZLX 100.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How Toronto got the nickname Hogtown

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...ight-be-holding-maple-leafs-back-to-back.html

After Saturday night’s loss in Boston, the Leafs have completed six back-to-back sets. They’re okay on the front end — 3-2-1, perhaps because of better rest and more preparation time. They’re horrible on the back end — 0-4-2.

Looked at another way, the Leafs are 7-6-2 playing on at least one day’s rest.

The Maple Leafs are not the only team that plays back-to-backs. The Columbus Blue Jackets play the most: 18. The Red Wings, Rangers and Penguins are at 17. The Bruins pay 11 back-to-backs, the lowest total in the Eastern Conference where back-to-backs are more palatable because the teams are so close together.

Last edited:

jdz

May 22, 2013
Well considering how dull yesterday's Toronto meeting was, I'm probably not gonna be watching this one.

It looks like the Toronto games could use a fight or two to open them up a bit, but of course with Mike at the helm that aint happening.

Babcock's leafs are mind numbing.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Hopefully we can get another one and make this 2 in a row. I expect Tuk in net again and to play real well.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Wonder if Tuukka starts and if Reimer stays in? Just hope we can bury chances, i hate Babcock teams, they are so boring to watch

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Well considering how dull yesterday's Toronto meeting was, I'm probably not gonna be watching this one.

It looks like the Toronto games could use a fight or two to open them up a bit, but of course with Mike at the helm that aint happening.

Babcock's leafs are mind numbing.

We were all very happy with the outcome of Saturday's game, but perusing the GDT while it was going on, many found the game rather dull (myself included).

Toronto was likely intentionally playing the stereotypical 'good road game' in hopes of getting at least a point; which they nearly did.

So I'm cautiously optimistic this game will be a tad more exciting.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Toronto have scored 2.67 goals per game at home on the season, and just 1.83 on the road - only Anaheim and Carolina score fewer goals on the road (even before we shut them out, Toronto scored 2 per game on the road). Not that small a sample size either, with 12 road games played, or around 30% of the season.

Boston score 3.38 on the road compared to 3.18 at home, and allow 2.38 compared to 3.36 (Toronto allow 2.78 GA/G at home and 2.5 GA/G on the road).

Take it with a grain of salt, obviously, but with all things considered, it should be higher scoring than last game (shocker, right!?). Especially considering that both teams are rested and neither team's goalie is likely to have another game like that.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
We were all very happy with the outcome of Saturday's game, but perusing the GDT while it was going on, many found the game rather dull (myself included).

Toronto was likely intentionally playing the stereotypical 'good road game' in hopes of getting at least a point; which they nearly did.

So I'm cautiously optimistic this game will be a tad more exciting.

Wait, wont Boston "likely intentionally playing the stereotypical 'good road game' in hopes of getting at least a point", so the game will be boring ?

I only saw the first period last game, and it was anything but boring.
Very few whistles, B's put a ton of shots on net, many were from the D, but even on those the B's had screens and tips.

Will be getting phone updates on this one as I hit the bar and watch my Bills put the smack down on the Pats.

Assuming the last comment gets the dander up.
I don't expect a Bills win.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It's hilarious when JVR who's 6'3''-6'4'' turtle from Brad Marchand. You know you're playing a Babcock team when, I guess...

5-2 Bruins tonight.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Which brain donor at the NHL offices thought scheduling this game would be a good idea with the Patriots playing Monday Night Football?

Good question, the other thing is that the NFL tries to get full exposure to all of their games but the NHL makes it difficult to see their games. If you want to grow the fanbase, grow the viewership.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reminder tonight's game is on WZLX 100.7 because of Patriots

:bruins:

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1448283029000

TONIGHT'S MATCHUP vs. BOSTON BRUINS
2014-15 Season Series: 2-1-1 (1-0-1 at Boston)
All-Time Record vs. Opponent: 268-283-98-9 (168-108-51-2 at Toronto)
Last Game vs. Opponent: Saturday, November 21 at Boston (Boston 2-Toronto 0)
Next Game vs. Opponent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 at Boston
Current Streak vs. Opponent: 2 Losses

Toronto Maple Leafs: Media Notes

TORONTO VS. BOSTON: NOTABLES

- Jake Gardiner recorded his first NHL point (assist) on October 20, 2011 at Boston
- Nazem Kadri scored his first NHL goal on March 19, 2011 against the Bruins
- Joffrey Lupul registered his first point as a Maple Leaf (assist) on February 15, 2011 at Boston
- Shawn Matthias scored his first NHL hat-trick on February 13, 2015 against Boston
- Matt Hunwick played 164 career regular season games with the Bruins from 2007-10, recording 45 points (13 goals, 32 assists). He was drafted by Boston in the seventh round (224th overall) during the 2004 NHL Entry Draft
- Brad Boyes spent two seasons (2005-07) with the Bruins after being acquired in a trade from San Jose on March 9, 2004

Last edited:

BigBadBruins63*

If both are able to play who sits with Randell?

Easily:

Beleskey -- Krejci -- Eriksson
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Hayes
Kemppainen -- Spooner -- Connolly
Vatrano -- Ferraro -- Rinaldo

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Let's go Bruins!! Hopefully a strong road game - make these games in hand count to climb up the standings. A win would put them in the wild card position, I believe.

GO BRUINS!!!!!!

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
The Leafs have been a tough nut to crack lately so the Bruins have a tough one on their hands. Perhaps the Leafs will still be a little sluggish. The Bs got them on a back-to-back and also get them on 3-in-4-nights. Reimer has been good for them, so I would expect a close game if he plays. Bernier hasn't been good and has had a tendency to let in some real stinkers, which means I'd like to see him between the pipes.

From a Bruins perspective, you definitely go with Rask. He has a history of playing well vs the Leafs. As for the rest of the lineup, I'm glad to hear Frankie V. is close to returning. Even if it's not tonight, it means the injury isn't as bad as I had feared. I'm indifferent about Ferraro but I'm curious to see if he can contribute on the 4th line. I'd like to see him tonight but I would be surprised if he's in the lineup because he just joined the team.

I used to make it a point to watch the Bruins at least once a year when they came to town but with age comes economic responsibility. I used to justify paying between $100-$200 (sometimes more) to watch them because I only had a couple of chances to see them per year but now I'd much rather save my hard earned money and watch from the comfort of home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad