GDT: Game 20: Preds vs. Blackhawks | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | The team is cold as ICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Settling in before this one, I checked the stats, the lineups, the schedule, the goalies and thought.... Preds get about 7 and Hawks probably muster a couple. Yeah 7-2 sounds about right I think as they drop the puck.:sarcasm:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
For the most part the team played solid team defense. The times our goalie got hung out to dry were limited tonight. We had players in position to collect rebounds in the offensive end, screened the goalies for shots from the point, maintained pressure when needed.

Many of the issues we've faced over the past few games were rectified tonight ... now to see if the boys can do it again Tuesday.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Just got back from the game.
Drunk rude Hawk fans have now replaced drunk Blues fans as most idiotic fans in the Bridge.
Ellis and Bartley looked good together.
Most satisfying goal was Stalberg goal as arena was rocking with hawk fans yelling lets go hawks and he streaks down and scores, lol.
Mazanec looked good and looked pissed when he was scored on... I like the passion.
We actually had scorers that looked like scorers tonight.
Don't know where this team came from, but would like to keep them..

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I had so much fun tonight...it was awesome at the game...not much the red mist could say or do tonight.

On the way to the arena before the game some female hawks fans said as we were walking by, "We're going to be the ******* out of you tonight."

Told them Crawford wasn't in net and it didn't register with them. I'm not sure they knew who Crawford was.

No issues with their fans tonight in my section.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
It was interesting seeing on t.v. all those lower bowl empty seats after the Hawks fans left.
This team has two personalities i swear.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I hope whoever had those seats originally made some decent coin. There were two STH's next to me who sold their tix to hawks fans. Nice couple. Older folks.

Before the game I was at a bar and met some of their fans who didn't like having to buy the extra game tickets through TM to attend tonight's game.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
david Legwand

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-17 at 1.17.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-17 at 1.17.34 AM.png
    287.2 KB · Views: 12

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Well this should restore some faith back in the Preds, bouncing back after 4 horrendous games, worst 4 game stretch in franchise history most likely.

Of course playing at home is a major factor, I think road play may be the long-term issue that the Preds need to deal with this season (I only recall one awful game by the Preds this year at home).

We still need to see if they can keep this play up though next game.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Well now that I'm back at work after hanging out downtown last night til midnight I can reflect. Too many Hawks fans and they were very mouthy. When we were doing the chants they were all piping up about winning the cup. What does the cup have to do with last nights game? Anyways, it was also nice to see a few hawks fans in handcuffs in the 2nd intermission and one of them was a woman who was crying. Those tears were delicious.

Couldn't have had more fun at a game really. 7 goals on the Hawks in front of all their fans was just perfect. Seeing another Weber bomb was awesome and seeing Stalberg score on them was just icing on the cake. Mazanec looked pretty damn good too. He got hung out to dry a handful of times and he stepped up. I just hope this jump starts the team. We can't afford very many more losing streaks like we just had. All in all, great night mixed with some very obnoxious fans.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I'll be honest, I lucked out. Had a group of five Hawks fans from Chicago sitting next to me the whole night. They were there to watch the game and as soon as the score started getting out of control were content on the fact that these things happen once and awhile and we talked throughout the whole night and shook hands at the end of the game. Good people.

Great performance by Mazanec stepping up. Didn't see the game in Pittsburgh, but was a little surprised Hutton didn't start against his old team. One game doesn't mean much in the long run, but if Mazanec can build some confidence and win the spot...Hutton might be done when Rinne returns. Not going to count on that just yet however...

Beautiful redirect by Stalberg after a sweet saucer pass over from Bourque. Loved the Weber bomb and seeing Crawford struggle to break his stick over the post thereafter.

Fun times!

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Well now that I'm back at work after hanging out downtown last night til midnight I can reflect. Too many Hawks fans and they were very mouthy. When we were doing the chants they were all piping up about winning the cup. What does the cup have to do with last nights game? Anyways, it was also nice to see a few hawks fans in handcuffs in the 2nd intermission and one of them was a woman who was crying. Those tears were delicious.

Couldn't have had more fun at a game really. 7 goals on the Hawks in front of all their fans was just perfect. Seeing another Weber bomb was awesome and seeing Stalberg score on them was just icing on the cake. Mazanec looked pretty damn good too. He got hung out to dry a handful of times and he stepped up. I just hope this jump starts the team. We can't afford very many more losing streaks like we just had. All in all, great night mixed with some very obnoxious fans.

8-0 Nashville against Detroit at the Bridgestone was fun

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
On TV you could see some dummy in a red shirt who was in the front row, close to the goal line, standing and beating on the glass EVERY time the hawks were in our zone. I mean it really seemed like every time from what you could see on TV during the second period. Had to be horrific for folks who paid good coin to get close only to have to deal with this genius. Then *poof* she was gone. Wonder if she was summarily dismissed? Anyone there notice her?

Webersmashpuck

Mar 17, 2009
Spring Hill
The best thing about the game wasn't the scoring it was Mazenec playing really well. He made some great saves that should have been goals. Also the only goal he could have stopped was the 1st, the second was a bit cheap and I have seen Hornqvist called for goalie interference for less than Shaw? did by pushing Cullen into Mazenec.

I am also glad Smith is still playing well and Hornqvist is having one of his best seasons this year.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Devils fan coming in peace - congrats to you guys on the dominating last night. Was great to see, I always root for the Preds when they're not playing the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad