Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’m ready for tonight’s game.

CF03430D-E1F8-4ACC-AC15-55A2470BC8D4.jpeg

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm right. I think the Pierre Gervais Book is very disturbing. What he wrote is very unusual and very disturbing for the team. Like the last thing you want to happen in that kind of sport. HUGE distraction. If 20% of the players are affected in 5% of their play on the ice, guess how it affect the entire game in pure pourcentage. And I think 50% of the players are affected and MSL can't do anything. That's a storm, let the time do his job, let the calm come back, there is nothing MLS can do.

Like it was said in some medias, Gervais could have tell only good stories and positive things. But no, he revealed things that should stay in the room. He picked easy victims and he saved Molson, Savard, Gainey, etc.

I wrote it some times and I will go there again. Toxic environment is very damaging. Never underestimate the damage done by toxic writing, toxic talk, etc. Toxic inside a team and toxic in social medias. But it's impossible to solve that problem. Toxicity will only get worse with time. I'm preaching in a desert.

I mean, it's not like 13 players currently on the team either never or barely played under DuChump.

Suzuki, Armia, Eddy, Anderson, Evans, Allen, Drouin (IR) and Byron (LTIR) are the only one who were there for his entire tenure.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The veteran D can't continue being a liability and the vet forwards need to help the 1st line.
True Matheson has to be better because Guhle has been our Best D. I'm thinking while management must be pleased with him they expect more from others.

Reactions: Tyson

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I mean, it's not like 13 players currently on the team either never or barely played under DuChump.

Suzuki, Armia, Eddy, Anderson, Evans, Allen, Drouin (IR) and Byron (LITR) are the only one who were there for his entire tenure.
Vibe might have been weird around the team yesterday though; retired players and org hang around the BC and social circles I’d imagine.. I think I heard Brunet say some people were calling him about whether they were coming off bad in the book ahead of the launch... Probably a good thing they play again tonight; I hope for a truculent, team building one with a Xhekaj Gordie Howe hatty.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
On this board, more often than once, posters were criticizing previous coaches without mercy because the team was having bad 1st periods.... We can't criticize MSL ???
Our first period was by far our best previously so he does get a mulligan.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Suzuki, Armia, Eddy, Anderson, Evans, Allen, Drouin (IR) and Byron (LITR) are the only one who were there for his entire tenure.
I don't like to reply a contradiction opinion but you bring a point that is too specific. What I mean is the whole atmosphere right now. The distraction. It doesn't matter who were playing under DD. All the players are affected by contagion. But maybe I pay too much attention for this. The game tonight will be revealing, and the next week. We have to look at the energy and the concentration.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Defense is all mixed up this game,
Ghule with Eddy

Marty St. Genius. One game for Slafkovsky on a higher line. That’s enough apparently, let’s give that spot to the least deserving winger on the team.
No kidding.
I wonder if he as too because Hughes wants to sell Dadonov.
I don't think MSL is that dumb

Reactions: Canad13ns

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm right. I think the Pierre Gervais Book is very disturbing. What he wrote is very unusual and very disturbing for the team. Like the last thing you want to happen in that kind of sport. HUGE distraction. If 20% of the players are affected in 5% of their play on the ice, guess how it affect the entire game in pure pourcentage. And I think 50% of the players are affected and MSL can't do anything. That's a storm, let the time do his job, let the calm come back, there is nothing MLS can do.

Like it was said in some medias, Gervais could have tell only good stories and positive things. But no, he revealed things that should stay in the room. He picked easy victims and he saved Molson, Savard, Gainey, etc.

I wrote it some times and I will go there again. Toxic environment is very damaging. Never underestimate the damage done by toxic writing, toxic talk, etc. Toxic inside a team and toxic in social medias. But it's impossible to solve that problem. Toxicity will only get worse with time. I'm preaching in a desert.
I got to know Pierre when I met him in 1997. He has brought me into the Habs locker room many times and always came across as a decent guy. I am not a fan of tell all books because some things should be left in the room. I am a bit surprised that he would want this as part of his amazing 3000 game legacy.

He treated me well though.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I got to know Pierre when I met him in 1997. He has brought me into the Habs locker room many times and always came across as a decent guy. I am not a fan of tell all books because some things should be left in the room. I am a bit surprised that he would want this as part of his amazing 3000 game legacy.

He treated me well though.
Lucky you ,, seing that locker must of been awesome

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Marty St. Genius. One game for Slafkovsky on a higher line. That’s enough apparently, let’s give that spot to the least deserving winger on the team.
My hope is they're showcasing Dadonov.

Then again, the Rocket keep Mysak on the 4th line and keep AbandonedPotato as the 2nd line centre, so might just be an organizational glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad