GDT: Game 20 : Isles at Leafs Monday Nov 21: 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies

Sucks but I get it with Murray coming off injury. Kallgren has held them in well enough considering everything but I hope it's his last game for the Leafs this season. Be nice to have Sammy back soon.

I would bench Engvall, who has shown nothing of value. I would then drop Kerfoot to the 3rd line and put Robertson in on the 2nd.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
If he's not available why is he on the road trip
Like acc1224 said... good sign he is close to being back. Probably sometime next week. Was hoping this weekend.
I would bench Engvall, who has shown nothing of value. I would then drop Kerfoot to the 3rd line and put Robertson in on the 2nd.
Yeah I'd be playing Robertson over a couple guys for a game or two at least but apparently guys like Engvall just get to keep playing.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Good with the backup (Kallgren in this case) starting. Team is running warm, and hopefully can keep it going regardless of who is in goal. No point in letting him go stale on the bench; give him a game. We have a busy schedule coming up and no doubt he gets another if Samsonov is not ready.

Like the lines as well. Wish there was better news on Brodie though. Regardless, glad we are not rushing him back.

Reactions: Eric bungay

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Boston's next 9 opponents

TB x2
Florida
Carolina
Colorado x2
VGK x2
Arizona

This is about as brutal a stretch as you can get. We have a ton of games coming up, but huge opportunity to take advantage starting tonight

If the Broons fumble and somehow lose 3 in a row, and we win 3 in a row we'll tie them in points.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Wish Samsonov was ready to go but it makes sense to sit Murray out tonight. Hopefully Kallgren has a solid game. Murray will be back in net come Wednesday!

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Murray getting a break after 3 straight coming back from injury is a no brainer. Don't get why some people are up in arms about it.
I was kind of anticipating a Samsonov return to save the day and to give Murray a rest. Then, Murray could take the bulk of the heavy work load for the next few games.

Now we're back to Kallgren, who like Hutchinson and most other minor league options are awful. They almost need to be baby sat. It looks like he'll play a couple this week too. The losses to Anaheim, Arizona and San Jose to start the season with Kallgren in net have scarred my eyes.

Hopefully he can stop enough of them to get the win tonight.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Not sure I love the Kallgren start, but I'll defer to Keefe's feel on this one. He's in the room with the boys, and he has a better idea on if Murr needs a day off or not. Obviously Murr has been great and I'd love to see him kicking tonight, but you cannot argue with his inability to stay healthy long term. No sense running him into the ground. If Keefe feels like he needs an extra couple days rest, I trust that he actually does.

I'm not sure I understand the Robertson scratch for the 4th straight game. Not because I think Nick has 100% earned his name to be in the lineup card every game but more so because I feel like Pierre hasn't done enough either. I don't think having Nick in the press box and not playing in the AHL is as detrimental to his development as people think. If it extends to him being HS'd for like a month with no game action then ya, but sitting for a 10-15 days is not going to do anything other then send a firm and clear message to Nick. Which I believe Nick, and all young players need from time to time.

As much as I want to see Nick in the lineup, his play without the puck needs work. Having him go down to the AHL and having him get to play through his deficiencies away from the puck because he can put the puck in the back of the net is not going to help us at the Maple Leaf level in the immediate or long term. It may help the Marlies because he contributes to the offense, but we need him to be more then just a guy who puts up an occasional goal every 4 games. It's not an indictment of him as a player or prospect. He is still a big part of our future. He just needs to understand that playing sound defensively will lead to more chances offensively. He'll end up playing with the puck more, and he will get more opportunity when he has the full trust of Sheldon.

IMO Sheldon has been relatively fair to Nick this season. When he was the best player on the ice against Dallas, Sheldon wasn't afraid to call his number in OT. He then gave him a shot in the top 6 for a handful of games and he seemed to revert to some of his old bad habits. But he's gotta continue to earn his minutes.

I personally think he should be back in at this point, but I am sure that time is coming soon. I can wait another game or 2. Like I said, I won't consider this to be a big problem for another week or so. We have 6 games in the next 10 days. If he doesn't check into the lineup at some point during that stretch I will consider it a problem. And when he does get into the lineup, it's really going to be up to Nick to prove that he deserves to stay in that lineup.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Everyone who knows what is being said to Robertson, what Robertson is saying back, what they are working on, and knows what the Leafs and Robertson are thinking at the moment please raise your hands.

The rest... you are pretty much just making things up and verbalising your take on it... not the Leafs take, nor Robertson's.

Reactions: Mr_Fun and Jojalu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad