GDT: [Game #20] Dallas Stars @ Winnipeg Jets – 7:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't know who this TSN Jets commentator is (not Dan Robertson, the other guy), but he is the biggest whiner I've heard in a long time. He's right up there with the old Avs guys and Jack Edwards.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Crowd should boo more and get more 5 on 3s.
for real, i wont fault them when its actually a penalty
but they are some serious fn crybabies

I feel bad for knowledgeable Jets fans guilty by association

throw yourself on the puck for Jake.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't know who this TSN Jets commentator is (not Dan Robertson, the other guy), but he is the biggest whiner I've heard in a long time. He's right up there with the old Avs guys and Jack Edwards.
Kevin Sawyer and yeah he is a company man. If it's any consolation, HF Jets doesn't like him either.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Seemed like the Stars were playing more dump and chase than normal. Perhaps they did it as an ode to their old coach.

As to Jani, I think we were all pretty pumped when they signed him as a value big defender and for the most part, I think he has delivered what they expected. Sometimes, I think fans compare those bottom 3 D to Bobby Orr, and if they don't measure up, it goes to an "all or nothing" mentality of "they are trash." The more nuanced view is that a play that Miro or other top D might make 90% of the time (yes, even the best get beat) a second pair guy might make 80% of the time and a third pair might make 70% of the time.

2 points, will take it
You make it sound like a shutout is a poor performance somehow.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Jani is a no offense defensive defenseman who is paid like that . Not sure what people expect . Does he play too many minutes at times ? Sure but he has his uses. Especially on the PK. Playing him hurt in last years playoffs though was a mistake

Reactions: LT

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Jani is a no offense defensive defenseman who is paid like that . Not sure what people expect . Does he play too many minutes at times ? Sure but he has his uses. Especially on the PK. Playing him hurt in last years playoffs though was a mistake
Yeah, not sure that there are too many non-elc defenders that are better and cost $1.5mil or less.
Not to mention he’s also RHD.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I've never understood the talk of moving him out, either. He plays his role exceptionally well and doesn't really try to do anything more than he's asked.

He is very much an ideal bottom pairing guy with his size and PK ability. I also still factor in him choosing Dallas over better contract offers, and I would imagine Nill does too.

Which makes it all the more frustrating that we really don't have any options on moving out a defender. I would love to add another RHD to play with Miro, but given the franchise's insistence to stick with Suter, I don't know how that could possibly work.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Well we're just coming off Hakanpaa's best game of the season.

That said, he's been abysmal at even strength. Yes, he has value as a PKer. He and Lindell are why the PK is elite. The problem is he gets played as a #5 by this coaching staff, which isn't a huge distinction but adds up over the course of a season.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
There's just a massive void in the natural RHD market as there always is.

I think if they're that hard up for another youngish long term RHD, is they make a Harley for Jiricek or Boqvist swap after proving that Harley can hack it in the NHL.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Seemed like the Stars were playing more dump and chase than normal. Perhaps they did it as an ode to their old coach.

As to Jani, I think we were all pretty pumped when they signed him as a value big defender and for the most part, I think he has delivered what they expected. Sometimes, I think fans compare those bottom 3 D to Bobby Orr, and if they don't measure up, it goes to an "all or nothing" mentality of "they are trash." The more nuanced view is that a play that Miro or other top D might make 90% of the time (yes, even the best get beat) a second pair guy might make 80% of the time and a third pair might make 70% of the time.

You make it sound like a shutout is a poor performance somehow.

Haha not my intention, I think I was a little disappointed and have been spoiled with the amount of goals scored.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad