Arizona Coyotes vs Edmonton Oilers
Sunday November 22nd at 1pm

TV FSAZ + Radio ????

There have been many great one sided competitions over history
The Harlem Globetrotters VS The Washington Generals
The Coyote VS the Roadrunner
John Stewart vs Hypocrisy

And Your Arizona Coyotes vs The Edmonton Oilers

I know that many of you here wonder the same thing, and that is does Edmonton still have an NHL Franchise, and what's the difference between Edmonton and Winnipeg. In an effort to help Edmonton still is a NHL Franchise. Apparently if you have enough skill and talent to be the best athlete in your draft class , that is where you are sent. Its kind of like a prison sentence, but the difference is in prison you get time off for good behavior, and in Edmonton if you have bad behavior you stand a chance to get traded before your 27th birthday. Otherwise you will be stuck in a mediocre system where occasionally people will wonder things like Whatever happened to Taylor Hall or Nail Yakupov, or his game, or why does their GM still keep his job. For what its worth Arizona Coyotes have aspired to the same methodology of choking the skill out of our draft picks, we just don't have the Oilers level of try and compete. Oh and Edmonton is cold. Winnepeg is also cold but its sucks in a lot of other ways too. That's the difference.​

There is a lot of rivalry in the fact that Edmonton hasn't beaten us in 24 games. Except of course in the draft lottery. Keep in mind those 10 points we got from them probably cost us McDavid, and definitely cost us that other guy that went to Buffalo but no in in Arizona knows his name because you know were not really hockey fans.

When asked about the 24 game point streak Norm from Scottsdale said um who cares. Cardinals are playing today. As a matter of fact no one in Arizona seems to really care.

LINES

Goalie
Mike Smith

Line 1
M. Hanzal C PP1 M. Domi W PP2 R. Vrbata W PP2

Line 2
A. Duclair W PP1 J. McGinn W PP1 C. Dvorak C PP2

Line 3
T. Rieder W S. Doan W J. Martinook C

Line 4
R. White W T. Gaudet C L. Crouse W

Defensive Pairs

C. Murphy D O. Ekman-Laarsen D PP1

A. Deangelo D PP1 A. Goligoski D PP2

K. Connauton D M. Stone D PP2

Goalie

Cam Talbot $8.5K

Line 1
M. Lucic W PP1 C. McDavid C PP1 J. Puljuja... W PP2

Line 2
J. Eberle W PP1 R. Nugent-... C PP2 P. Maroon W PP2

Line 3
B. Pouliot W L. Draisaitl C PP1 D. Caggiula C PP2

Line 4
T. Pitlick C Z. Kassian W M. Letestu C

Defensive Pairs

A. Larsson D O. Klefbom D PP1

K. Russell D A. Sekera PP2

D. Nurse D ????

This thread is Preperation H approved, because if the Coyotes Win, its gonna be needed.
imgres

Last edited by a moderator:

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
Yeah its is kind of funny, you would think that of any team they would feel our pain a bit. It has to make the Coyotes feel extra motivated, and to be honest if we are the measuring stick you hold your team to, you suck.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You'd think a team that has lost so much would find a way to be more gracious in defeat but nope.

So, to counter the negativity, I hope the Coyotes show up, play a clean and entertaining game, and nobody gets hurt.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
So, to counter the negativity, I hope the Coyotes show up, play a clean and entertaining game, and nobody gets hurt.
... except Lucic, right?

I mean, sportsmanship and it's all just a game, yes, absolutely, but ****ing Lucic tho?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
... except Lucic, right?

I mean, sportsmanship and it's all just a game, yes, absolutely, but ****ing Lucic tho?

Don't ruin the one piece of good karma the Yotes have. We may never be lucky enough to win one (let alone 4) 1st overall picks. But we sure as hell can beat the team that has more luck than a horseshoe.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
You'd think a team that has lost so much would find a way to be more gracious in defeat but nope.

HNIC panel (Friedman) confirms we had negotiations with Shattenkirk this summer. Couldn't finalize a contract. Edmonton also showed interest, but he had no interest in going there.

This is what I think of when I think of EDM.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
... except Lucic, right?

:laugh:
The pre game schpiel from the ref:
"Let's have a good clean game, except for you Milan, I wish misfortune upon you."

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

The "Who's Your Daddy?" GDT

Many an Edmonton tear has been shed over their inability to put the Coyotes away in regulation.

1375834004000-new-coyotes-owners-1308062009_4_3.jpg

When we bought the Coyotes I didn't realize we'd end up owning the Oilers too.

shane-doan-nhl-vancouver-canucks-arizona-coyotes-590x900.jpg

Here's your daddy, Edmonton.

I realize this will mean that the Coyotes will lose in regulation but you may as well go out in a blaze of glory.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Yeah its is kind of funny, you would think that of any team they would feel our pain a bit. It has to make the Coyotes feel extra motivated, and to be honest if we are the measuring stick you hold your team to, you suck.

What has to make the Coyotes feel extra motivated? Do you think they read this crap?

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
... except Lucic, right?

My only two reasons for even caring about the result against Edmonton is the streak and Milan Lucic. I've disliked Lucic for what seems like forever. Remember when he ran Ryan Miller? Classy.

Edit: For old time's sake

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Better than the Blackhawks fans who pretend to be fans for the game here, live here, and don't support the team.

That's one of the problems with success. I will be somewhat sickened by the influx of bandwagoner's and the cocky attitudes when the Yotes start acheiving.

Their kind diminish those die hards who have been fans through it all.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You know when this franchise finally turns the corner that this forum will be inundated with obnoxious bandwagon fans. We need to hold this forum to a higher standard.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
That's one of the problems with success. I will be somewhat sickened by the influx of bandwagoner's and the cocky attitudes when the Yotes start acheiving.

Their kind diminish those die hards who have been fans through it all.

I'll have arena-cred when I'm wearing my Chipchura jersey in a few years. Everyone will know I was there through "the troubles."

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I'll have arena-cred when I'm wearing my Chipchura jersey in a few years. Everyone will know I was there through "the troubles."
I'll be right there next to you in my black, flying coyote Moss jersey ;)

My only two reasons for even caring about the result against Edmonton is the streak and Milan Lucic. I've disliked Lucic for what seems like forever. Remember when he ran Ryan Miller? Classy.
The hit on Miller was awful, but the sucker-punch on Connauton last year was embarrassing. You can sorta shrug and say, "snap decision, flow of the game" but Lucic waiting until after the play and found KConn and decked him last year. Really embarrassing.

My personal favorite:

What stands out is how ****ing dumb a player he is. Mostly clean hits, but how many retaliation penalties is he/his team taking? Hit the guy and he gets his panties in a bunch and takes it personally and then dumb retaliation penalties ensue.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I predicted a strong rivalry with Edmonton a few years , or so back. If you can stand the awfulness of it, watch "Death by Popcorn" and let's not blow it, this time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad