Boston Bruins GAME 2 WILL BE SUNDAY AFTERNOON

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-5-8_23-57-4.png

The NHL changed their mind tonight so..............
Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (WC1)

Thursday, May 9, 8 p.m.:
Hurricanes @ Bruins | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Sunday, May 12, 3 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Tuesday, May 14, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Thursday, May 16, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Saturday, May 18, 7:15 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Monday, May 20, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, SN1, CBC, TVA Sports
*Wednesday, May 22, 8 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Bruins | NBCSN, SN360, CBC, TVA Sports

Last edited:

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
Major bummer, I’m a season ticket holder that has been to zero games in the playoffs because my hospital work schedule is made so far in advance and I’ve had bad luck. I called my rep yesterday and he said game 1 would be Saturday if sharks won, so I was rooting hard for them. Just had my hopes dashed to see a playoff game with this stupid change. Yes I’m whining I wanna be in the garden! Guess I’ll just have to wait until the cup finals!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Major bummer, I’m a season ticket holder that has been to zero games in the playoffs because my hospital work schedule is made so far in advance and I’ve had bad luck. I called my rep yesterday and he said game 1 would be Saturday if sharks won, so I was rooting hard for them. Just had my hopes dashed to see a playoff game with this stupid change. Yes I’m whining I wanna be in the garden! Guess I’ll just have to wait until the cup finals!

That is what the NHL told NBC as well - we are LIVID

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Any inside info on why the NHL changed their mind on Sunday over Saturday?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

NBC private interweb is going bonkers - NHL was EXPLICIT about the scenario all day - rumor is an intern at MLBAM which handles the NHL website posted the wrong info

This isn't a Mickey Mouse league - more like Daffy Duck

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
NBC private interweb is going bonkers - NHL was EXPLICIT about the scenario all day - rumor is an intern at MLBAM which handles the NHL website posted the wrong info

This isn't a Mickey Mouse league - more like Daffy Duck

That is f***ng unbelievable if true. So everyone's Mother's Day gets messed up because of a clerical error by an intern?

NBCSN said right after Game 7 that WCF would start Saturday so does that mean they relied on the supposed incorrectly posted info?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Rhian

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

This was posted in the Playoff thread tonight

Elliotte Friedman just posted the same.

NBC has two broadcast windows this weekend & San Jose cannot play Sunday (Stars on Ice has the building booked), so they'll likely start Saturday and the B's will get the Sunday Game 2 (and NBC usually takes the 3 p.m. matinee slot on Sundays, then they'll probably checkerboard the series from there, with the B's/Canes Game 5 getting the Saturday night slot the following week

I was hoping the B's were playing Saturday because Sunday is "Mother's Day" and we are going out to eat in the afternoon so I might miss some of the game.

If I had it my way, I would want game time on Sunday to be @ 7 or 7:30 eastern, not just because of Mothers Day, but because I hate matinee hockey games

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That is f***ng unbelievable if true. So everyone's Mother's Day gets messed up because of a clerical error by an intern?

NBCSN said right after Game 7 that WCF would start Saturday so does that mean they relied on the supposed incorrectly posted info?

There is a minor conflict at the San Jose SAP Center on Sunday with a figuring skating show that is at 4 PM PT - but the NHL said the Sharks told them they would move that to 7:30 PM.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Thursday, May 9, 8 p.m.:

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
This was posted in the Playoff thread tonight

I was hoping the B's were playing Saturday because Sunday is "Mother's Day" and we are going out to eat in the afternoon so I might miss some of the game.

If I had it my way, I would want game time on Sunday to be @ 7 or 7:30 eastern, not just because of Mothers Day, but because I hate matinee hockey games
Same here. I hate matinee games, especially during playoffs! On Mother's Day? Lot of us will probably be recording while we are elsewhere that day, hoping no one has the game on their phones or yells out the score. My poor son has to work until 5 pm, he is upset, too.

I miss the days when NBC didn't have control over the playoffs.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH

Thursday, May 9, 8 p.m.:
My son told me before he went to bed "Mom, history has the Bruins losing game three. Whenever they play on May 14, they lose, but be grateful Mom that it's not game 7!!!!"

I told my overly optimistic son to git to bed, I don't want to hear anymore of that trash talk in my house! :laugh:

NMF

May 24, 2012
My son told me before he went to bed "Mom, history has the Bruins losing game three. Whenever they play on May 14, they lose, but be grateful Mom that it's not game 7!!!!"

I told my overly optimistic son to git to bed, I don't want to hear anymore of that trash talk in my house! :laugh:

Your son is correct. May 14 is my birthday. The Bruins lose every time they play on that day, for as long as I have been alive. Here's to this year being different!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Assuming there is a game 6 ;)

Amen to that. I'll take a sweep!

I don't even want to turn a profit on this, and it looks like I'll be lucky to recoup my cost of $335 for the pair. I thought that was a pretty reasonable total for a pair of conference final tickets, but the market in Carolina sucks ass right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad