Pre-Game Talk: Game 2 Wild against Avs + refs. Saturday 7:30MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think they finally settled in during the 3rd last game. Both Varly and the rest of the team.

I'm optimistic they got the exuberance and nerves out of their system, and can play like they usually play.

They faced a lot of adversity in their very first playoff game, and overcame it. That will do wonders for their confidence that they can play as well in the playoffs as they did in the regular season. Roy was already pushing the idea that they generated a lot of momentum just in that one game, which is not necessarily true, but just a confidence booster for a young team.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Most of our jitters were excitement for the playoffs, time off since the last game played (especially Varly; it had been two weeks between games) and just how loud the crowd was. I think they will be able to focus and play more of their game like how last game finished with this stuff out of the way. They also know what to expect now.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm expecting game 2 to be more lopsided. Not sure which direction. Ideal scenario would be a clear victory for the Avs, with no room for officiating blame.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm expecting game 2 to be more lopsided. Not sure which direction. Ideal scenario would be a clear victory for the Avs, with no room for officiating blame.

The Wild could have a 20-0 advantage in powerplays and still call the refs biased against them.

Anyways, I agree with you.
I feel like tomorrow the game will be lopsided one way or another.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
New strategy the NHL should adopt:

Playoff teams can bid for players on non-playoff teams with the highest bidder getting the player for the duration of the playoffs. That way, non-playoff teams can get some additional financial support as well.

I'm not serious, but it would be an interesting wrinkle.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
ggmTk.gif

NOTE
People in Colorado CAN watch Game's 3 and 4 from the Pepsi Center with that glorious screen. Parking and tickets are FREE, but you have to RSVP Altitude Tickets.com I believe.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dater says no Mitchell once again.

If I had to guess, which is based on nothing, I would say Mitchell maybe in game 4 and Duchene in game 5*.

*If necessary. :D

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
New strategy the NHL should adopt:

Playoff teams can bid for players on non-playoff teams with the highest bidder getting the player for the duration of the playoffs. That way, non-playoff teams can get some additional financial support as well.

I'm not serious, but it would be an interesting wrinkle.

Toronto might actually win a cup under such a system...if we ever have another shortened season for them to sneak into the playoffs...:naughty:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Posted this in the PGT but it's more fitting here. The wild have demoted Brodziak from their third line, and if that didn't suck enough Haula is taking his place between Nino and Cooke. If Talbot and co can just neutralize that line, I'll be thrilled. Otherwise we'll be in trouble until we can get some bodies back.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
even more pumped up for this game, thinking avs have all momentum right now, hard for minny to come back if avs win this one

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
even more pumped up for this game, thinking avs have all momentum right now, hard for minny to come back if avs win this one

Yep.

If the Avs win this one, I think we'll split the Minny games, and Avs will win it at home in game 5.

On a side note, I dont think I've ever seen a fan base complain more about the Refs then the Wild fans. Holy **** are they ever a whiny group.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
I'm just going to be blunt and say it: thinking Barrie interfered is one thing. Thinking EJ intentionally knocked off the net or not seeing the difference between that play and the Koivu one just isn't intelligent.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
Yep.

If the Avs win this one, I think we'll split the Minny games, and Avs will win it at home in game 5.

On a side note, I dont think I've ever seen a fan base complain more about the Refs then the Wild fans. Holy **** are they ever a whiny group.

I think my favorite has to be either the ones calling last night a fluke (despite the Avs winning 4 of 5 against Minnesota in the regular season) or the ones acting as if what they saw last night was the Avs at their very best.

MacKinnon for Coyle, well, that's just common sense. Every GM in the league would run every red light driving MacKinnon to the airport themselves if they were offered the great Charlie Coyle for him.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If the 4th line struggles again tomorrow night, then maybe Roy will change it up. They'll probably call up a bunch of Lake Erie guys after their season ends tomorrow. I'd swap Colin Smith for Carey, personally.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If the 4th line struggles again tomorrow night, then maybe Roy will change it up. They'll probably call up a bunch of Lake Erie guys after their season ends tomorrow. I'd swap Colin Smith for Carey, personally.

I know they had a goal against by Minny's 4th line in their couple minutes of gametime, but I'm not too sure you can really say they struggled only getting 2 minutes. They didn't get a chance to do anything. I also don't see what Colin Smith would do for us from the 4th line. The goal against was a defensive line change goof, not on the 4th line even.

Roy played our top 6 guys most of the time to keep us in the game since we can't compete with the Wild's depth if we use our 3rd/4th lines as heavily as they do. We're missing our best player, a 2nd line winger and a 3rd line center. I'm pretty sure they're injury free in their top 12.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
4th line's only real shift was when they kept the puck in the Wild zone and drew a penalty. Don't really see what's the point of complaining about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad