Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: vs. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FleuryNuggetMaster

May 2, 2014
If you think Fleury was why we lost game 1, you don't know much about hockey.

Not talking especially about his performance in game 1, but in series in general. We all know his past and tendance to choke... And dont talk about the stanley cup he won... That's only an exception.

Game 1 has been lost by the entire team but they play nervously knowing Fleury can choke at every moment. Thats why Bylsma must bench him.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not talking especially about his performance in game 1, but in series in general. We all know his past and tendance to choke... And dont talk about the stanley cup he won... That's only an exception.

Game 1 has been lost by the entire team but they play nervously knowing Fleury can choke at every moment. Thats why Bylsma must bench him.

Nope.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
from the other thread that somehow just got closed despite the discussion back and forth
answering jiggyfly

1.who do we have on the roster thats "fast, skilled, and gritty"
i'm all for them..but, where are they on this roster??
vitale maybe? though the "skill" part comes in question there

2. skilled puck hounds?? really? i dont really hate megna but you and the other guy are exaggerating a bit. no?

BTW gritty also goes by another name -- toughness

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
is talbot the only guy you remeber playing on the 4th line those 2 years?

this conversation has nothing to do with this game. Talbot was on the line. Adams was on the line. Godard was on the line I think, until the playoffs. Then he was sat because he's a useless player in games that matter.

Anyways, I'm going to bed. I completely disagree with you on this, and there doesn't seem to be any way either of us are changing the other's mind.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
right

and crosby and malkin didnt go into the playoffs playing like zombies either.

cooke and roberts (bottom six) also took every chance they had to lay the body on someone

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
right

and crosby and malkin didnt go into the playoffs playing like zombies either.

cooke and roberts (bottom six) also took every chance they had to lay the body on someone

See, this is where you lose me. This is completely unrelated to the toughness in the bottom 6 and it is the actual problem right now, but you are trying to somehow connect them. It makes no sense.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
i think part of them has checked out.
the abuse they are getting and no answers with anyone having their backs.

i'm not the only one who's though that, either

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
from the other thread that somehow just got closed despite the discussion back and forth
answering jiggyfly

1.who do we have on the roster thats "fast, skilled, and gritty"
i'm all for them..but, where are they on this roster??
vitale maybe? though the "skill" part comes in question there

2. skilled puck hounds?? really? i dont really hate megna but you and the other guy are exaggerating a bit. no?

BTW gritty also goes by another name -- toughness

How is it exaggerating? Megna has unreal B-B speed that puts the fear of Christ into opposing blueliners and is almost always the F1 and retrieves the puck. He also has a nice set of hands and can create offense on his own.

He plays without fear and goes in the corners and battles his ass off every shift, and is always crashing the net and parked in front screening the goalie.

He would also be bigger than all but two of the Hawks bottom six guys that won the cup.

He is as big as Talbot and TK.. Didn't those guys help win a cup in a bottom six role? He isn't as nasty as Satan though. Dude was just borderline evil.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
How is it exaggerating? Megna has unreal B-B speed that puts the fear of Christ into opposing blueliners and is almost always the F1 and retrieves the puck. He also has a nice set of hands and can create offense on his own.

He plays without fear and goes in the corners and battles his ass off every shift, and is always crashing the net and parked in front screening the goalie.

He would also be bigger than all but two of the Hawks bottom six guys that won the cup.

He is as big as Talbot and TK.. Didn't those guys help win a cup in a bottom six role? He isn't as nasty as Satan though. Dude was just borderline evil.

again, dont really hate megna there. but, i'd put him on the 3rd line actually. and keep the 4th line a bit tougher.

as far as your chicago comparison before. they have bickell and bollig. 2 huge guys that can hit and (gasp) fight as well

check out boston's line up while your at it.
another recent cup winner.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Just do one where you say:

"Posting a game day thread was optional today. This was a change to the schedule. It's a great day for wiffle ball!"
GDT was canceled, due to a lack of hustle.
2m847za.jpg

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
All I know is I'm pretty sure hank is going to be spectacular one of these games so lets just win this one to he safe ok...please?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I feel like from here on out for the rest of the playoffs, our GDT should just be a one panel MSPaint monstrosity. Put as much effort into the GDT as the Pens put into the games. Give it a good five minutes, and then just half ass it for an hour.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The sad part is...

The Penguins can play a completely dominant game tomorrow, win decidedly, and people will stop *****ing until the next loss. Well, not completely, they'll pick a guy to rag on because, why be happy?

I get to miss this one too, but I am off on Monday to watch Game 3, not even sure if I really feel up for it at this point, it's just hard seeing a team you've been a fan for, for 3 decades...play like such crap and have potential wasted and have problems that stem from players not caring all the way up to likely an ownership that just doesn't care as long as the team stays in the Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad