Post-Game Talk: Game #2 - Vote for the 3 stars

Who were the 3 best Sens players in the game vs Philadelphia 14/10/2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Thought almost everyone had a good game today.

I really liked Kelly and Joseph on the PK, they absolutely killed it, pun intended. Kelly has been noticeably faster and more involved. Hamonic also has a good game. I love Zub and Sanderson together, they have some nice chemistry going and they know exactly where they are on the ice.

I'd go Chychrun, Sanderson and Tkachuk for the 3 stars - in that order.

HM to Giroux. Expecting a bit more from Stu but he will benefit the most from getting Norris and Pinto back.

For the more average I thought Batherson was running around a lot but not much was happening. Brannstrom was average too.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It seems that Chychrun, Tkachuk and Sanderson will run away with this one.

But every vote counts! When I will compile it, every vote will be calculated, a ranking for stars and one for votes (or something like that)

I went off the board with Tarasenko for my 3rd star (instead of Tkachuk). I felt he was physically engaged, and showed good vision and passing skills on his assists.

Seems like Sanderson might be a perma-star all season for me. What a stud.

By the way, thanks for doing this, @Xspyrit; this should a fun exercise throughout the season!

Thanks! This way it should be clear which contract we'll need to attach a 1st to next season to get rid of!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Chychrun, Sanderson, Chabot.

Solid D structure the whole game.

Our defense is going to win us many games this season.

Reactions: OD99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I went with the 3 D.

Already on record that we will have 3 D with 50+ points so happy to see them chipping in early.

I was at the game, behind the net and I swear that Greig tipped in that Sanderson goal. It looked like it was going wide and hit the shift of his stick and went in.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
1) Chych
2) Sandy
3) Tarasenko

Brady would've been the easy choice for 3rd star but I wanted to show the Tank some love. I thought he looked a lot better today than he did in Carolina. Hopefully he continues to get better and becomes a force.

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Greig will not always be noticed but that type of player is so important, a quiet force that progressively tilts the ice in your favor. So damn smart and an impressive attention to details, extremely rare at his age (turned 21 y/o 2 months ago). Again tonight, best CF% at ES and among the best xGF% too

Reactions: DrEasy and OD99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I added Forsberg just because the tending has been so bad for so long here just to have a goalie do what you ask of him is worthy of a star IMO

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
3 Stars
Chychrun
Sanderson
Brady

3 worst - against expectations
Giroux
Brannstrom
Kubalik

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Forsberg was really good. Especially in the third. Brady scored 2 goals but didn't love his game or engagement honestly. I'd have Chyc, Sanderson Forsberg.

Hope forsberg starts today.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Chychrun, Sanderson, Tkachuk.

HM - Tarasenko

I went off the board with Tarasenko for my 3rd star (instead of Tkachuk). I felt he was physically engaged, and showed good vision and passing skills on his assists.

Seems like Sanderson might be a perma-star all season for me. What a stud.

By the way, thanks for doing this, @Xspyrit; this should a fun exercise throughout the season!

Very much agreed. @Xspyrit - proposition: should we also keep a running tally/table of HF three star selections?

Reactions: guyzeur

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Greig will not always be noticed but that type of player is so important, a quiet force that progressively tilts the ice in your favor. So damn smart and an impressive attention to details, extremely rare at his age (turned 21 y/o 2 months ago). Again tonight, best CF% at ES and among the best xGF% too
He's playing really really well. A great 200 ft game. Impacts it in every facet. Imagine this team with Pinto and Norris... If they can somehow trade Kubalik to make room for Pinto I'd like to see this lineup.

Tkachuk Stutzle Giroux
Norris Pinto Batherson
Joseph Grieg Tarasenko
Kelly Kastelic McEwen
Smejkal Chartier

Reactions: Xspyrit

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Yes why not? Could you do it? Or someone else? Then we'll adjust

Did it on my phone, formatting not great, but it gives us a starting point.

I gave a point to both guys for a tie. I figure it will even out over 82.

Player1st star2nd star3rd star
Joseph1
Kelly1
Batherson1
Chartier1
Chychrun1
Sanderson1
Tkachuk1

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad