Post-Game Talk: Game 2 - The B's shuffle out of Buffalo with a 4-0 win.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
For some reason.. I feel like this team is gonna be a Jekyll/Hyde situation again.

At least it'll make things interesting and cause a lot of minor heart attacks.

I am mellow now in my older age, I used to freak out and get mad, now I realize it is just a sport.
You have to have the ups and downs to keep the heart rate up, hahaha.

As long as the Bruins make the playoffs, that is all you can really ask as anything can happen.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
It is easy to get down on a blow out loss especially early in the season, then to get high on a 4-0 shut out.

Bruins will be fine, I would like to see some secondary goal scoring one day though, that is this teams biggest need.

Now that I think about it, we haven't had an even strength goal by a line other than the Bergy line since the Toronto series have we? That's not good lol

Reactions: Sheppy

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Wow. I actually liked Backes since he's been here. He's not the player he was at 27 but he's been effective. He didn't look good in the first game but outside of Moore and a few shifts from the top line - no one did. I'd wager it's just beginning of the season, that they needed a shake-up after that Wash game, and he is a big part of the team this year.
I like having him here. Not everything can be kids kids kids kids.
Backes no longer has value he had at one point.. he is a big part of the team well ok..I don't agree . Imo he is no where close to the nucleus

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You spent the last 3 years saying the Bruins sucked, Sweeney sucked, the prospects were overrated

You only show up when **** is going wrong

They win 10 in a row you will disappear faster than a ghost

You follow posters with the same precision as you do NHl players
You just don't like that I don't feel the same way as you do on some of your players . Tough!
Don Sweeney sucks...those are your words not mine
I did say like most who follow this game objectively that I didn't like his signings .i.e backes beleskey
But not to you ...backes is godsent for you..wish u could ask DS or Cam if there happy with that signing or better yet if they had to to sign him all over again .
Would they?
Second.. I did not like his Nash trade from the start. I am not the only one. Nash was pretty much what I expected him to be.. useless
The Hayes trade also didn't pan out
So I'll give credit for McAvoy
Debrusk looks good . Carlo could turn out to be purely a defensive dman.
For the Others the question marks
Are out ..
Next I'll be gone if they win 10 in a row ... Is that a prediction?
Actually 2 predictions in one.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You follow posters with the same precision as you do NHl players
You just don't like that I don't feel the same way as you do on some of your players . Tough!
Don Sweeney sucks...those are your words not mine
I did say like most who follow this game objectively that I didn't like his signings .i.e backes beleskey
But not to you ...backes is godsent for you..wish u could ask DS or Cam if there happy with that signing or better yet if they had to to sign him all over again .
Would they?
Second.. I did not like his Nash trade from the start. I am not the only one. Nash was pretty much what I expected him to be.. useless
The Hayes trade also didn't pan out
So I'll give credit for McAvoy
Debrusk looks good . Carlo could turn out to be purely a defensive dman.
For the Others the question marks
Are out ..
Next I'll be gone if they win 10 in a row ... Is that a prediction?
Actually 2 predictions in one.
Relax it’s a game. No worries you thought they would stink last year. It was me and a couple of others who had it but even I was to low.

I had them at 105 and third.

I had their prospects top 5 not 1.

We all were wrong.

Even I underestimated what a brilliant young GM Donny is.

All good.

Go Bruins

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
You guys realize that we beat the Buffalo Sabres, who finished last in the league last year, after getting smoked by the best team in the league the night before, right? Ok, we didn't lose, but winning that game was a classic case of cold comfort IMO. This team, as presently constructed, is still nowhere near "ready for prime time" and will not be able to hang with the top talented teams. And, it's a sluggish, laboring brand of skating I'm seeing out there. Boring to watch, really. I watched much more of the Patriots game last night and I don't even really like football all that much. The starry-eyed dreamers and ostriches with their heads in the sand can continue to remain in denial, but this roster is looking mighty thin in too many spots.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
You guys realize that we beat the Buffalo Sabres, who finished last in the league last year, after getting smoked by the best team in the league the night before, right? Ok, we didn't lose, but winning that game was a classic case of cold comfort IMO. This team, as presently constructed, is still nowhere near "ready for prime time" and will not be able to hang with the top talented teams. And, it's a sluggish, laboring brand of skating I'm seeing out there. Boring to watch, really. I watched much more of the Patriots game last night and I don't even really like football all that much. The starry-eyed dreamers and ostriches with their heads in the sand can continue to remain in denial, but this roster is looking mighty thin in too many spots.

Lighten up, Eeyore.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am mellow now in my older age, I used to freak out and get mad, now I realize it is just a sport.
You have to have the ups and downs to keep the heart rate up, hahaha.

As long as the Bruins make the playoffs, that is all you can really ask as anything can happen.

With you there, in my 20`s you couldn`t talk to me for a few days after a Bruin loss, make it a week if that loss was at the hands of the Habs.

Now? I don`t like losses, especially what we saw vs the Caps but I have options and a "touch" of maturity and common sense enough to turn the channel, do something else. I still over react at times but I think I tend to reel it back in quickly and if and when I`m wrong about something I posted, I do my best to come on here and take my lumps

Nice rebound yesterday, Sabres are a different team, some solid talent over there, just seem to need some time to figure out how to play together but they had their chances. Personally I would have gone right back to Rask but that`s why I`m sitting on a couch typing and Butch is making bank behind the bench of a NHL team

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You ask to speak to managers a lot, don't you?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Buffalo made a lot of changes and it's the NHL where teams go from being terrible to solid all the time. Plus it was their home opener.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

gonna give the team a touch more than 2 games before offering my definitive thoughts on their overall performances.

Reactions: Zillah

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
With you there, in my 20`s you couldn`t talk to me for a few days after a Bruin loss, make it a week if that loss was at the hands of the Habs.

Now? I don`t like losses, especially what we saw vs the Caps but I have options and a "touch" of maturity and common sense enough to turn the channel, do something else. I still over react at times but I think I tend to reel it back in quickly and if and when I`m wrong about something I posted, I do my best to come on here and take my lumps

Nice rebound yesterday, Sabres are a different team, some solid talent over there, just seem to need some time to figure out how to play together but they had their chances. Personally I would have gone right back to Rask but that`s why I`m sitting on a couch typing and Butch is making bank behind the bench of a NHL team

I'd say two years ago is when my whole mentality changed. Like you, I'd get so fired up over a game that I'd be pissed for 2-3 days. A loss going into a weekend would ruin my whole weekend. Then one day I thought to myself "whether this team wins or loses, it has zero affect on my life/ability to provide for my family. No matter the outcome, I still need to go to work and put food on the table and no matter how mad I get, the outcome of the game isn't going to change."

Since that day, my stress level watching games has been just about zero and win or lose I sleep the same at night.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I’m pretty sure the game against the Caps and the one against the Sabres were both worth 2 points?

Reactions: Chief Nine

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Relax it’s a game. No worries you thought they would stink last year. It was me and a couple of others who had it but even I was to low.

I had them at 105 and third.

I had their prospects top 5 not 1.

We all were wrong.

Even I underestimated what a brilliant young GM Donny is.

All good.

Go Bruins

DkH.i am relaxed where did you get that I said they'd stink from the start of the season I said they'd make the playoffs..."stink" is a strong word .
The bruins are a team who pretty much rely on one line... If we are to go further we need better depth.
Btw. Since I am Mr negative at least to you and maybe some others. Krejci was criticized during the playoffs last season. I posted many times that I couldn't understand that point. I was pleased with. Dk.but being as a crafty center he needs good scoring wingers. He is dependent on that.
As far as DS . I am ok overall with DS. He and Cassidy did well last season . And you're right better then most expected but I don't share your opinion that he's been brilliant then again most GMs arguably aren't imo ... brilliant.

Reactions: DKH

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

I have yet to see anything further than cautious optimism.

Is that really too much for you? Should we all be impressed with your “realist” point of view?

I think the first loss of the season put things in perspective and I don’t think anyone thinks this team is ready for “prime time” as currently built and playing. That being said...not sure anyone was really thinking that before Wednesday but if you insist.

I guess we just happen to be fans of the team.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Jeez you're like the lottery dealer that told me "It's only 5 bucks" when I cashed in my scratch off.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

So rather than watch a team you are a fan of (I'm assuming you're a Bruins fan), you rather watch a sport you don't really like because you don't like the way the team is constructed? Seem odd to protest your dislike for the team, by watching something you don't really like....but hey everyone has their own way of being a fan I guess.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Backes no longer has value he had at one point.. he is a big part of the team well ok..I don't agree . Imo he is no where close to the nucleus

I think he will pleasantly surprise you this season. We'll see. For me - I don't see a player that's completely 'lost it' yet and see a player that can still contribute 20-30, responsible play and leadership - but I've been wrong enough times before (I actually liked the Gagne signing) and will be wrong many more times. I'll definitely give him another 20 games at least and re-evaluate.

Reactions: Marcobruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad