GDT: Game #2: St. Louis Blues vs. Calgary Flames // Back to Basics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I think this team is much better this year too.

I can't wait to play teams like Chicago and LA to gauge how much better we got. I honestly can't wait for the game in Chicago since we always seem to lose there.

I truly want to see big body team like LA + Anaheim and how Jocke+Jori can take hard physical team and mostly how Jori can handle and give some back.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Of coarse everything looks better tonight.... They are playing Calgary, probably a bottom 5 team

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
Also the rangers straight up turtled and played the counter game after they got 1 goal.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
This thread has really slowed down. I wonder if some people bailed to watch the Cardinals?

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
Well that was a good game overall. Sucks we gotta wait 5 days for the next game.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Ott looked light years better tonight. Probably easier to do though when you're with Backes an Oshie. Shatty was fantastic as well.

Stastny's little stutter step and cut to the middle move devastating.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Lehtera, Lindstom all getting more PP time than Schwartz? ha what a laugher

No, he missed the first ten days of camp and only played in two preseason games. The fact that we have new coaches handling the special teams and a revamped PP has everything to do with it. He will slide back into his original spot probably starting Thursday in LA.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Stastny looks great. Should have drafted him back in the day. I was pissed when we passed.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Only got to watch the first before I had to go to work, but a much better effort from the guys tonight. Part of it, for sure, is that we were playing Calgary. I can't wait to see how this team fairs against a Kings team that has tormented us the past few seasons.

Still keeping my eye on Hitch to see how he runs the team during that game. He's made a few decisions thus far that have made me cringe.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
It's only been two games, but what I've seen from the new additions I like the way they look with this team.

We all thought this would be the deepest team The Blues have ever iced and I would say it sure looks to be true.

Now is it built for the playoffs, we only have 80 more games before we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad