GDT: GAME 2 | Sens vs Red Wings | Happy Thanksgiving | 7 PM EST | Sporsnet One | Formenton Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Man, I think the most disastrous thing that could ever happen to this franchise from a branding perspective would be to have the arena land negotiation with the NCC fall apart.

I think there's a big chunk of the fanbase that have already put all of their eggs into that basket, and having a new arena waived in front of their faces only to have it pulled away at the last minute would be a huge blow to the morale of the team and city.

And the scary part - knowing the history of the NCC, it's not a ridiculous hypothetical scenario, either.

That new arena basket is , like, at least 5 years away. Are Sens "fans", or maybe "grocery shoppers" (as is the latest lame excuse from another fan) , supposed to stay home for another 5 years and wait for a new arena?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
With Hoffman the skill is/was apparent, Dzingel has speed but no other tools that stand out.

I like that he is tenacious and passionate when he plays. He will fight when pushed, and will do a lot of little things too. Here's to hoping his hands continue to develop.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Are Sens "fans", or maybe "grocery shoppers" (as is the latest lame excuse from another fan) , supposed to stay home for another 5 years and wait for a new arena?

Regardless of what anyone thinks fans "should" be doing, I think we are already seeing part of the fanbase tuck in and wait for the new arena, yes.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would say that Dzingel is a decent two way 3rd line player with the potential for 30 pts give or take IF he plays in the top 9 with a play maker like Ryan or Stone. Not sure he can pot more than 20 pts without a play maker on his line since he can't seem to do anything on his own. He's a player I would probably look to move in any package to upgrade on the wing while he still may have some value. I have always liked his speed & willingness to go, if he has to but his lack of finish has been disappointing & at his age I doubt he suddenly finds his game or the back of the net.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Dzingel is like a faster Chris Kelly when Kelly was younger or a Christoph Schubert who doesn't play defense.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Cant say I've seen much of either from him. Not really a guy I'm expecting to stickhandle out of a phone booth or make a pinpoint pass through traffic.

You're using elite level plays to judge if he's good at those things? I dunno if that's the best way to evaluate him.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
You're using elite level plays to judge if he's good at those things? I dunno if that's the best way to evaluate him.

I think he's just using hyperbole to make his point; Dzingel isn't a high-skill player.

It's in Dzingel's best interest, in my opinion, to really hone his defensive game. A lightning fast player who can kill penalties and neutralize opponent's chances is always in demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad