Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Sens @ Habs | Canadiens threaten to take 2 game lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Just thought I'd start a new thread for pre-game talk as it's kind of getting muddied up in the post-game and series thread.

Will Pacioretty play?
Will Subban get less than 2 points?
Will Markov start the scoring for the opponents again?

My GDT should be up around midnight tonight.

GO HABS GO
tumblr_lu222wFWXK1qmrfbao1_500.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Amazing how the narrative of this series has been flipped upside down. Up until yesterday it was all about the big tough Sens and how Montreal should expect to be hit, hurt and dominated.

One day later and the Habs are the big mean bad guys. Crazy.

I really like what DSP brings. The line sucked because of PAP being in Patches' spot, but with Patches on course to being in the lineup tomorrow night, that line should be good to go, with DSP's physical play, Patches skill and shooting ability and DD being... well... DD.

We definitely aren't afraid of physical play this year, that's for sure. I really like the bottom six we have and them not being afraid of getting physical and banging the body, plus, they're all strong enough to win battles on the boards, and have the speed to get by the Sens defenders.

Also, it's 2013 role reversal. We're in their heads and they're at risk of trying to do too much physically while we play hockey, which is how we've always beaten Boston.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I expect the Patches-DD-DSP line to surprise people. Sure, Desharnais is junk and shouldn't be on the team/doesn't bring much at all to the playoffs, but having a guy like DSP crashing and banging and retrieving pucks and making room for DD to pass it to Patches for his snipeage...OH BABY

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Hey guys, you can discuss other team's fans (within reason), but don't start talking about what they've said on other sections of the boards. Thanks. It'll make my life and your life easier.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I think we should thread carefully. The Sens have shown to be very resilient and a hard team to beat for consecutive games, so we shouldn't proclaim ourselves as winners so early. There's still a long way to go.

I won't believe we're guaranteed to go through, until we beat them in game 3 in Ottawa.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Calling it now, Dale Weise with a Gordie Howe hatty.

tumblr_nfdluzqjCJ1shr61qo1_1280.jpg

Please let PK free Michel, to see him have the less have time out of all our D's hurts my soul.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I hate Montreal with a passion. But living in Ottawa has made me hate the ignorance of sens fans even more. Go habs!

Someone should photoshop the sniper cat with Stone flailing around on the ground. What a sell job.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I no longer consider the Bruins a team I despise. I now truly hate the Senators and their fans much more. At least I repsect the Bruins. I have nothing but a seething hatred for that entire organization. I can't believe Murray said what he said. Bergevin I could not see saying crap like that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I hate Montreal with a passion. But living in Ottawa has made me hate the ignorance of sens fans even more. Go habs!

Someone should photoshop the sniper cat with Stone flailing around on the ground. What a sell job.

lol, living in Ottawa has made me hate the ignorance of Sens fans as well. It was ridiculous that a lot of Sens fans thought they had this one in the bag before the series even started, that Hammond was better than Price, that their D was better than ours, etc.

It was like they won the Presidents trophy and were Cup favourites.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I no longer consider the Bruins a team I despise. I now truly hate the Senators and their fans much more. At least I repsect the Bruins. I have nothing but a seething hatred for that entire organization. I can't believe Murray said what he said. Bergevin I could not see saying crap like that.

Yep.

I still hate the Bruins, in the sense that I want to see them absolutely burn whenever they play us, however, I still respect that fact that they've won a cup and gone to the SCF in the past 5 years. You can't deny that they accomplished some great things in recent years.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They're so rattled. They lost to us without our two best skaters and they probably had no idea that we were going to come out as physical as we were and as tight as we were defensively, especially in the 3rd period. This is not the same team that they beat in 2013. Not one bit. This is a team that was in the conference finals last year, has the best goalie in the world and won the division again.

As for the Bruins/Sens thing, I still hate the Bruins because they're our rival, but I respect them. But the hate is strictly that: the rivalry. Sens? I don't hate them because of a rivalry, it's because of the arrogance.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
From what I heard in Bryan Murray's press conference, Quintal is gathering all the facts today before giving a decision?

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
They're so rattled. They lost to us without our two best skaters and they probably had no idea that we were going to come out as physical as we were and as tight as we were defensively, especially in the 3rd period. This is not the same team that they beat in 2013. Not one bit. This is a team that was in the conference finals last year, has the best goalie in the world and won the division again.

As for the Bruins/Sens thing, I still hate the Bruins because they're our rival, but I respect them. But the hate is strictly that: the rivalry. Sens? I don't hate them because of a rivalry, it's because of the arrogance.

Amen. Love the avatar too. And PK's slash was one of the least malicious I've seen that hurt a player. It was no baseball swing. This one was way more of one. MArio Lemieux scoffs at PK's slash being called that

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
You need to have respect for certain fan bases. The way I look at it is that Hab and Leafs fan stay loyal to their team throughout good times and bad times. Sens fans are like sheep. They follow wherever the crowd is going. If sens suck then nobody pays them any attention. When they are good then they are the best team in the world.

Do you know how awkward it is seeing someone wearing a sens jersey and asking, "Weren't you a Leafs fan in January?" and their response is , "Ya but thats when Leafs were playing well and Sens were terrible"

Adamcrazy3

Dec 9, 2011
Montreal, Canada
From what I heard in Bryan Murray's press conference, Quintal is gathering all the facts today before giving a decision?

No. That's what Murray is hoping for. He hopes Quintal will take the whole day to make a decision. NHL already said they weren't suspending Subban so I doubt they will backtrack.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You need to have respect for certain fan bases. The way I look at it is that Hab and Leafs fan stay loyal to their team throughout good times and bad times. Sens fans are like sheep. They follow wherever the crowd is going. If sens suck then nobody pays them any attention. When they are good then they are the best team in the world.

Do you know how awkward it is seeing someone wearing a sens jersey and asking, "Weren't you a Leafs fan in January?" and their response is , "Ya but thats when Leafs were playing well and Sens were terrible"

Aren't those two statements inherently contradictory?

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

They tried to play desperate again like that game where they game back from down 4

Too bad they already used all that gas tank up :naughty:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Weird thing about this is how it's made some of us nostalgic for a real rivalry with a real rival. Bruins and their fans may drive me nuts, but you guys know your hockey and have been the essential yin to our yang my entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad