GDT: Game 2: Pens vs. Caps|8 ET on CBC, NBC, TVA Sports| Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
We need to keep taking hockey away from the Caps. Let them continue to bully, whack, and smack us around; just go about our business. If we do that and start scoring, we'll be in their heads.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Hopefully we can capitalize on the Caps getting a little too desperate in the 3rd. Would not shock me to see some odd man rushes this period.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Pens just need to win this period. End of story. That's all... it's going to be an all-out assault by Washington. Clog it up, FRUSTRATE the already frustrated team, and go to work.

This period defines a team. Pens are going to have to survive big time.

Aren't the caps the best 3rd period team in the league? It's almost storybook how this game can turn out, tremendously outshot all game, 1 to 5 powerplay differential, goal waived off from interference. They'll score some bs lucky bounce deflection and will never look back.

I'm afraid to even watch at this point it's so perfect of an ending to not happen.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Another issue with the PP is that they have seemed to figure out that Phil really likes that "try to bank it off Sid" play. It hasn't been available to him, and he seems unsure of what to do.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Oh joy, let's talk about the leafs great season and talk to this kid at 4 ****ing am his time about the standard same questions they ask every 1st overall.... Wait and do that **** when he's actually drafted ffs

Zero discussion about this game from Sportsnet during the intermission. Sigh...

Oh Tsn how I loved you.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Every game against this bush league team makes me hate them more. I stopped caring about them because they were basically jokes for a while, but now that they're good, their innumerable cheap shots are all the more annoying. We gotta keep skating them into submission.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Probably gonna need 1 or 2 pk's this period.
Just like game 1.
We got a chance to steal one in their barn.
Let's see how she goes.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Aren't the caps the best 3rd period team in the league? It's almost storybook how this game can turn out, tremendously outshot all game, 1 to 5 powerplay differential, goal waived off from interference. They'll score some bs lucky bounce deflection and will never look back.

I'm afraid to even watch at this point it's so perfect of an ending to not happen.

Me too. I can't even watch now, just waiting for a bad bounce

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
I'm worried that with a 5-1 powerplay advantage, though deserved, the zebras will be itching to call the first thing even close to a minor against the Pens. It's coming. Would have been real nice to score on one of those chances, but the powerplay is just way too predictable.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Hopefully we can capitalize on the Caps getting a little too desperate in the 3rd. Would not shock me to see some odd man rushes this period.

For the Caps after Letang jams some passes into forward's legs? I can also see that...

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
We better not see that see saw effect of calling penalties where the caps are going to get away with murder and the pens will get called for everything. But it's NHL refs, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
so hard to trust this d. can't get away with more dumb plays this period. can good letang show up

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
The Toronto media is a rapacious vampire squid that is fovever stabbing its' blood funnel into young hockey players to suck the life from them.

lol, plus he's not even Canadian. And American! The worse kind of not Canadian!

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Another issue with the PP is that they have seemed to figure out that Phil really likes that "try to bank it off Sid" play. It hasn't been available to him, and he seems unsure of what to do.

They are taking geno's one timer, and letang just can't get that puck through when he gets a chance. But we don't have to worry we won't see another one tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad