Aug 14, 2011

SYvXUXK.jpg

X0maeGo.gif

hP4R05r.jpg

Last edited:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

So, most likely Flower in net tonight, but we already knew that. Not sure if HCMS will speak to the media after the morning skate, since it's optional. Probably no line-up changes for us, no idea what's up with the Ducks.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Thank goodness this opened up. I have been looking for something to help me procrastinate :laugh:

On another note, that bottom 6 on Anaheim, whoof. They need Rakell back bad. Stoner in the top 4 too? Oh man

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Thank goodness this opened up. I have been looking for something to help me procrastinate :laugh:

On another note, that bottom 6 on Anaheim, whoof. They need Rakell back bad. Stoner in the top 4 too? Oh man

I just guessed at their line-up. I picked Stoner since he's a LD to replace Despres (no one can ever replace Despres), and Etem may play. I just lifted the line-up from their last game, basically.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
I just guessed at their line-up. I picked Stoner since he's a LD to replace Despres (no one can ever replace Despres), and Etem may play. I just lifted the line-up from their last game, basically.

Ahh gotcha. Despres is truly irreplaceable.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

So, uh, this doesn't sound good for a guy who had his last concussion more than half a year ago.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Gibson has a career .862 save% against the Pens (Bernier is at .911, which is solid considering he was on the Leafs), so I'm not surprised he's not getting the start. I honestly don't get the Gibson hype that much, I've never been that impressed with him.

That's really sad to hear about Despres, you never want to see anyone with serious PCS issues.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Gibson's numbers against the Pens are horrifying...I can't say I blame the Ducks for going with Bernier.

Gibson has a career .862 save% against the Pens (Bernier is at .911, which is solid considering he was on the Leafs), so I'm not surprised he's not getting the start. I honestly don't get the Gibson hype that much, I've never been that impressed with him.

Thanks to getting both Kings and Ducks games here I get to see Gibson quite a lot, and I get the hype. He's never played that way against the Pens, though...you can tell the nerves are palpable when he goes up against his hometown team. Some guys play their best hockey against the team they grew up rooting for, some play their worst.

That said...I don't think Gibson is on the same tier as Murray and Vasilevskiy as far as the youngsters go. He's too prone to bad games, maybe they'll go away in time, but it's frequently all or nothing with Gibson and I'll usually take the consistent goalie over the feast or famine goalie...not sure why any Penguins fan would feel that way :sarcasm:

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Gibson does seem to get the yips when he has to play in his hometown. Bernier is no slouch, but I think the Pens could easily put 4 or 5 past him

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That Ducks' bottom six resembles what we used to see in Pittsburgh under Bylsma/Shero.

Watch it light us up tonight. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Thanks to getting both Kings and Ducks games here I get to see Gibson quite a lot, and I get the hype. He's never played that way against the Pens, though...you can tell the nerves are palpable when he goes up against his hometown team. Some guys play their best hockey against the team they grew up rooting for, some play their worst.

That said...I don't think Gibson is on the same tier as Murray and Vasilevskiy as far as the youngsters go. He's too prone to bad games, maybe they'll go away in time, but it's frequently all or nothing with Gibson and I'll usually take the consistent goalie over the feast or famine goalie...not sure why any Penguins fan would feel that way :sarcasm:

I think your 2nd paragraph nailed my view of Gibson. Gibson is obviously a good goalie, but he's not on Murray or Vasilevskiy's level. He seems like a young Fleury with his inconsistencies and athleticism. If he'd become more composed, I have no doubts he'd become a top-10 starter in hockey. That would put him with Murray and Vasilevskiy.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Ummm I freaking love the GDT. Simple but that gif is melting my heart. :yo:

Thanks. The timing is kinda jacked up, but after fiddling with it for far too long I decided to take the George Lucas approach ... abandon it then redo it later :laugh: It's also hugh-mungus beeg, so I didn't want to suck up any more bandwidth with more graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad