GDT: [Game 2: Oct 14] Calgary Flames (1-0-0) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1-1-0) 5:00pm MT on SNW

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Feel like we got worse every period lol.

Then again, this game would have probably been 6-2 without Markstrom and he's pretty much the reason we won against the Jets.

Kadri and Huberdeau gotta step up, they've been nonfactors for the majority of both games. (Ik Huberdeau has 3 points)

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Feel like we got worse every period lol.

Then again, this game would have probably been 6-2 without Markstrom and he's pretty much the reason we won against the Jets.

Kadri and Huberdeau gotta step up, they've been nonfactors for the majority of both games. (Ik Huberdeau has 3 points)
Yep. Kadri needs to show fire.

Reactions: Tofveve

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
giphy.gif

That 3rd period... the hell happened.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
well a nice night for my fantasy team anyway

Flames actually played reasonably well for much of this game. Breakdowns happen, but when they happen for 5 straight minutes you lose games. This team just like last year's looks way too easy to shutdown. Pens barely had to work for it.

Good - Lindholm was quality, probably our best skater. Markstrom made a lot of tough saves, might have liked to see that 4th goal stopped. Coleman maybe. Duehr? I dunno, not a lot of positive standouts.

Not bad - Weegar, Andersson. Coronato nice goal kid, thought he struggled a bit otherwise. Backlund Gilbert

meh - Kadri was better than the opener I thought. Still didn't get a lot done. Huberdeau also maybe a little better? Coughing a lot of pucks up. Mangiapane some good some bad(1st GA)

Not good - Hanifin, Dube, Ruzicka, Sharangovich. Tanev is struggling, 3rd pairing is a early concern this season.

Bad - Zadorov was crap. Really bad even.

Reactions: Fig and Boomstick

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Yep. Kadri needs to show fire.

Kadri who's been know for being lazy all his career, Kadri who already got his Cup, Kadri who already got his retirement contract.

That Kadri you expect to show fire?

Good luck.

Treliving destroyed this team with the Kadri&Huberdeau contracts (and low key Coleman's too, what a waste). No way around it.

Number 1 defenseman Hanifin with another brain dead, soft as baby sht performance.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
It should be us pushing in the 3rd rather than vice versa- unforgivable... next game against Caps who will want to bounce back from their 4:0 loss to Pegs..

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The only way for the Flames to win is when Huberdeau and Kadri to step up and play like Gaudreau and Tkachuk did during their good years. Rest of team lacks talent

It’s always been that way for the Flames, when Johnny wasn’t scoring, they missed the playoffs.

I seriously don’t see that happening. Huberdeau is not a puck carrying play driver. Kadri is just inferior talent and now with a bad attitude.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I didn't hate how the Flames played in this one, but through two games my biggest concern is turnovers, which speaks to forcing plays, which speaks to players not being clear on their options, which is what systems are for.

Definitely could just be an early season thing. The details are where the Flames are getting in trouble.

Reactions: Lunatik

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Kadri on the Avs was a penetrative player who could hurt you through the middle of the ice.

Outside of the first 15 games last year, we haven’t seen that from him here. And whichever line he is on also tends to get severely outchanced.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Huberdeau 5 shots. That's what the team needs going forward from him, but even more so.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Kadri on the Avs was a penetrative player who could hurt you through the middle of the ice.

Outside of the first 15 games last year, we haven’t seen that from him here. And whichever line he is on also tends to get severely outchanced.
Yeah on a contract year with a loaded contender
The Flames are not a real contender, he is already on his last fat contract

There is absolutely nothing for him to step up and it shows. The Flames would be lucky just to get a normal Kadri at this point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad