Post-Game Talk: GAME 2 - Miami 24 PATRIOTS 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I want Belichick to get that record, too. Especially after all the shit that Shula and the ‘72 dolphins were talking before and after Super Bowl XLII.

As far as not caring anymore, he HAS to care - he can’t break the record without winning games. The problem is that Belichick thinks he’s such a great coach, he thinks he can polish any old turd into a diamond. His arrogance has blinded him to his own shortcomings.
True. I'm just sick of his non answering bs.

I get why he benced Douglas in theory, but let the rook make up for his mistake. He probably the most explosive WR we have. And we let him rot on the bench. Just pisses me off.

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
ok hes not brady but you dont get a free pass to lose. bradys successor in Tampa already figured it out it looks. win and stop making excuses
This right here makes me twitch. If Mac Jones had Mike Evans he’d look a lot better too. The receivers he currently has are complementary pieces and would do just fine with a stud receiver leading the way. As others have already pointed out, don’t compare Mac to Brady because in the history of the NFL there are only a tiny few that were even close.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
True. I'm just sick of his non answering bs.

I get why he benced Douglas in theory, but let the rook make up for his mistake. He probably the most explosive WR we have. And we let him rot on the bench. Just pisses me off.
It pisses me off too. The Patriots aren’t good enough for the coach to have a ‘doghouse.’

Reactions: Mione134

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'm not a Pats fan, but I'm paying close attention to this Pats era because I feel it's going to mirror the Bruins one very closely. Just trying to prepare my soul.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
This right here makes me twitch. If Mac Jones had Mike Evans he’d look a lot better too. The receivers he currently has are complementary pieces and would do just fine with a stud receiver leading the way. As others have already pointed out, don’t compare Mac to Brady because in the history of the NFL there are only a tiny few that were even close.

If you believe Mac is one Mike Evans away from greatness Id take that bet in a second. The only QB who comes with an instruction manuel of excuses of what cant be said about his game.

Reactions: HiyaGeorgii

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
If you believe Mac is one Mike Evans away from greatness Id take that bet in a second. The only QB who comes with an instruction manuel of excuses if what cant be said about his game
I never said that. If you think Baker Mayfield is the second coming of Tom Brady you need to check yourself. I said that Mac would look better if he had a stud receiver. I’d also like a competent O-line but that’s not happening anytime soon either.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I never said that. If you think Baker Mayfield is the second coming of Tom Brady you need to check yourself. I said that Mac would look better if he had a stud receiver. I’d also like a competent O-line but that’s not happening anytime soon either.

the second coming of Tom Brady eh. Lets just hope Mac can beat the Jets this week if thats not asking too much

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
the second coming of Tom Brady eh. Lets just hope Mac can beat the Jets this week if thats not asking too much
You know, your biggest problem is that you interpret others posts into entirely new fictional stories that suit your agenda. How many of us have to say this same thing that you twist into your narrative - MAC JONES WILL NEVER BE TOM BRADY AND NOBODY THINKS THAT BUT IF HE HAD A TRUE WR1 HE WOULD BE BETTER FOR IT…oh, and give me a better O-line too…put that in your Wonka machine and let me know what it spits out for you.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
You know, your biggest problem is that you interpret others posts into entirely new fictional stories that suit your agenda. How many of us have to say this same thing that you twist into your narrative - MAC JONES WILL NEVER BE TOM BRADY AND NOBODY THINKS THAT BUT IF HE HAD A TRUE WR1 HE WOULD BE BETTER FOR IT…oh, and give me a better O-line too…put that in your Wonka machine and let me know what it spits out for you.
I’m very thankful I wasn’t drinking anything when I read that!

Reactions: IveGotToBeMe

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Was at the game with my 8 year old son. What a drunken mess the section I was in was. Maybe im old, but wow.

Saw a fistfight develop on Rt. 1 on the way out. People literally got out of their cars to throw punches. Ive been going to games since 1994, never seen it that bad.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

alrighty see you Sunday.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Was at the game with my 8 year old son. What a drunken mess the section I was in was. Maybe im old, but wow.

Saw a fistfight develop on Rt. 1 on the way out. People literally got out of their cars to throw punches. Ive been going to games since 1994, never seen it that bad.
The natives are restless.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bourne should have caught that pass down left sideline near end of first quarter - Mac would have been 10-10 and no Douglas fumble next and final play

Im a Bourne guy but still irritated on Myers leaving

Reactions: Mione134

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
It pisses me off too. The Patriots aren’t good enough for the coach to have a ‘doghouse.’
When you are a 6th round rookie, with a total of 6 career NFL catches and you fumble, you are going to sit. Regardless of who the coach is.

The fact that people are talking about this guy as being the only "explosive" weapon on the Pats WR corps, tells you all you really need to know about the talent on the Pats WR corps.......

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
When you are a 6th round rookie, with a total of 6 career NFL catches and you fumble, you are going to sit. Regardless of who the coach is.

The fact that people are talking about this guy as being the only "explosive" weapon on the Pats WR corps, tells you all you really need to know about the talent on the Pats WR corps.......
If I were Coach Bill, I’d be pretty pissed at GM Bill for not getting me better receivers. I’d march right into GM Bill’s office and flip his desk over.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I haven't been to a Pats game since the late 80's because of this. A guy vomited on my seat when I went to get a beer, and my group got in a huge donnybrook with some drunken fools who accused us of stealing their food in the parking lot. Never again.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
What KILLS me about the Patriots and drafting is even shitty teams have a few good/great players they have drafted. I mean yes some are top 10 picks but I doubt this team would draft someone killer in the top 10.

Bill would trade it for value.
I feel like Bill hasn’t been too bad at drafting in general the last few years, he just keeps whiffing hard at receiver, and prioritizes defense too much. But has done pretty well with those defensive picks imo.

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad