GDT: Game 2: Ducks @ Flames

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Fun fact: Boner and Tanguay both had 4 won and 9 lost faceoffs in their first games this season :laugh:

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Must take advantage of the Butler-Wideman pairing. Also, it looks like their talent is all spread out. If we play them hard, our talent should outpace theirs.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hope Bonino improves over last game's performance. I don't think he SUCKED, but he was just barely capable in the role.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hope Bonino improves over last game's performance. I don't think he SUCKED, but he was just barely capable in the role.

I think Ryan was the biggest underachiever on the second line. Bonino did ok, made some nice passes and defensive plays. Tried to be involved also. But i agree - i would like to see a little bit more from him.

I think in the first game, underachievers were Perry, Ryan and Devo. Let`s hope they`ll make a difference in this game! :)

Adam Banks

May 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
I think Ryan was the biggest underachiever on the second line. Bonino did ok, made some nice passes and defensive plays. Tried to be involved also. But i agree - i would like to see a little bit more from him.

I think in the first game, underachievers were Perry, Ryan and Devo. Let`s hope they`ll make a difference in this game! :)

I agree with this. Ryan and Devo really weren't noticeable. And for players like them, they kind of need to make an impact to be effective. Perry was kind of meh to me. I don't think he necessarily played really poorly, but he certainly wasn't the Perry that everyone knows as a dominant force.

Here's to hoping that everyone shows up and plays hard tonight. Get off to a good start, Calgary played yesterday so come out of the gates hard and don't let up.

Let's go Ducks!

Jul 22, 2012
I heard them say last game that Scott Niedermayer was working with Fowler to be a rover on the PP. I'd love to see Getzlaf feeding Souray on the points, with Fowler Selanne and Perry down low.

Adam Banks

May 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
So Cam is expected to be back in the line-up? Does that change the #1 PP unit?

I hope so. Then we can hopefully see Getzlaf closer to the half wall than the point. I really don't like having him back there... Even if the power play did score in Vancouver, it didn't have much to do with him.

Jul 22, 2012
I hope so. Then we can hopefully see Getzlaf closer to the half wall than the point. I really don't like having him back there... Even if the power play did score in Vancouver, it didn't have much to do with him.

Minus that beautiful pass to Selanne right? :)

Fin9*

Staying up for this one, starts 4 AM in Finnish time :help:

After that to school on 8AM - 4 PM, gonna need a few zips of coffee/red bull tonight thats for sure :laugh:

#europeannhlfanproblems

Anyways heres hoping for a duck win!

5-2 Ducks

Teemu
Fowler
Koivu
Ryan 2x

Iginla
Baertschi

DuckshaveaRPG

Mar 9, 2011
London
i think we win by 2, just got to control iggy best as can stop him setting up in front of the net and improve on stoping those point shots. LETS GOT DUCKS

Corey Perry*

After that to school on 8AM - 4 PM, gonna need a few zips of coffee/red bull tonight thats for sure :laugh:

I always find it funny how the European fans have to stay up so late to watch the games. You guys pretty much picked the worse possible team, as we play later than all but 3 other teams in the NHL. haha

Take a nap before the game!

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

#europeannhlfanproblems

Anyways heres hoping for a duck win!

5-2 Ducks

Teemu
Fowler
Koivu
Ryan 2x

Iginla
Baertschi

I have school at 10.00

I`ll try to sleep a little before the game, but i dunno if i`ll wake up for the game :laugh:

#europeannhlfanproblems

Adam Banks

May 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
Minus that beautiful pass to Selanne right? :)

Anyone as good as Getzy will make a couple good plays from time to time no matter where they are on the ice. I just think that he would be much more effective and the power play would be better served with him down a little lower in the offensive zone.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I always find it funny how the European fans have to stay up so late to watch the games. You guys pretty much picked the worse possible team, as we play later than all but 3 other teams in the NHL. haha

Take a nap before the game!

If i`d go back for a normal day routine, i`d rather watch games at 5.am and then do my daly works, than stay up until 2.am when the game only starts... and goes until 5am.
(I suppose that goes to Finland and Latvia)

But that wasn`t anywwhere near the reasons i picked the Ducks.

Jul 22, 2012
Anyone as good as Getzy will make a couple good plays from time to time no matter where they are on the ice. I just think that he would be much more effective and the power play would be better served with him down a little lower in the offensive zone.

Yeah I do agree with you, I was just teasing. I think BB's reasoning for putting him on the point is to get the puck to Souray and with Fowler potentially roaming, someone needed to go back there. Getzlaf would be the obvious choice between Perry and Selanne. I wouldn't be surprised if its back to normal in a couple games, but at least they're trying something new, I guess.

Ducksgo*

i think we win by 2, just got to control iggy best as can stop him setting up in front of the net and improve on stoping those point shots. LETS GOT DUCKS

Ehh dredger thinks he's gonna have a career year this year due to shorten schedule and trade rumours. Per NHL Live right now on NHL Network. We gotta control Iggy

Ducksgo*

I'd like that.

That's how we won the cup! Bombs off the point! And Grit with Nieds and Moen. DAMN do I miss Scott cheating ways involving him in the play down low..... God wtf man! The Detroit game comes to mind when he tied it and Selanne finished it. Anyone remember?!?!?

Adam Banks

May 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
Yeah I do agree with you, I was just teasing. I think BB's reasoning for putting him on the point is to get the puck to Souray and with Fowler potentially roaming, someone needed to go back there. Getzlaf would be the obvious choice between Perry and Selanne. I wouldn't be surprised if its back to normal in a couple games, but at least they're trying something new, I guess.

Yea, I figured. Honestly, having him back there isn't a terrible notion given how well he passes and how hard he can shoot the puck. But since he never shoots the puck, he seems to have a hard time keeping it in the zone, and having a forward back there probably makes us a bit more susceptible to short handed rushes up ice; I'd be much happier with someone else (namely a dman) back there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad