Post-Game Talk: Game #2: Canucks 6, Oilers 2: "The Oilers are playing to win." - Mark Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I was a schneider fan and disappointed he left, but i also think lou is a great goalie, i hope he plays tomorrow.

It was nice to see him complimenting the team instead of feeling like hes been left out to dry like has been the case for the past 2 years.

Roberto wont be unhappy (if he is), especially if his team plays like a torts team that will do anything for the goalie.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
I, as well, did not know what Healy meant by "not to be a candystriper in a hospital".

Google tells me it's a volunteer female nurse that helped make the patient's stay more pleasant.

What a total misogynistic goof ball. Taking a shot at the fact Friedman is a little on the feminine side should be grounds for dismissal. But come on this is CBC we're talking about.

He got owned by Torts and then by Friedman. Sit down and take your licks.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Dubnyk's problem is the team he plays in front of.

If he's smart he'll GTFO at the end of the year and show what he can do with a proper NHL defense in front of him.

Dubnyk's problem is that he is average at every facet of the goaltending position except size. There is absolutely nothing outstanding about him. Usually a big guy like him is reliant on technique but his isn't anything to write home about. He's not particularly athletic or mobile either.

To be honest, he doesn't even warrant a mention except for the fact that a misguided Oilers management has faith in him. He's never had competition in Edmonton unless you count a way past his prime Khabibulin, and he wasn't particularly good for any of his team Canada stints unless you count a Spengler Cup during a lockout (I don't).

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
\

Heres the timeline of events

Torts yells at Keith Acton and goes back and forth swearing at him because he thinks coaches shouldnt go at the opposing players at all. Reminiscent of the "shut your yap" rant with Hitchcock.

HNIC goes to intermission with Canucks up 3-1 and the panel talks about Roy and how it relates to Torts with the yelling etc. Healy says Torts should suck it up and shut up whether EDM coaches were yelling at Van players or not..

Canucks **** kick the Oilers the rest of the game

Post game Jason Botchford, noted miscreant writer for the Province tries to take his stab as becoming Brooksie's replacement.

He asks Torts what he thought about Healy saying what he said Torts replied " I don’t care what CBC says, or what anyone says quite honestly. They don’t know what happened. I don’t really give a **** what they say."

You could tell Healy was peeved and had to get in a teenage girl shot with “He’s right, he should worry about what his players say,†“If he knew what they were saying he’d still be in New York.â€(like he actually had inside info)

Even Friedman was kind of embarassed and said enough and Healy gave him a death stare and called him something sexist like a nurse or something.

I like that Torts will stick up for himself and the team and he's sticking it to our noted rivals at the CBC.:yo:

Best post I've read on this forum :handclap:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I know it's the oilers, but we have not seen such confident puck movement and tenacity from the canucks since the cup run.

The sedins look rejuvenated and quite frankly incredible.

People need to have realistic expectations for this team. We aren't a heavy weight like SJ, Chicago etc, nor are are they rubbish. I'm not going to get too high or too low. Just going to enjoy the great games like this one, and avoid the cluster**** following losses of which their will be a few.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I don't think Will Acton can ever say he earned it on his own.

on the otherhand, he's an absurdly talented athlete who is playing on an nhl team and likely the only thing going through his mind is "i have to do anything and everything to preserve this opportunity or i'm going to lose it"

good on him

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Dubnyk's problem is that he is average at every facet of the goaltending position except size. There is absolutely nothing outstanding about him. Usually a big guy like him is reliant on technique but his isn't anything to write home about. He's not particularly athletic or mobile either.

To be honest, he doesn't even warrant a mention except for the fact that a misguided Oilers management has faith in him.

I don't think they do. They were after Schneider. I would not be surprised if they took a run a Bernier and LA said no because of the division thing.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Here you go

I love the death stare Healy gives to Elliotte after that lets not be 14 years old comment.

Thanks! That was priceless. I already hate HNIC except for Friedman, Weekes and to some extent Hrudey, but given that this happened in a situation not involving the Habs (it's their bread and butter) just shows how it's not just pure bias (though 90% of it is) - it's just that they are the biggest losers on TV. Healy's response (now that I saw his gesticulations) was pathetic and wtf was PJ talking about in terms of tone? Healy is the one who said Torts should just shutup!

Stock (for inexplicable reasons) appears on a post-game show on RDS called L'Antichambre from time to time and though there are plenty of idiots on in, he is such a notable hater/can't make one coherent sentence.

Friedman is such a cut above. I used to respect Mclean growing up, but now I find him to just be a less obviously offending cog in the CBC wheel of morons. It's gotten to the point where (and it amazes me to say this), Healy is actually worse than Cherry. And this is without the Milburys of the world.

Good for Torts and I'm sure he could care less. (As he quite blatantly stated.)

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
\

Heres the timeline of events

Torts yells at Keith Acton and goes back and forth swearing at him because he thinks coaches shouldnt go at the opposing players at all. Reminiscent of the "shut your yap" rant with Hitchcock.

HNIC goes to intermission with Canucks up 3-1 and the panel talks about Roy and how it relates to Torts with the yelling etc. Healy says Torts should suck it up and shut up whether EDM coaches were yelling at Van players or not..

Canucks **** kick the Oilers the rest of the game

Post game Jason Botchford, noted miscreant writer for the Province tries to take his stab as becoming Brooksie's replacement.

He asks Torts what he thought about Healy saying what he said Torts replied " I don’t care what CBC says, or what anyone says quite honestly. They don’t know what happened. I don’t really give a **** what they say."

You could tell Healy was peeved and had to get in a teenage girl shot with “He’s right, he should worry about what his players say,” “If he knew what they were saying he’d still be in New York.”(like he actually had inside info)

Even Friedman was kind of embarassed and said enough and Healy gave him a death stare and called him something sexist like a nurse or something.

I like that Torts will stick up for himself and the team and he's sticking it to our noted rivals at the CBC.:yo:

Great recap. Also love how Torts fights off the idiots in the media.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I, as well, did not know what Healy meant by "not to be a candystriper in a hospital".

Google tells me it's a volunteer female nurse that helped make the patient's stay more pleasant.

What a total misogynistic goof ball. Taking a shot at the fact Friedman is a little on the feminine side should be grounds for dismissal. But come on this is CBC we're talking about.

He got owned by Torts and then by Friedman. Sit down and take your licks.

Wow. After reading this, Healy is even more of a ********* than I thought. How Friedman puts up with the garbage CBC have had on their panel - between the likes of Milbury, Stock and Healy - I'll never know.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
A female poster should file a complaint against CBC and claim that she was offended by Healy's sexist comment.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
9W5mY3f.png

Do 14 year olds still make that face at that age? (Right click and view image, forum makes it small)

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I bet if the EDM brass could go back to the draft and re-do the Schneider negotiations they would. They had a chance to pick up an NHL caliber starter just coming into his own. How often does that happen? They seriously screwed that up. I think EDM has a lot of skill and could be a great team but I can't remember the last time I saw an EDM game and they had NHL caliber goaltendingto back them up. There were a lot of issues last night but when the team falls in a hole so quickly it almost kills their drive.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I bet if the EDM brass could go back to the draft and re-do the Schneider negotiations they would. They had a chance to pick up an NHL caliber starter just coming into his own. How often does that happen? They seriously screwed that up. I think EDM has a lot of skill and could be a great team but I can't remember the last time I saw an EDM game and they had NHL caliber goaltendingto back them up. There were a lot of issues last night but when the team falls in a hole so quickly it almost kills their drive.

Dubnyk is average overall. A middling starter. He's not their issue. I believe it's their D, and their dearth of big forwards. The D because everyone but Petry is suspect in the Dzone, and the forwards because they have trouble maintaining possession in the Ozone. Goaltending is lower on the list.

Healy made the comment about poor goaltending sinking a young team, and I can somewhat agree, but EDM got shelled _before_ Dubnyk started breaking down. So while he didn't help, he wasn't the cause of their collapse.

Schneider wasn't going to EDM unless their offer was outrageous compared to the NJ's deal. Guess they refused to make it good enough.

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
Game recap:

Healy's comment was idiotic. Botchford's question was goading. Tortorella's reply was arrogant and childish. The Panel's response was awkward and silly. The Sedins looked great.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
Not sure what I liked most tonight - the Canucks having their way with the Oilers, Tortorella telling CBC to pound sand, or Friedman backing him up! Love it!

A lot of people on the Canucks looked excellent tonight. Probably my biggest surprise was Sestito. Arguably his best game in a Canuck jersey. If he could play remotely that well on a consistent basis, he'd be a very good asset to have.

Also noticed Stanton on several occasions. Made some good pinches in the offensive zone, and also noticed him clearing the puck out of danger in multiple occasions in his own end. He is bringing everything Alberts was supposed to at this stage. As a waiver wire pick up, that's pretty solid.

Luongo woofed on the first goal, but was solid otherwise.

The Sedins...wow. Been a while since they've absolutely toyed with a team like that. A little too cute at times, but hard to argue with the results.

Our PK was excellent once again, very nice to see. Richardson's goal was a big one, nice time to notch his first as a Canuck. Overall I'd agree with orcatown that the only guys who really seemed to struggle were Booth, Tanev and Hamhuis. Booth still looks a bit rusty, and I'm hoping the latter two will get back to their usual selves promptly.

Pretty much was going to post all of this. I have no issue with the coach disagreeing with the CBC but he could have voiced it a little differently in my opinion. I don't think Hamhuis has been the same since the Finals year, he appears to be in a steady decline, and Booth probably has about 10 games before Torts starts tearing him a new one.

The pregame was brutal. Who hires the people that come with this amateurish garbage?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Dubnyk is average overall. A middling starter. He's not their issue. I believe it's their D, and their dearth of big forwards. The D because everyone but Petry is suspect in the Dzone, and the forwards because they have trouble maintaining possession in the Ozone. Goaltending is lower on the list.

Healy made the comment about poor goaltending sinking a young team, and I can somewhat agree, but EDM got shelled _before_ Dubnyk started breaking down. So while he didn't help, he wasn't the cause of their collapse.

Schneider wasn't going to EDM unless their offer was outrageous compared to the NJ's deal. Guess they refused to make it good enough.

You rate Dubnyk higher then I do. I think once his time in EDM is up, likely this summer, I see him as a journeyman backup. I think he's an avg goalie and certainly not #1 caliber. EDM have a lot of issues both in net and on the blueline but the goaltending is the hardest one to address. They had an opportunity this summer to trade for a legit #1 starter in Schneider whose age falls right into what they are trying to build in EDM. I am positive if their management could go back and re-do that draft day they would meet whatever demands Van had.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
Thanks! That was priceless. I already hate HNIC except for Friedman, Weekes and to some extent Hrudey, but given that this happened in a situation not involving the Habs (it's their bread and butter) just shows how it's not just pure bias (though 90% of it is) - it's just that they are the biggest losers on TV. Healy's response (now that I saw his gesticulations) was pathetic and wtf was PJ talking about in terms of tone? Healy is the one who said Torts should just shutup!

Stock (for inexplicable reasons) appears on a post-game show on RDS called L'Antichambre from time to time and though there are plenty of idiots on in, he is such a notable hater/can't make one coherent sentence.

Friedman is such a cut above. I used to respect Mclean growing up, but now I find him to just be a less obviously offending cog in the CBC wheel of morons. It's gotten to the point where (and it amazes me to say this), Healy is actually worse than Cherry. And this is without the Milburys of the world.

Good for Torts and I'm sure he could care less. (As he quite blatantly stated.)

I agreed with Stock's take, of all guys, and can't believe they actually had Healy and Milbury on at the same time at one point. Talk about a weekly car wreck. I typically don't watch anything but the game on any of the telecasts and stations anyway. It's pretty rare they have someone sharing an opinion I'd really give a rats behind about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad