Post-Game Talk: Game #2: Canucks 6, Oilers 2: "The Oilers are playing to win." - Mark Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemurion

Mar 10, 2011
I like the fact our coach is telling the media to **** off when a) they don't spend the time to know anything about us b) make comments that are just freaking stupid and uninformed.

If they want us to play nice with them then they should consider not talking **** about us all the time on the air.

I have to say that my first thought when I heard PJ Stock complaining about Torts' tone was that he might not talk to you like you're stupid if you stopped talking out your a**.

It's their own fault for not getting their facts straight before pronouncing judgement.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Yeah I kinda like the fact that our new head coach isn't suffering fools lightly. For one thing, he's right. Why should he care what CBC says, especially when what they're saying is such utter garbage?

And that question? "CBC says you should shut up.." Um, asking for it much? Why should he give a ****? I also love that neither Eakins nor any of that Oiler's coaching staff wanted any part of Torts, hahaha! And he's right there too imo, don't talk **** to our players if your a coach, what do you expect Torts to do? He's standing up for his players, which is another + for him so far in my books.

And really, he can say whatever he wants so long as the team plays well which they certainly did last night. Sedins look brand new out there these first two games, like they're enjoying themselves (really wish Hank would shoot though when he's two feet in front of the net all alone and the defender is blocking the passing lane to Daniel. Shoot the ****ing puck Henrick!! You could've easily had 2 goals to go along with those 3 assists last night).

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
So I had to watch the game while playing on stage last night. While I could read lips and see clearly see exactly what Torts and Kojak yelled at each other after the bruhawhaw in the first, I don't really know what happened.

What exactly happened there?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So I had to watch the game while playing on stage last night. While I could read lips and see clearly see exactly what Torts and Kojak yelled at each other after the bruhawhaw in the first, I don't really know what happened.

What exactly happened there?

The Edmonton coach told Torts that his pants made his butt look big.

Wetcoaster

i can't believe we're still talking about this all these pages later. did none of you go to high school? being put in their place, even in the most condescending and dismissive possible way, doesn't deter morons. it just make them more belligerent. ignoring morons deters morons.
I disagree - The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

My philosophy (learned through years of experience as a lawyer) is that you loudly and continually berate and beat morons over the head until they lie broken and bleeding on the ground (figuratively speaking of course).

Wetcoaster

Not only did the Canucks chase Dubnyk from the net and knock Jesse Joensuu out of the game, they ended Taylor Hall's career as an NHL centre.

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 36m
Looks like the experiment with Taylor Hall at centre is over. He's on the wing with RNH and Eberle today.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Not only did the Canucks chase Dubnyk from the net and knock Jesse Joensuu out of the game, they ended Taylor Hall's career as an NHL centre.

Looks like the experiment with Taylor Hall at centre is over. He's on the wing with RNH and Eberle today.

Will any criminal charges be laid?

:sarcasm:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

So sad, I like Hall as a center, he gives us so much more opportunity to destroy them.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I disagree - The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

My philosophy (learned through years of experience as a lawyer) is that you loudly and continually berate and beat morons over the head until they lie broken and bleeding on the ground (figuratively speaking of course).

they're beaking off, not invading poland.

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
Agreed.

I have no problem with what Torts said, or his tone of voice when he said it.

Why should he give a **** what PJ or Healy has to say?

He starts worrying about that kind of guff and he'll have a real problem.

He obviously shouldn't care at all what PJ or Healy has to say about anything. But there are much more mature and effective ways to make that point, that don't involve grandstanding, swearing, and handing the bloodsucking Vancouver sports media the sound bite they so desperately crave.

Someone's gotta step up and take the high road, and I just happen to think it should be the coach.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
He obviously shouldn't care at all what PJ or Healy has to say about anything. But there are much more mature and effective ways to make that point, that don't involve grandstanding, swearing, and handing the bloodsucking Vancouver sports media the sound bite they so desperately crave.

Someone's gotta step up and take the high road, and I just happen to think it should be the coach.

Okay. I get your point. But after a few years of taking the high road and then watching CBC and the NHL hand our ass to us on a regular basis, I now prefer the fired up approach.

yoss

May 25, 2011
I revel in the opportunity to watch all the anti-Canuck sports media (including Vancouver based media which I include in that category to a large extent) being told straight up things that might offend their delicate sensibilities.

"CBC says you should shut up..." really? How about you shut up and ask a question pertinent to the actual game instead of constantly trying to stir **** up for your own personal sensationalizing dramatic reasons. You don't like it, go cry about it in one of your ******** new pieces like we all know you will.

I mean I'm not all that worked up about it, but it's also sort of satisfying to me. I get 'take the higher road' argument, but I also like watching the media get there panties all in a bunch. I find it ironic how poorly they handle criticism when they feel so entitled to hand it out in very imaginative and ridiculous ways that are often utterly without any rational basis.

They literally have no clue what they're talking about half the time when it comes to the Canucks. I could see if there was one guy on the panel completely out to lunch they have in there for entertainment value, but when it's over half the panel I have a hard time taking anything the talking heads have to say seriously myself.

Wow this turned into a rant, oops lol. My bad, apologies. Like I say, not an issue to me really, so long as Nucks keep winning.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Okay. I get your point. But after a few years of taking the high road and then watching CBC and the NHL hand our ass to us on a regular basis, I now prefer the fired up approach.

I'm getting to be the same way. Remember last years playoffs against San Jose when with the penalties already heavily slanted against us there were a couple plays were a Sharks player dove or exaggerated (what was it shaking the wrist on a near miss slash?) to draw a penalty, and no one outside of Vancouver said anything or cared and the Sharks kept it up? Then think back to 2011, Kesler snaps his head back against Chicago and the CBC panel puts it front and center on national TV talking about how the Canucks are embarrassing the league and the refs, and for the rest of that playoffs we actually saw our team put under the microscope by the refs and given zero tolerance and completely lost any benefit of the doubt?

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

Torts isn't good at feeding the media generic cliche lines. If you're looking for someone to always say the politically correct and diplomatic thing and always take the high road, look to the Captain. I don't think Henrik has ever said anything inflammatory in his career.

If you expect Torts to always dance around questions with civility and grace, you're going to be disappointed. He's just not that kind of guy. Does that make him a bad choice for coach? Maybe, in terms of relationship with the media. But at this point complaining that Torts said something without thinking is beating a dead horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad