GDT: Game 2: Boston Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings / 10-9-14 / 730P ET / NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
5WZd0KV.jpg

When these Bruins last saw the Detroit Red Wings in a game that mattered, it was April 26th, 2014.
The sky was happy and sunny, the streets were filled with unicorns and skittles, and all was right with the world.

courtesy of dafoomie

That series also gave us this never-to-be-forgotten gem of hockey schadenfreude....

courtesy of HockeyWebCaster

Although a dark cloud would descend on the Bruins' world not long after these moments, we'll at least have memories of the good times.

tlj5ftS.jpg

CZBl6Fo.jpg

3QJPYWh.jpg

**I would hope by now it goes without saying that these are PROJECTED LINEUPS.
They could change at any moment, depending on how many people place undue importance on defining the all-important "first line" terminology.

:bruins

This impromptu, WFH GDT is sponsored by....
hLqX1QU.jpg

...because crow is delicious during evening rush.

:bruins

Disclaimer 1: I don't at all remember if the weather was sunny on April 26th 2014. I was pretty drunk and didn't feel like consulting the Farmer's Almanac.
Disclaimer 2: If you have any issues with the information contained within this GDT, bring it up with Silky Johnson, who collaborates with Cage weekly on Mic Drop seminars around the country.

EIibb0U.jpg

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think we will see at least one change in the line up from last night.
Bart in Miller out

member 96824

Haters gonna hate
Lovers gonna love
I dont even want
None of the above

qc

Aug 23, 2011
There are actually 3 Bs in Robins. Two of them are silent.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Great GDT... and Ali.. congrats on the goal last night:handclap::handclap::handclap:
Thanks!

I just want him to play well and bounce back this season. I am a bit squeaky this morning from the scream I let out when he scored :)

I like that line a lot because it showcases each of their skills. Loui and Kelly are two of our best net crashers and take a lot of abuse from the goalies.

If they can get Loui driving to the net more I think he will be the most successful.

Looch looked like he was missing his blankie last night and it was tough to watch so hopefully Krejci is back soon.

I agree with Glory, I think we see Bart tonight. Just don't know who you sit but I think Miller may be the scratch tonight.

Bart has speed and a cannon of a shot that works well against a less physical Detroit team.

Oh and it's Babby Robins ;)

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Awesome GDT!!

Great to see Boby Robbins with a fight last night. Hoping for 2 in 2 games, but its the Wings so I doubt it. Gonna be another good game tonight, hopefully more goals!

Let's go B's!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Awesome GDT!!

Great to see Boby Robbins with a fight last night. Hoping for 2 in 2 games, but its the Wings so I doubt it. Gonna be another good game tonight, hopefully more goals!

Let's go B's!

Wondering if we see the 13th F tonight instead of Robins because it's DET? Is that Caron right now?

Edit: or still Ferlin?

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Wondering if we see the 13th F tonight instead of Robins because it's DET? Is that Caron right now?

Interesting point. Brian Ferlin is the other man currently on the roster though (for cap purposes). Maybe the re-call Caron tonight? I know that Ferlin and Subban are still in Providence despite technically being on the roster. We'll see later today if there are any changes.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Interesting point. Brian Ferlin is the other man currently on the roster though (for cap purposes). Maybe the re-call Caron tonight? I know that Ferlin and Subban are still in Providence despite technically being on the roster. We'll see later today if there are any changes.

I liked Robins' game last night, but I look at that DET lineup and don't see even the slightest chance of a fight. I would go with a more skilled 4th line, maybe give Griff (or Knight) a shot? Knight is from Michigan, would be a really nice touch by the B's, and JK has been real good in PRO so far from what I have heard.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I'm hoping Loui gets out of his goal-scoring slump. Have a hunch Spooner has a good game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad