GDT: Game 2 - (4)Boston Bruins vs (5) Toronto Maple Leafs - 7PM - CBC, RDS, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
RE-BUILD THE BOATS!

GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS (Courtesy of dafoomie)

MEDIA SCRUM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs..._but_james_reimer_keeps_his_cool_dimanno.html
37459617.jpg

Andrew Ference suspended for tonight's game: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=668941
Ference's response to the ruling:

POINTS LEADERS
15ge1c5.jpg

1 GP, 1 G, 2 A, 3 pts., +2 (19:03 ATOI)

28ahrsw.jpg

1 GP, 1 G, 0 A, 1 pts., Even (17:24 ATOI)

PLAYOFF WARRIORS
bkff8.png

180 GP, 78 G, 111 A, 189 pts., +33

gyi0063773881.0_standard_352.0.jpg

39 GP, 14 G, 9 A, 23 pts., +11

STARTING GOALIES
tumblr_ltdpbzQ7yX1qbb52do1_500.jpg

1-0, 1.00 GAA, .950% SV, 0 SO

patrice-4993.r.jpg

0-1, 4.00 GAA, .900% SV, 0 SO

THE COACHES
Julien_Claude-Bruins%2012-11.jpg

41-34, Best Finish: Stanley Cup (2011)

oie_273926MUB4SuNS-300x187.png

36-27, Best Finish: Stanley Cup (2007)

PROJECTED BRUINS LINES (source: boston.com)

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
Rich Peverley-Chris Kelly-Jaromir Jagr
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Adam McQuaid
Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
Wade Redden-Dougie Hamilton

Healthy Scratches: Jay Pandolfo, Carl Soderberg, Kaspars Daugavins, Aaron Johnson, Andrew Ference (Suspended)
Injuries: None

PROJECTED LEAFS LINES (source: mapleleafs.com)

Joffrey Lupul-Tyler Bozak-Phil Kessel
James vanRiemsdyk-Mikhail Grabovski-Nikolai Kulemin
Lee Komarov-Nazem Kadri-Ryan Hamilton
Clarke MacArthur-Jay McClement-Colton Orr

Dion Phaneuf-Cody Franson
John-Michael Liles-Jake Gardiner
Mark Fraser-Ryan O'Byrne

Healthy Scratches: Joe Colborne, Matt Frattin, Frazer McLaren, Carl Gunnarsson
Injuries: Mike Kostka

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I'll be at the game with 4 of my buddies. Can't wait! No idea where our seats are, we just grabbed the first available 5 in a row over the phone.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Phaneuf is noticably horrible in Dafoomie's video. I can't even keep track of the number of times he gets caught out of position

Thank God we get to play a team that calls him their number one defenseman in the first round

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Phaneuf is noticably horrible in Dafoomie's video. I can't even keep track of the number of times he gets caught out of position

Thank God we get to play a team that calls him their number one defenseman in the first round

Yep.

And you know this has been pointed out to the Bruins. A hard forecheck is goint to skate circles around him. Leafs have a bunch of speedy forwards, but they also have a bunch of slow players.

I still think the Leafs will shift some of their tough guys out of the line up (our fourth line embarrassed them). Good news is Phaneuf will still be playing.

Bruins have to shut down the Leafs scorers and our new defensive pairings worry me some, but if the Bruins stick to Wednesday's game plan I think they will be fine.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Already feeling my eyes starting to well up just thinking about Bauman waving the flag and the photos of him in the hospital.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
1st. Suga Shawn is the man. Truly a class act and the definition of what a professional athlete should be all about.

2nd. WTF is Claude doing in that picture? It's either him doing the robot or working on some new karate moves. :dunno:

3rd. Toronto's defense is awful! Dion Franson..... these two may need a map to find the defensive zone. Bad pinches galore and one is playing on one foot. How is Cody going to be able to outskate Phaneuf's bad reads? Liles Gardiner. Talk about a soft pairing that's a black hole defensively. I want Claude to match the Looch-DK-Horty line on these two all night. Then the Pylon express pairing of Fraser & Purse Snatcher. My god.

I'll be honest though. Not sure how I feel about McQuaid Chara pairing.

Bruins just need to match their intensity level of last game right out of the gate. This team can easily be intimidated. Need to keep the pressure up and just keep putting rubber on Optimus Reimer.

Let's go Boston!!!! :yo::yo::yo::yo:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
https://twitter.com/GerryCallahan/status/330509303813378048

Bauman is the Boston Marathon bombing victim who lost both his legs in the blast, yet helped the FBI identify the terrorists when he awoke from surgery.

Extra goosebumps, please.

birthday25n-1-web.jpg

Won`t be able to watch til I return from work tonight, but reading this, appears as though it would be wise if I picked some extra tissues up from the store this morning.

Bring that same commitment we saw in game 1, and it won`t matter what changes the Leafs make. If not....well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad