• Jacob Bernard-Docker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Travis Hamonic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schmautz11

Oct 5, 2007
It becomes more clear to me with every passing game that Zub should be in the conversation with Sanderson for best or most valuable d-man on the team. They guy rarely makes a mistake, is in the right place, makes the right play, is a good passer, plays physical, best D on the pk and does the little things right. Just a great player.

On the other side of the coin, it is very difficult to say any of those things about Chychrun. He seems to be trending in the wrong direction these days. Would like to see him pick things up as there is plenty of room for improvement.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Forsberg and Chabot are the clear #1 and #2

Batherson should actually be #3. I initially voted Joseph but looked at advanced stats and changed my vote.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
nice to be able to vote for more than one player this time.

It becomes more clear to me with every passing game that Zub should be in the conversation with Sanderson for best or most valuable d-man on the team. They guy rarely makes a mistake, is in the right place, makes the right play, is a good passer, plays physical, best D on the pk and does the little things right. Just a great player.

On the other side of the coin, it is very difficult to say any of those things about Chychrun. He seems to be trending in the wrong direction these days. Would like to see him pick things up as there is plenty of room for improvement.

zub is the defensive soul and arguably the backbone of this team.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Finally a game where there were many candidates to choose from! I went with Forsberg, Chabot and Joseph, but could have included Zub, Batherson, Stutzle as well.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Forsberg gets a star due to the shutout but it wasn’t the toughest nights work. There were only 3 saves that would not be considered bad goals had he not stopped them. Seattle was held to the perimeter the entire game.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Forsberg gets a star due to the shutout but it wasn’t the toughest nights work. There were only 3 saves that would not be considered bad goals had he not stopped them. Seattle was held to the perimeter the entire game.
That sounds very simplistic and "unfair"

Shots were 39-28 and Scoring Chances were 41-23 for Seattle but High Danger Chances were 13-11 for Ottawa

Sens did a good job to not give too many grade A chances but Seattle still had plenty of scoring chances. Forsberg was really good and Sens offered a lot of support on second chances

We're just not used to it because we GIFT WRAP a lot of goals against usually.

Asked ChatGPT to write a script that would pull these votes together. Here are the current standings from the previous 18 games:

Really? wow... did you have to provide links or something?

And that guy Idgaf is quite underrated

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That sounds very simplistic and "unfair"

Shots were 39-28 and Scoring Chances were 41-23 for Seattle but High Danger Chances were 13-11 for Ottawa

Sens did a good job to not give too many grade A chances but Seattle still had plenty of scoring chances. Forsberg was really good and Sens offered a lot of support on second chances

We're just not used to it because we GIFT WRAP a lot of goals against usually.

Really? wow... did you have to provide links or something?

And that guy Idgaf is quite underrated
Just because there were 11 HDCA doesn’t mean Forsberg had to make a good save or even a save.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just because there were 11 HDCA doesn’t mean Forsberg had to make a good save or even a save.
Disagree, Seattle still had a lot of chances, you think that because you're used to watch DJ Smith hockey, we played a normal NHL game last night.

Plus, from watching on TV and without having goaltending experience, I would venture to say that you might not know exactly which saves are hard or not. My friends lose their minds when I do a fancy glove save when I actually made an harder but unnoticed shoulder/stick save earlier in the game.

I meant that the team had been playing so bad it was hard to vote for more than 1 or 2 players.

Oh lol, thought I accidentally only had 1 possible vote in a poll but I would have noticed as I vote myself so brain cramp

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Disagree, Seattle still had a lot of chances, you think that because you're used to watch DJ Smith hockey, we played a normal NHL game last night.

Plus, from watching on TV and without having goaltending experience, I would venture to say that you might not know exactly which saves are hard or not. My friends lose their minds when I do a fancy glove save when I actually made an harder but unnoticed shoulder/stick save earlier in the game.
Re-watch the game. I know the position extremely well for your information.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Re-watch the game. I know the position extremely well for your information.

ok but do you watch other games than the Sens? Because outside of rebuilding teams with no defense, you're not supposed to give 10 glorious chances against per game, something that has been regular under DJ Smith. So this game there was only3? Ok but he had other difficult saves to make. I think one of his best saves was a shoulder save in the first period that probably went unnoticed for many

Yes it was not a super difficult game overall as 39 shots against could suggest but he still had to make plenty of good saves vs some of the best hockey players in the world

Just in the first period, he made several really good saves that gave us the chance to build a lead.

The condensed game only shows the main action after the 1st but according to NST, the Kraken only had 2 HDCF in the 1st, then 5 in the 2nd and 4 in the 3rd...

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
This poll is still open? I already forgot who even scored goals this game and I was at the game.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
ok but do you watch other games than the Sens? Because outside of rebuilding teams with no defense, you're not supposed to give 10 glorious chances against per game, something that has been regular under DJ Smith. So this game there was only3? Ok but he had other difficult saves to make. I think one of his best saves was a shoulder save in the first period that probably went unnoticed for many

Yes it was not a super difficult game overall as 39 shots against could suggest but he still had to make plenty of good saves vs some of the best hockey players in the world

Just in the first period, he made several really good saves that gave us the chance to build a lead.

The condensed game only shows the main action after the 1st but according to NST, the Kraken only had 2 HDCF in the 1st, then 5 in the 2nd and 4 in the 3rd...
Honestly, he had 3 tough saves by my count, all the others were fairly routine. Last night against the Rangers he made more difficult saves and was a star in my mind despite giving up 2 goals.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Honestly, he had 3 tough saves by my count, all the others were fairly routine. Last night against the Rangers he made more difficult saves and was a star in my mind despite giving up 2 goals.

I don't have the time to re-watch the whole game and make a detailed report but just with the condensed highlights, you see more than 3 tough saves. Shots through traffic and redirections are hard too, or open ice shots. Sometimes pro goalies make it look easy because they cut the angles perfectly. It doesn't mean it was "routine"

So agree to disagree. He had a slightly more difficult game vs the Rangers and played great again. NST had them at 12 HDCF, which is one more than vs Seattle.

Reactions: GCK

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3