GDT: Game 19: Detroit Red Wings vs preds | 11/23/2022 | 7:00 PM ET (BSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Home at last!

Screenshot (17).png

Screenshot (18).png

Kubalik-Larkin-Perron
Bertuzzi-Copp-Raymond
Erne-Rasmussen-Sundqvist
Berggren-Veleno-Suter
Chiarot-Seider
Maatta-Hronek
Walman-Oesterle
Hagg-Lindstrom
Soderblom (lower body injury) out. Fabbri, Pysyk in blue non-contact jerseys.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Man, Ned's stats this year are bringing the best of the 80's back. I'm hoping we don't see him start this game. Keep riding that Husso bus!

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'll take, "Way Too Soon to Call" for $200.

Please win this game. I'd much rather leapfrog Tampa and project to face Toronto in the first round, then go up against Boston right off the bat.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Please win this game. I'd much rather leapfrog Tampa and project to face Toronto in the first round, then go up against Boston right off the bat.
Cart .... ...... ..... ........ ...................... .................. ........................... ...................................................... horse.

Reactions: PavelDatsyuk13DET

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Cart .... ...... ..... ........ ...................... .................. ........................... ...................................................... horse.
Oh I agree. I think the horse would need advanced optics to even see the cart.

But it's fun to even goof around about that stuff, instead of already being halfway to mathematical elimination by Christmas.

Reactions: dalem177

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Oh I agree. I think the horse would need advanced optics to even see the cart.

But it's fun to even goof around about that stuff, instead of already being halfway to mathematical elimination by Christmas.
Do I need to math out the magic number again?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Man, Ned's stats this year are bringing the best of the 80's back. I'm hoping we don't see him start this game. Keep riding that Husso bus!

Would be interesting to try Olkinuora up.

Even though he has struggled at AHL, and won't deserve the call, still try it. Start experimenting a trade partner for Ned. Time to get the 3rd rounder back we used for him etc.

It's better defence in front of him instantly than that Grand Rapids mess. And Finnish connection between both goalies would be good. Worked very well for Rinne and Saros at Nashville.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Even though he has struggled at AHL, and won't deserve the call, still try it. Start experimenting a trade partner for Ned. Time to get the 3rd rounder back we used for him etc.

It's better defence in front of him instantly than that Grand Rapids mess. And Finnish connection between both goalies would be good. Worked very well for Rinne and Saros at Nashville.
That's because Rinne and Saros aren't trash.
4.21 gaa and a 0.858 sv%

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

It's too bad we didn't end up keeping Magnus Hellberg either. He and Olkinuora would have been solid in Grand Rapids, and both would make for a good call up.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That's because Rinne and Saros aren't trash.
4.21 gaa and a 0.858 sv%

When all those three (Cossa, Brättsröm, Olknuora) are with "trash" numbers at GR, I heavily suspect crap organized defence down there.

That's why I like to see Olkinuora behind a different team, at Wings, which currently has better defensive structure. Like Finnish national team, he did won both Olympic Gold and WHC golds, when there's structured team doing mostly right things and no bonehead plays in front of him,

I say Olkinuora is not NHL trash, until we see him at NHL.

Reactions: bedtime20

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI

Boston v. Toronto in the first round, would be epic. Another 1st rd LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL for the Syrups. You simply can't write up a better script than that.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Boston v. Toronto in the first round, would be epic. Another 1st rd LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL for the Syrups. You simply can't write up a better script than that.

My script is both PIT and TOR falling out of the East Top8 at last round of the regular season.

Heading up to #16 and #15 worst positions for draft lottery. And then either of them will win and will rise 10 positions. Probbaly Pens.

Pens will win the Bedard-lottery and will draft at #5-6 overall. :D

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
My script is both PIT and TOR falling out of the East Top8 at last round of the regular season.

Heading up to #16 and #15 worst positions for draft lottery. And then either of them will win and will rise 10 positions. Probbaly Pens.

Pens will win the Bedard-lottery and will draft at #5-6 overall. :D

Pittsburgh probably puts up a fight and gets in as a #6 to #8 seed.

Toronto lost their top puck mover in Rielly, they lost Muzzin, and TJ Brodie. I don't imagine they're going to have a very good year after that news. They're 10-5-5 on the year and haven't looked that strong.

Florida is another team that is going to take a major dip in the standings due to all the injuries they've had. Their defense is looking paper thin at the moment.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Pittsburgh probably puts up a fight and gets in as a #6 to #8 seed.

Toronto lost their top puck mover in Rielly, they lost Muzzin, and TJ Brodie. I don't imagine they're going to have a very good year after that news. They're 10-5-5 on the year and haven't looked that strong.

Florida is another team that is going to take a major dip in the standings due to all the injuries they've had. Their defense is looking paper thin at the moment.
Yes, but injuries heal and it's only a month into a season with a later start.
This T-Giving "milestone" is pretty worthless,
needs to be at least January to be thinking what's what.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yes, but injuries heal and it's only a month into a season with a later start.
This T-Giving "milestone" is pretty worthless,
needs to be at least January to be thinking what's what.

20 games into the season and a team putting their top 3 D on LTIR is not worthless speculation.

If Detroit lost Seider, Hronek and Chiarot they'd be f***ed. If Calgary lost Weegar, Hanafin and Andersson they'd be f***ed. If Edmonton lost Nurse, Barrie and Bouchard they'd be f***ed. If Tampa lost Hedman, Sergachev and Cernak they'd be f***ed. If Colorado lost Makar, Byram and Toews they'd be f***ed.

I sincerely doubt Toronto is a deep enough or defensive enough team to compensate. That team had 115 points the season before. I have trouble seeing them get 100 this year.

Reactions: Henkka

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
20 games into the season and a team putting their top 3 D on LTIR is not worthless speculation.

If Detroit lost Seider, Hronek and Chiarot they'd be f***ed. If Calgary lost Weegar, Hanafin and Andersson they'd be f***ed. If Edmonton lost Nurse, Barrie and Bouchard they'd be f***ed. If Tampa lost Hedman, Sergachev and Cernak they'd be f***ed. If Colorado lost Makar, Byram and Toews they'd be f***ed.

I sincerely doubt Toronto is a deep enough or defensive enough team to compensate. That team had 115 points the season before. I have trouble seeing them get 100 this year.
They can make trades, pick up players from waivers and call up what they have in AHL. They'll be fine.
Teams fate is not locked in 1 month into a season, unless it's a 3-14-3 start or something

Last edited:

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
In a closed universe you could theoretically put the cart so far in front of the horse that it comes back around until it is safely behind the horse it where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad