Pre-Game Talk: Game 19 11/30 7:07 PM - Detroit is not the dead things anymore - NESN, ESPN+, SNW, SNP, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If there were a lot of interest he would have never been on the team to start the season.

Why wouldn't there be interest ?

25 year-old who's already had a 19 and 27 goal season, can skate like the wind. There's interest without a doubt. Donnys asking price is probably over the charts considering he's the one guy who they thought would be the one of the 2015, 3 first rd picks who had actually made it big time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13Hockey

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Cassidy and Sweeney have two options to fill 1LW - simply shift up Hall, or take a punt on showcasing DeBrusk. Not sure exactly where management sit with Jake, but he's still technically available for selection and if he's willing to play then especially in the circumstances perhaps they should make use of him. Question then becomes is it a bad look to put a guy who publicly wants out on your top line? Does that look like rewarding someone who doesn't deserve it?

But putting Jake on the top line also has the advantages of leaving Hall on his normal line and getting another look at the Foligno-Frederic-Kuhlman line which did ok against the Canucks. The politics probably means this doesn't happen, but I think I'd do it.

The right answer is to put Hall on the first line.

It's a chance to see how he looks if you need to make a change later in the year or Marchand gets hurt.

The goal is to win the Cup, not to get a 2nd instead of a 3rd for Debrusk.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If he plays it is because no team wants him at the moment. If a deal were near, he’d be up on level 9

Unless someone is blowing the doors off (lol), why would the Bruins trade Debrusk before Marchand is back?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I’m shocked that they’re playing him.

He made a request. But cant sit out or will have his pay docked

I guess it helps that Cassidy is not with the team. And wont be for the next week or two

Debrusk can relax a little and not overthink on the ice

Unless Sacco is not any easier ?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I’m shocked that they’re playing him.
They need to win games and increase his trade value. I would think he wants to show the league his worth. Now if he totally falls on his face after tonight, sure sit him but at this point, what do the Bruins have to lose ? His value is as low as it has been. So let him play and see if he changes that.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
They need to win games and increase his trade value. I would think he wants to show the league his worth. Now if he totally falls on his face after tonight, sure sit him but at this point, what do the Bruins have to lose ? His value is as low as it has been. So let him play and see if he changes that.

Agreed. I was hesitating/thinking... what if his value drops

But its already at the basement

After yesterday request...DS either got some decent trade proposals. Or radio silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad