GDT: Game #19 | 10.11.13 | Oilers @ Hawks | "Movie Night" | 5:30PM | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton

Hawks most likely destroy the Oilers today. If you end up turning the game off due to frustration, embarrassment, anger, etc, I highly recommend hitting up Netflix to pass the time.

Edmonton Lineup

kitchen_aid_blender.jpg

Chicago Lineup

rambo%20original.gif

Season series: This is the first of three meetings between the Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks. They will face each other again on Nov. 25 at Rexall Place.
Big story: The Oilers conclude their four-game road trip against the Blackhawks, who will be seeking their third straight win. Edmonton has dropped back-to-back games after opening the trip with a 4-3 overtime victory against the Florida Panthers.

Team Scope:

Oilers: Edmonton's struggles continued Saturday, when it suffered a 4-2 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers at Wells Fargo Center. David Perron and Taylor Hall scored for the Oilers, but that wasn't enough to prevent their seventh loss in the past eight games. Devan Dubnyk stopped 30 of 34 shots in the defeat.

"I thought we started well the first 10 minutes of the game and then we took a penalty, and it kind of unraveled from there," Hall said. "They had some really good time in our end, had some really good chances. [Dubnyk] made a lot of big stops tonight, where in the past couple games we haven't been giving up those kinds of shots. It's something we have to clean up."
Blackhawks: Chicago made it two in a row Saturday behind the work of right wing Patrick Sharp, who had four assists to lead the Blackhawks to a 5-2 win against the Dallas Stars at American Airlines Center. Marian Hossa scored twice and Jonathan Toews had a goal and an assist for Chicago, which killed six Dallas power plays.

The Blackhawks have scored five or more goals in six of their past eight games.

"We've been creating our fair share of chances all season long and early on the pucks seemed to be staying out and now they seem to be able to score with every line," Sharp said. "Our defense is great at creating and jumping into plays. We don't try to look at the numbers and say we should be scoring this many goals a game. We're just trying to help each other and create offense."

Who's hot: Hall has four goals in the past three games for Edmonton. … Over the past five games, Sharp has two goals and five assists, Hossa has four goals and three assists and Toews has five goals and two assists.

Injury report: Oilers forwards Steve MacIntyre (knee), Corey Potter (back), Ryan Hamilton (knee) and Tyler Pitlick (knee), defenseman Justin Schultz (groin) and goaltender Richard Bachman (lower body) are on injured reserve. … The Blackhawks are expected to be without defenseman Michael Kostka (foot) and forwards Brad Mills (lower body) and Michal Handzus (upper body).

-- Brian Compton, NHL.com

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Nice ... like the Ladi Payback one best I think. :handclap:

Edit - looking again, the Benchwarmers one is hilarious too.

cyril*

Good GDT!

Kings of Comedy is my favourite. :laugh:

And good job with the lineups. :thumbu:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Instead of this, I'm going to watch the Saints and Cowboys play, and take down the Halloween decorations.
maybe flip over and check the score on occasion.

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
Great GDT. We lose to a bad team so I guess we win tonight. 6-2 Oilers. Gagner with 2. Seems logical when nothing is logical.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Playing Bad, Clueless, the Terminator.... Awesome.

Bad effort tonight would be a new Oiler low for me. Even when we were a guaranteed 30th place team we had good efforts against Chicago.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Playing Bad, Clueless, the Terminator.... Awesome.

Bad effort tonight would be a new Oiler low for me. Even when we were a guaranteed 30th place team we had good efforts against Chicago.

I think they still remember some of those spankings and finally return the favor.
I'm thinking about a 6-1 or 7-1 loss.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So what are we hoping for today? A 10-0 loss, Dubnyk being pulled and put back in, the forwards to give the puck away a whole bunch, and Petry, the Nuge and Hall get hurt. Right, this is what we want?

Great work on the GDT

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
LMAO, fantastic GDT.

I, Rebuild with Tambo, Zoolander, Why u heff to be mad and Eakins face on The Terminator were my faves. Hell, they are all hilarious. Well done as usual.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
This thread is absolutely brilliant. Nice job 488fitter.

Wish you would have helped me with mine. I GIMPED mine.

Good program, not so good user. :laugh:

I really don't know what to say about the game tonight. I imagine it will speak for itself.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Awesome job. My faves are "I, rebuild" and "Edmontonication." Sadly this GDT is the highlight. She's all downhill from here.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
On a side note, has anyone done an Arrested Development themed GDT? The title alone is fitting. If I had the skills I'd give it a try, but I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad