BRUINS GDT GAME 19 1:08 PM - The Red Wings motor onto Causeway St - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SN, 98.5 WBZ- FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1700820698211.png

1700821029253.png

1700821133996.png

1700821216270.png

403913138_873270357531716_8980407134464167881_n.jpg

TURKEYS ASSIGNED BY NHL TO WORK GAME

1700821726447.png
1700821821515.png

Referees Michael Markovic (31), Chris Rooney (5)
Linespersons Matt MacPherson (83), Michel Cormier (76)

TODAY’s GAME -The Bruins host the Red Wings today in the third of four games between these teams this season and the second of two games atTD Garden this year ... The Bruins are 14-1-3 overall this season and they are 7-0-1 on home ice ... They are 7-1-2 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season. - The Bruins play today their frst of 11 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) ... They have an 0-0-0 record in afternoon games so far. - They open today their second of 12 sets of back-to-back games this season, and will play at NY Rangers tomorrow afternoon ... They are currently 1-0-0 in the frst game of those sets and 1-0-0 in the second games so far. -The Bruins host Detroit today and will next face road contests at NY Rangers tomorrow afternoon and at Columbus on 11/27.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - James van Riemsdyk is 1 assist shy of his 300th NHL assist. - Charlie McAvoy is 1 assist short of his 200th NHL assist. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 3 goals short of his 100th NHL goal. - Pavel Zacha is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Jeremy Swayman is 3 games short of his 100th NHL game. - Brandon Carlo is 4 games shy of his 500th NHL game. - Charlie McAvoy is 6 games short of his 400th NHL game. - Derek Forbort is 7 points short of his 100th NHL point. - Matt Grzelcyk is 9 games shy of his 400th NHL game.

INJURIES (36 man-games lost) - Morgan Geekie: Upper body IR - Matt Grzelcyk: Upper body IR

BOSTON vs DETROIT, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Red Wings are meeting for the 617th time in their histories with Detroit holding a 259-257-95-5 margin and the Bruins having a 1,871-1,836 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins are 170-94-43-2 lifetime in 309 home games vs. the Red Wings with a 1,090-810 scoring advantage in those contests

The NHL-leading Boston Bruins return to work following the Thanksgiving holiday when they host a matinee Friday against the Detroit Red Wings.

The Bruins (14-1-3, 31 points) blew multiple leads in Monday's 5-4 overtime loss at Tampa Bay before finishing their two-game trip with a 3-1 victory Wednesday win against the Florida Panthers.

Boston passed Vegas for the top spot in the overall NHL standings with the victory, becoming the fourth team in 30 years to lead the NHL in points at the time of U.S. Thanksgiving in two or more consecutive years.

"You want to be in a winning culture, you want to create a winning culture," Boston goaltender Linus Ullmark said. "You want to carry on a winning culture. Boston has been so good throughout many years of doing that. Now we've got to pick up the torch and keep the flame burning as bright as it has been."

Charlie Coyle, John Beecher and Jake DeBrusk scored Boston's goals against the Panthers, while Ullmark -- who coach Jim Montgomery tabbed as "the star of the game" -- made 27 saves.

Beecher, a rookie, and Coyle scored goals in back-to-back games.

"I don't know what's going on out there. It is kind of uncharted territory," Beecher said of his recent scoring. "It's exciting. I am trying to help the team win as much as I can and if that means ending up on the score sheet, so be it."

Coyle has a team-leading six goals in November and trails only David Pastrnak with 10 points across the past nine games.

Jeremy Swayman was the first Bruins goalie to draw consecutive starts this season, taking the net again while Ullmark required "maintenance" Monday, according to Montgomery.

Ullmark stopped all 15 shots in Wednesday's first period.

"The start of the game, obviously, was (all) Ullmark," said Montgomery, who was also pleased with his team's layered defense.

Detroit put together a strong first game following last week's 2023 NHL Global Series Sweden, as Alex Lyon pitched a 16-save shutout in Wednesday's 4-0 win over New Jersey.

"Obviously, I'm thrilled with the way we played defensively, and Alex was great when we needed him," Detroit coach Derek Lalonde said. "We had great energy coming home from a long road trip."

Robby Fabbri had a goal and an assist, and Daniel Sprong had two assists to pace Detroit, which lost one-goal games to Ottawa (in overtime) and Toronto while playing in Sweden.

Detroit supported Lyon well in only his second start this season, rattling off three goals in a span of 1 minute, 12 seconds late in the first period.

Lucas Raymond opened the scoring with his fourth goal in as many games, becoming the fourth different Red Wings player in the past 40 years to record a goal streak of that length at age 21 or younger.

New Jersey managed only a pair of third-period shots.

"We've been emphasizing our starts. We need to get some early goals and then close out the games," Fabbri said. "Today we did that and played a full 60 minutes."

The strong pre-Thanksgiving performance has given Detroit renewed confidence entering a tilt against the best team in the league.

"It's a tall task as it is," Lalonde said. "How many times have we played them? Of course, it's the one team with one loss all year. I just think those are really hard challenges. To be at this point in the season and they have one regulation loss -- it's amazing.

"I will say, as tough as some of these games have been for us, I think it hardens us."

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Detroit's playing some decent hockey and their speed made life hard for the Bruins last time. But if Boston can keep their defensive shape and not allow the Red Wings too many opportunities to find some open ice and attack on the rush, they should be better placed to handle whatever Detroit throw at them. The Red Wings' D is still susceptible to pressure, just need to hammer away often enough and for long enough to create some good scoring opportunities.

Matinee games are often pretty fun and that bit more loose, this should be a good one. Hey Red Wings, hope you've had time to digest all that turkey, we're ready for you!

1700823441292.png

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Detroit's playing some decent hockey and their speed made life hard for the Bruins last time. But if Boston can keep their defensive shape and not allow the Red Wings too many opportunities to find some open ice and attack on the rush, they should be better placed to handle whatever Detroit throw at them. The Red Wings' D is still susceptible to pressure, just need to hammer away often enough and for long enough to create some good scoring opportunities.

Matinee games are often pretty fun and that bit more loose, this should be a good one. Hey Red Wings, hope you've had time to digest all that turkey, we're ready for you!

View attachment 772542
Love the look of the guys behind chara. Lol.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
@CamFan81 needs to post his Hershey's GIF!

The Wings are not allowed to beat us again, they are the only regulation loss we have. Oh joy, Rooney came to play.

No sleepy post Thanksgiving start Bruins, play the full 60 and beat these chicken wings.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I am not sure what happens here. There a few things at play, mainly the Friday matinee. (I am a poet and I don't know it.)I think this game will be 4-2 or even 5-2, but not sure which way. First game coming off a road trip is never good, then throw in a Friday matinee and the officials, and I am leaning Wings. Cassidy's Bruins were great in afternoon games, while the Montgomery Bruins start slowly for whatever reason. I 'll be watching Pasta closely. He usually feasts on the Wings, but he was just terrible against Florida and they knew enough to attack him. He isn't healthy. I want to see how much jump he has, if any.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am not sure what happens here. There a few things at play, mainly the Friday matinee. (I am a poet and I don't know it.)I think this game will be 4-2 or even 5-2, but not sure which way. First game coming off a road trip is never good, then throw in a Friday matinee and the officials, and I am leaning Wings. Cassidy's Bruins were great in afternoon games, while the Montgomery Bruins start slowly for whatever reason. I 'll be watching Pasta closely. He usually feasts on the Wings, but he was just terrible against Florida and they knew enough to attack him. He isn't healthy. I want to see how much jump he has, if any.
It is always the craziest crowd of the season.

There was a line outside Sullivan's waiting for them to open at 8 AM.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
gotta work today, will try to watch on the DL

Totally off topic but do the B`s hope to have another siblings trip this year?

Reactions: lopey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad