Post-Game Talk: Game 18 vs NJD - 3stars

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Well yeah, team defense matters, the 3 goals he let in were all because the team left a man uncovered in front of the crease. I'm just pointing out weaknesses in his style, because if I can see it then you know the opponent's video coach is going to as well. Expect opponents to try to go top shelf on him.

He covers up the puck better than Husso does, and no weak goals so far. I hope Lalonde goes with the hot hand for now.
For sure... like I said, your criticism isn't unfounded. He, like all goalies, have weaknesses. Just personally speaking, I'm tired of the "blame the goalie" mentality when there's some things a goalie just can't stop. Husso and Reimer both let in some stinkers so far this year, and Ned certainly let in a slew of 'em too. That's absolutely on them. But there's also a ton of goals they let in that the team should've done a better job of defending against. That was my point.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1 - Fabbri
2 - Sprong
3 - Seider

Why are people saying Lyon? He faced 16 shots, maybe 1 or 2 of which were even dangerous.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Let's say that, given this context, he's really more of a league average goaltender. Neither Husso nor Reimer have provided league average goaltending thus far this season.

Without getting too far ahead of ourselves, I like what the kid has shown thus far, and it's enough to keep him in the mix going forward.

Umm, Reimer has 2.30, .917 through 6 starts which is well above league average. He has only had 1 bad game thus far. Lyon let 3 in the 3rd against the Leafs and faced 16 shots against NJD and it is being generous in saying 1 or 2 were dangerous.

1. Seider
2. Lyon
3. Raymond

Was at the game tonight, Seider was the best player on the ice for either team by a mile. Really hope this team snaps out of some of these lazy/cute passing habits soon.

Larkin is 100% hurt. Did he take the slash the Devils got called for in the 3rd period? It looked like Larks was really favoring his left arm after that.

Yeah, Larkin is definitely hurt. When he scored he didn't look happy at all, eventhough is teammates were ecstatic and was in clear discomfort when he got to the bench.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Tallying…

Star Total
21 Raymond (+1)

20 Larkin
13.5 Veleno
12 Debrincat
8.5 Husso
7.5 Compher
7 Seider (+2)
7 Reimer