Feels good, baby

289A868C-2433-4F1F-9B50-37CBA227B8F5.jpeg

1. Fabbri
2. Lyon
3. Mo

463C80A5-B3BC-434B-8DD4-DA302A6BB9BF.gif

Spacegoat: the Powerplay

2F81C787-9052-4DC0-B918-08DF288B6A0A.gif

For those who couldn’t watch: Captain doesn’t look good. Slow for his standards and bending over on the bench a lot. Looks like a lower body.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He only faced 16 shots and like 2 or 3 quality chances. He's solid positionally, but goes down early so teams that can snipe will give him issues. He's not as big as most goalies either, at 6'1", so that leaves quite a bit of space up top,
Let's say that, given this context, he's really more of a league average goaltender. Neither Husso nor Reimer have provided league average goaltending thus far this season.

Without getting too far ahead of ourselves, I like what the kid has shown thus far, and it's enough to keep him in the mix going forward.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I actually thought Petry had a pretty solid game, couple oh shit moments still but overall I remember him making a few nice defensive plays and passes tonight. Not star worthy though.

Lyon
Fabbri
Raymond

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
1. Seider
2. Lyon
3. Raymond

Was at the game tonight, Seider was the best player on the ice for either team by a mile. Really hope this team snaps out of some of these lazy/cute passing habits soon.

Feels good, baby

View attachment 771962

1. Fabbri
2. Lyon
3. Mo

View attachment 771958

Spacegoat: the Powerplay

View attachment 771960

For those who couldn’t watch: Captain doesn’t look good. Slow for his standards and bending over on the bench a lot. Looks like a lower body.
Larkin is 100% hurt. Did he take the slash the Devils got called for in the 3rd period? It looked like Larks was really favoring his left arm after that.

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy
1. Seider
2. Lyon
3. Raymond

Was at the game tonight, Seider was the best player on the ice for either team by a mile. Really hope this team snaps out of some of these lazy/cute passing habits soon.

Larkin is 100% hurt. Did he take the slash the Devils got called for in the 3rd period? It looked like Larks was really favoring his left arm after that.

Didn’t catch that. But he was laboring something from the start. Not good.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Mickey said on the broadcast that hes playing through an injury right now and toughing it out. He left a couple games ago for a period or so before coming back, probably from that.

Raymond has hit another level this season. Even if hes not a point per game or anything like that, hes consistently dangerous and looks way stronger. On pace for almost 40 goals right now too

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
Nice to have a hot goalie. Hope this ride isn't short.

At least Husso has got nice physical/mental rest for a while, could be a season re-start for him.

Especially because we don't get to know what might've been on his mind. Maybe with his wife there were any scares regarding the pregnancy? Always possible, and those millions of dollars can't do shit for you then. Maybe he is just a guy who gets nervous rather sooner than later, when people close to him are potentially at risk, or the situation is entirely new to him, or whatever. There is a lot of stuff going on with pro athletes that teams keep under the surface.

Regarding Lyon, I liked what I saw in Stockholm. Nice focus, good reads, always in position early, therefore square towards the shooter.. then quick reaction time, holds on to pucks, almost no rebounds..

Sure, yesterday wasn't much of a test, and ofc you don't know how it continues and how a bigger sample size looks like, but they should obviously try that.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
1. Seider
2. Fabbri
3. Lyon

Big win!

Spacegoat: Copp with the dismal 14.3% FO.

Not a big fan of Copp (as everyone already knows, lol), but centers usually face off against the same guy all game and sometimes a player has your number. It happens. It's up to the coach to make adjustments, especially in a home game.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
Im not a big fan of Copp, either. I get that the coaches trust him because he’s a decent backchecker who tyoically makes the “safe” play, but he just doesnt bring much else to the table. Not a physical player, he’s not creative offensively, not a great passer or shooter. Just “safe.”

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Im not a big fan of Copp, either. I get that the coaches trust him because he’s a decent backchecker who tyoically makes the “safe” play, but he just doesnt bring much else to the table. Not a physical player, he’s not creative offensively, not a great passer or shooter. Just “safe.”
..... and sucks at breakaways.

Slow Helm.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
He only faced 16 shots and like 2 or 3 quality chances. He's solid positionally, but goes down early so teams that can snipe will give him issues. He's not as big as most goalies either, at 6'1", so that leaves quite a bit of space up top,
The Devils made 56 attempts, and only 16 got through.

This only reinforces what I've been saying: Team defense has been shitty. We didn't even look this good as a team in the 4-0 shutout against the Blue Jackets earlier this season.

Your criticism of Lyon isn't unfounded -- he does go down too quick. Furthermore, it doesn't explain away criticisms others have made of both Husso and Reimer. In the end, what this game illustrated is that we need to t ake advantage of our chances (and, for the most part, we did), while also preventing the opponents from getting any chances at all (which we, for the most part, also did).

If we play like this from here on out, we should be a playoff lock. Which means we won't, but hey... a boy can dream... right?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The Devils made 56 attempts, and only 16 got through.

This only reinforces what I've been saying: Team defense has been shitty. We didn't even look this good as a team in the 4-0 shutout against the Blue Jackets earlier this season.

Your criticism of Lyon isn't unfounded -- he does go down too quick. Furthermore, it doesn't explain away criticisms others have made of both Husso and Reimer. In the end, what this game illustrated is that we need to t ake advantage of our chances (and, for the most part, we did), while also preventing the opponents from getting any chances at all (which we, for the most part, also did).

If we play like this from here on out, we should be a playoff lock. Which means we won't, but hey... a boy can dream... right?
Well yeah, team defense matters, the 3 goals he let in were all because the team left a man uncovered in front of the crease. I'm just pointing out weaknesses in his style, because if I can see it then you know the opponent's video coach is going to as well. Expect opponents to try to go top shelf on him.

He covers up the puck better than Husso does, and no weak goals so far. I hope Lalonde goes with the hot hand for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad