GDT: Game 18: vs Calgary Flames | 11/15/15 | Hawks win 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
So you are saying Rosi needs to get his legs back (he was never fast), Daley was fine/got some chances, and Mashinter is horrible. :handclap:

Haha basically. Except Mashinter isn't horrible. He just belongs back in Rockford. But he isn't HORRIBLE.
Rozy has surprised me so far. Daley seems to be getting better.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm not going to say Mashinter belongs in the NHL or anything, but I'm not seeing what the problem is. He gets very little ice time and hasn't been a liability. Just seems like complaining for the sake of complaining when someone doesn't have their ideal 12th forward in the lineup.

He most likely won't even be a regular for the rest of the season.

its more that someone else could use that ice time and be more effective. He hasn't added anything to this team.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
its more that someone else could use that ice time and be more effective. He hasn't added anything to this team.

Well it's not like Desi or Tikhonov have stood out this year. And we're talking about the 12th forward here. They're not going to have a significant impact on the game.

Mashinter isn't really taking away anything either. At least for the time being.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Dano-JT-Hossa: are good together, they just need more time......Dano compliments them better than anyone else we have

P-Arty: no comment but HELL YA, P-Arty on.....

shaw-kruger -TT: oddly enough I see some potential here but TT has to shoot more..
I would like to see the bottom six look like below when Danault is ready....

Danault/Kero-Danault/Kero-TT
garbutt-kruger-shaw

extras tikhonov/desjardins

I would like to see the D pairings like this
keith-Seabrook
hammer-daley
TVR-Rozy/Gus with cozy getting regular games off......

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Best game of the year from the 4 lines as a total group...Of course 2nd line had puck on a string but we're more dominant than even tge good games they had before...First line was better...Hossa was better last game and this was his best game if the year...was his best 2-way game as he was harder on the puck battles and skated faster both ways than he had before...so hopefully not just a flash from.his past but a harbinger he finally has started the season....Toews even had a better game than tge last 5 ...but still could not beat a goalie...his goal was an en goal ...so we still question his goal scoring ability which we Need against goalies. .but his effort was better tonight both ways..And Dano missed 2 glorious grade A scoring chances from set ups to him ...with a bit more luck he might have cashed in and remember the robbery last game by Allen. .So if tge hockey gods would have been kinder he could have potted 3 goals in these 2 games on line #1..Maybe these bad breaks will even out and he too will stat cash g in more opprtu it is. .We do need goals from line #1 and Hossa got one tonight ..but it at least looks now to be getting g good chances and hopefully we get normalcy from Toews and Hossa now and Dano too ones around to bury opprtunities..If we get both top lines going at the same time then this is a much more dangerous team...Even line #3 has oozed better...Shaw played well against tonight...Kruger looks ether with Shaw and TT than he did on line #4...Kero is saddled with 2 wigers now who cannot score much ..so line #4 may still need some improvements..

I thought Keith and Rozy were very good tonight and Hammer was better too.yes Hammer and Rozy each had 1 gaffe that could have cost goals but other than those shifts they played well with their partners Keith and Daley respectively...Seabrook and TVR had some rougher shifts of not getting g to loose pucks. ..poor clearing and backing in mistakes...but we survived the hairy scarey shifts abd Darling docked tge ship..

Now when the Hawks get 40+ shot nights and possesion dominance they do tend to give up a few good scoring chances the other way.
BUT I prefer our game this way than the tight checking wait for 1 break and get ugly goals from the dirty areas game that Q harps on when we are not attacking this way..Our game is best when we have flow and criss-cross ing possesion and Also force turnovers and when we get chances off transitions...when we have pace and crisp passing..I gladly will trade some chances the mother way for games where we get so many shots and so many good scoring chances even if we fail to bury many of them..This team needs 40+ shots at goal and possesion dominance and a big differential in scoring chances to actually get multi-goals of 4 ir more.
Some teams get 4 goals by being more efficient converting g fewer shots..or by eating out chess games till the few chances cone and they bury all of those few..But us...we need lots of shots..such that you say after a fame that we could should had 7 goals not just 4...But 4 goals. ..even 1 with netbempty is better than no goals 1 goal or 2 goals when we only put about 23-25 on net..Our best games are when we make the other goalie really work by a barrage of shots and great scoring chances..It frustrates that we do not bury more..But Q has to encourage this style of attack and not the wait for a break style we played so often on the early going
..of course Keith missed 10 games and that surely restricted our ability to play our style...but now that he is back hopefully we see a lot more games like this where our attack beyond just 1 line looks like the real Blackhawks hockey again..Hope this game is a harbinger of the way we have to play to be successful..

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Well it's not like Desi or Tikhonov have stood out this year. And we're talking about the 12th forward here. They're not going to have a significant impact on the game.

Mashinter isn't really taking away anything either. At least for the time being.

tikhonov is a former 1st rounder. desi played well in the playoffs. both should get a spot before this clown. even hartman

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
tikhonov is a former 1st rounder. desi played well in the playoffs. both should get a spot before this clown. even hartman

agreed but I think Q wanted him up to see if he would be going on the circus trip....he has seen him for a few games so Q will either take him along or have Stan send him down....I hope he is sent down for Hartman to be recalled....

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

This is the exact mindset that lost us the WCF in 2014, you realize that right?

The NHL is simply too close and competitive to allow a weaker option into the lineup 'just cause'.

Every bit of skill and contribution counts. Every minute played, every minute of rest to your other lines, counts. Every player that gets the chance to prove their merit and earn trust so they can be used in the most meaningful games, rather than watching from the press box as some slug earns 3-5 minutes of ice time instead of the potentially 10-12+ they could have had in their place if allowed to ride out their low shooting percentage or lack of immediate chemistry, counts.

Decisions made during the regular season add up. Even if it's a sum total of 5% difference, that 5% matters in a parity league. Is it the most pressing issue or priority? No. But it is an issue.

You ice the best lineup possible, always.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

The NHL is simply too close and competitive to allow a weaker option into the lineup 'just cause'.

agreed and that is why I love the fact that Q has given Kero enough of an opportunity......I hope Danault gets a shot when he is healthy, if so and he does what I think he can the hawks who have won 3 cups in 6 years (should have been 4 IMO -2014)....and have a fairly young squad....(exception to hoss/rozy)

dano-JT-Hossa
Panrin-Anisimov-Kane
Danault-Kero-TT
Shaw-Kruger-garbutt
tik/desi/hartman

kieth-Seabrook
hammer-daley
TVR-Rozy/Gus

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
agreed and that is why I love the fact that Q has given Kero enough of an opportunity......I hope Danault gets a shot when he is healthy, if so and he does what I think he can the hawks who have won 3 cups in 6 years (should have been 4 IMO -2014)....and have a fairly young squad....(exception to hoss/rozy)

dano-JT-Hossa
Panrin-Anisimov-Kane
Danault-Kero-TT
Shaw-Kruger-garbutt
tik/desi/hartman

kieth-Seabrook
hammer-daley
TVR-Rozy/Gus

Top 6 looks great and needs to stay that way....but id want the bottom 6 like this:

Shaw-Kero/Kruger-Teravainen
Desjardins-Kero/Kruger-Garbutt

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
This is the exact mindset that lost us the WCF in 2014, you realize that right.

Lmao no it isn't. We're talking about a few games in November here. They're even winning with him in the lineup. I could see your point if Desi was playing like 2015 postseason Desi. Or they hadn't already given looks to multiple prospects. Or if Mashinter was actually a liability on the ice.

I'm not saying I want Mashinter in the lineup, but I don't really care if he is at this point. If it's a long-term thing and/or he plays like garbage, or he ends up playing over someone that proves they should be a regular in the lineup, then I'll agree.

But I don't see the point of constantly complaining about a 12th forward right now. It doesn't matter nearly as much as it would in the postseason. They're not going to ice our ideal lineups every game over an 82 game season.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm not going to say Mashinter belongs in the NHL or anything, but I'm not seeing what the problem is. He gets very little ice time and hasn't been a liability. Just seems like complaining for the sake of complaining when someone doesn't have their ideal 12th forward in the lineup.

He most likely won't even be a regular for the rest of the season.

That's exactly what it is. Some folks seem to think that a featherweight with a little more skill but who can't score (like a Nordstrom as an example) should be the 12th forward. A player like that offers absolutely nothing in the bottom 6.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
That's exactly what it is. Some folks seem to think that a featherweight with a little more skill but who can't score (like a Nordstrom as an example) should be the 12th forward. A player like that offers absolutely nothing in the bottom 6.

I think we should have a straw man as the 12th forward.

blacknwhiterose

May 27, 2014
I was there last night, it was a very good performance. Constant pressure for the most part from the start, the Hawks could have easily had 5, 6, 7 goals. Passing and fast breaks looked very sharp. Darling had a better performance.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was there last night, it was a very good performance. Constant pressure for the most part from the start, the Hawks could have easily had 5, 6, 7 goals. Passing and fast breaks looked very sharp. Darling had a better performance.

Darling had a good game but I still don't think he is back to the form he has shown in the past. He needs more starts as far as I'm concerned.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

Every bit of skill and contribution counts. Every minute played, every minute of rest to your other lines, counts. Every player that gets the chance to prove their merit and earn trust so they can be used in the most meaningful games, rather than watching from the press box as some slug earns 3-5 minutes of ice time instead of the potentially 10-12+ they could have had in their place if allowed to ride out their low shooting percentage or lack of immediate chemistry, counts.

Decisions made during the regular season add up. Even if it's a sum total of 5% difference, that 5% matters in a parity league. Is it the most pressing issue or priority? No. But it is an issue.

You ice the best lineup possible, always.

This x1000.

There are guys at Rockford that can likely help this team, whereas Mashinter is lucky not to cost us. He's a Bollig 2.0 and we all know how big of a waste playing Bollig was.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mash is getting rewarded with some NHL time for his strong play in Rock and his role with kids

It is not going to kill Hawks having him play every now and then for a few weeks

It is a further nail in coffin of McNeill though that he is another name to add to list of people the Hawks preferred over McNeill

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Mash is getting rewarded with some NHL time for his strong play in Rock and his role with kids

It is not going to kill Hawks having him play every now and then for a few weeks

It is a further nail in coffin of McNeill though that he is another name to add to list of people the Hawks preferred over McNeill

I remember reading a few tweets about him being banged up and that had something to do with it. I do think there are some nails in the coffin though.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Darling had a good game but I still don't think he is back to the form he has shown in the past. He needs more starts as far as I'm concerned.

Im sort of shocked that he hasn't gotten more starts so far. Wouldn't mind seeing him get the Calgary game coming up again. he will either get that or Vancouver, but since he played well against CGY, might as well throw the next one to him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad