GDT: Game 18: Los Angeles Kings @ Philadelphia Flyers | Tuesday, Nov 17 2015 - 4:00PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Tv291Xh.jpg

LOS ANGELES KINGS @ PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 4:00PM PT
Wells Fargo Center | Philadelphia, PA

nAeYazv.jpg
|
fuXUOt6.jpg
LOS ANGELES|
PHILADELPHIA
(11-6-0 22pts)|
(6-8-3 15pts)
|
Pearson - Kopitar - Gaborik |
B. Schenn - Giroux - Voracek
Lucic - Carter - Toffoli |
Read - Couturier - Simmonds
Brown - Shore - Lewis |
Leier - Laughton - Gagner
Clifford - Andreoff - Nolan |
Raffl - Bellemare - VandeVelde
|
McNabb - Doughty |
Del Zotto - Gudas
Muzzin - Martinez |
Schultz - L. Schenn
Ehrhoff - McBain |
Manning - Gostisbehere
|
Quick / Enroth |
Mason / Neuvirth​

NEWS | NOTES
Game 1 of a 5 game, 8 day road trip:
Tue 11/17 LAK at PHI
Fri 11/20 LAK at DET
Sun 11/22 LAK at CAR
Mon 11/23 LAK at FLA
Wed 11/25 LAK at TBL

MEDIA
TV: FS-W
Radio: AM 790 KABC

MATCHUP
11/17 LAK at PHI
1/2 PHI at LAK

LOS ANGELES​
|| PHILADELPHIA
0-0-0​
|
Series vs​
| 0-0-0
11-6-0 22pts​
|
Record​
| 6-8-3 15pts
1st Pac - 5th West - 9th NHL​
|
Standings​
| 6th Met - 13th East - 25th NHL
7-5-0​
|
Home​
| 3-4-1
4-1-0​
|
Away​
| 3-4-2
7-3-0​
|
Last 10​
| 2-6-2
Won 2​
|
Streak​
| Won 1
2.53​
|
G/GP​
2.12​
|
GA/GP​
20.4%​
|
PP%​
|14.3%
87.1%​
|
PK%​
|76.2%
31.0​
|
S/GP​
27.8​
|
SA/GP​
49.1%​
|
Faceoff %​
|50.0%

SEASON SCHEDULE | RESULTS
m79v0Km.jpg

Disclaimer: “GDT may not be 100% accurate. I got the line combos from your mom. I used to have Center Ice, Gamecenter Live, and an undercover concession worker in each arena, but this **** costs money. I will admit that my pet otter is using all up that money on his worsening opium problem. I try to not be an enabler, but I haven't had a sea urchin problem in months. Then I thought, why should I pay all this money and have a sea urchin problem to appease fans of random teams that I don't even care about anyway? Unless you are willing to take a bunch of sea urchins off of my hands, don't ***** if I get the lines wrong.†- BF

Ron*

Expanding on that thought, if we can somehow claim another Cup in 2016, then the Flyers win the trade even more so.

I think that's how the thinking goes, anyway.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Expanding on that thought, if we can somehow claim another Cup in 2016, then the Flyers win the trade even more so.

I think that's how the thinking goes, anyway.

I hope the Kings don't win in that case. Can you think about how unbearable Philly fans will be then!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Every time there's an afternoon game I always have class at the exact same time. Will likely miss a good chunk of the game unfortunately. Games against the Flyers are always fun.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Flyers with an All Star D lineup

Like I said, we're totally boned.

Feels like we should counter with Enroth.

Though I am excited to get a closer look at Ghost and Laughton. I haven't gotten to watch much Flyers this year at all.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kopitar for Rinaldi? What a stupid hypothetical..

There's just not enough characters to respond to that stupidity. I mean, if we traded Kopitar for Rinaldo and Rinaldo went on to lead the NHL in Corsi and playoff scoring while getting as many goals as Kopitar had points, then yes. Otherwise it's just a horrible false equivalency and something a delusional writer uses as a pillow to cry into.

Then again, it's also this guy. Ron is gonna love this :laugh:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Flyers with an All Star D lineup

Speaking of which, Goon Alert , as in Gudas, who wears #3 and is a goon to the enth degree, a total head hunter. IMO, almost every hit is dirty or borderline and he hits to hurt.
He even looks CroMagnon when you see his face.
In a 4-0 loss last week to the AVs, Blake Comeau was crossing the blue ine , without the puck and Gudas used his knee on Comeau's knee. No call

Cross checks, almost shiftly.

Head shots disguised as 'shoulder' yup. A couple weeks ago it was this hit on STalberg vs the Rangers. Stalberg had his head down and Gudas saw that clearly as he appraoched. But it wouldn't matter, he hits like that way too much.

https://twitter.com/ryanohan/status/658083822161018880/photo/1

Kings need to keep their heads up...

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If Cups don't determine trade winners, then neither does the fact that both players the Flyers got are still productive NHL players.

What's so hard about both teams getting what they wanted out of that deal? The Flyers got rid of Richards before he broke down, and got a good return. The Kings got a guy that helped them win a couple Cups. Who knows what happens if the deal isn't made from the Kings standpoint. Do they still win? Impossible to say. Too many different variables. Is Carter brought in to be the 2nd center, even though Schenn probably has that spot from the start of 11-12? Is Carter brought in on the right side, even though Brown/Williams/Simmonds were there? If Gagne doesn't get hurt, forcing Brown over to LW, is Carter brought in at all?

Even if the Kings don't win, it's still a trade you do at the time. It would obviously be worse than the Purcell/Moulson topic, had they not won the Cup, and Richards breaks down early, and Simmonds/Schenn put up points. We'd never let that one go if that was the case.

Game 1 in Vancouver. That's why Lombardi got Richards.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Every time there's an afternoon game I always have class at the exact same time. Will likely miss a good chunk of the game unfortunately. Games against the Flyers are always fun.

If only there were a device available where you could record the game and watch it later

:sarcasm:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If Cups don't determine trade winners, then neither does the fact that both players the Flyers got are still productive NHL players.

What's so hard about both teams getting what they wanted out of that deal? The Flyers got rid of Richards before he broke down, and got a good return. The Kings got a guy that helped them win a couple Cups. Who knows what happens if the deal isn't made from the Kings standpoint. Do they still win? Impossible to say. Too many different variables. Is Carter brought in to be the 2nd center, even though Schenn probably has that spot from the start of 11-12? Is Carter brought in on the right side, even though Brown/Williams/Simmonds were there? If Gagne doesn't get hurt, forcing Brown over to LW, is Carter brought in at all?

Even if the Kings don't win, it's still a trade you do at the time. It would obviously be worse than the Purcell/Moulson topic, had they not won the Cup, and Richards breaks down early, and Simmonds/Schenn put up points. We'd never let that one go if that was the case.

Game 1 in Vancouver. That's why Lombardi got Richards.

Absolutely, it's win-win. But if you're going to split hairs, you can't say the team that got two cups lost the trade. We weren't winning with Schenn as 2C that year, he had as many points as Richards had goals and that was with a Kings team that couldn't score until later in the year.

Speaking of which, Goon Alert , as in Gudas, who wears #3 and is a goon to the enth degree, a total head hunter. IMO, almost every hit is dirty or borderline and he hits to hurt.
He even looks CroMagnon when you see his face.
In a 4-0 loss last week to the AVs, Blake Comeau was crossing the blue ine , without the puck and Gudas used his knee on Comeau's knee. No call

Cross checks, almost shiftly.

Head shots disguised as 'shoulder' yup. A couple weeks ago it was this hit on STalberg vs the Rangers. Stalberg had his head down and Gudas saw that clearly as he appraoched. But it wouldn't matter, he hits like that way too much.

https://twitter.com/ryanohan/status/658083822161018880/photo/1

Kings need to keep their heads up...

Kings fans are familiar with Gudas, he attended camp with us some time back before going to Tampa in the draft. Loved his physical play, disappointing to hear he's a bit of a thug if it's as bad as you say. Knew he'd always be on the edge though, he was even being a dick at camp!

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Hey Kings fans, I'm curious to know how Pearson is doing this year...looks like his production has picked up recently.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad