GDT: Game #18: Leafs @ Sabres, Nov. 15th @7:00 EST, HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bernier faced 10 shots...Reimer's been **** but they're not the same situation. I'm pretty sure if you take Buffalo's first 10 shots tonight Reimer would have had a shutout too.

I'm sure Bernier would have made all 26 saves tonight. :sarcasm:

Hey I know its not 10 shots. But its Buffalo. :)

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Yet Bernier is let off when he cannot stop a breakaway if his life depended on it. He could have made a save 15 secs into the 3rd, glove high last night, wasn't Stamkos shooting and it was a makable save for a premiere goalie.

Let's face it Reimer never gets a fair shake here, while Bernier has a halo over his head.

If Reimer shuts out Sabres in the 3rd, I like our chances. We will see. Bookmark this post.

Booboohooo! LOL

Preach on... Boohoohoo

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
LOL Reimer has gotten more than a fair shake, anywhere else in the league he would not be tolerated...except maybe Edmonton, where he should have been traded 2 years ago and still should. For everyone's sake - propaganda fanboys and haters alike, let's hope he does go there.

Ya Toronto is definitetly known for being easy on goaltenders:sarcasm::laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Leafs have played like crap tonight save Clarkson.

But if they show up in the 3rd, and Reimer plays his NHL best % in the 3rd. I still like our chances.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
LOL Reimer has gotten more than a fair shake, anywhere else in the league he would not be tolerated...except maybe Edmonton, where he should have been traded 2 years ago and still should. For everyone's sake - propaganda fanboys and haters alike, let's hope he does go there.

100% accurate.

leafstilldeath*

It's quite possible.

If the sticks he's using aren't cutting it, he for sure has to sound off about it. And to some, that's whining.

Dat flex when he shoots doe.:yo:

yea I know man. The way Kessel's stick is designed its unique. Its personalized just for him. I guess that one of the perks for playing with the Leafs lol

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yet Bernier is let off when he cannot stop a breakaway if his life depended on it. He could have made a save 15 secs into the 3rd, glove high last night, wasn't Stamkos shooting and it was a makable save for a premiere goalie.

Let's face it Reimer never gets a fair shake here, while Bernier has a halo over his head.

If Reimer shuts out Sabres in the 3rd, I like our chances. We will see. Bookmark this post.

When Bernier played vs. Buffalo and won - every single person pooh-poohed it because it was Buffalo.

Reimer is playing Buffalo and this happened:

B2hhDa3IIAA1iyR.png:large

the man had z.e.r.o. idea where the puck went. at all.

then he charges out for the puck and missed it, and if you want to say Dion shoulda been, or Bozak coulda been or Franson maybe have - but when Joe Bowen, Jim Ralph, the Buffalo PBP guy and Mike Johnson all say the same damned thing : "Where was Reimer going/what was he doing?" meaning he shouldn't have done it

but now it's "reimer doesn't get a fair shake."?

Trust - if Bernier was playing this way, tonight and gave up the exact same goals tonight I would be saying the exact same thing. Because they were horrendously bad decisions vs. a bad team. the same team everyone kept saying we should ignore that that Bernier shut out because they were BAD.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
I wont get into the hypothetical discussion about Bernier would have made the saves, Riemer gets a shutout if he faces the same Buff from the other night... blah blah.

But, no one can argue Riemer was soft on some of those goals tonight.

Bernier should start the third, or we risk not making a come back at all.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

But if they show up in the 3rd, and Reimer plays his NHL best % in the 3rd. I still like our chances.

Reimer's done. He won't be net because our #1 starter will start the third in net.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Well, Sabres got their start on a PP with Clarkson in the box for goaltender interference.

And what is with Kadri only playing 8:16?

Something wrong here, even if Kadri is the 2nd. best center on the team he should be getting more ice time than that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
When Bernier played vs. Buffalo and won - every single person pooh-poohed it because it was Buffalo.

Reimer is playing Buffalo and this happened:

B2hhDa3IIAA1iyR.png:large

the man had z.e.r.o. idea where the puck went. at all.

then he charges out for the puck and missed it, and if you want to say Dion shoulda been, or Bozak coulda been or Franson maybe have - but when Joe Bowen, Jim Ralph, the Buffalo PBP guy and Mike Johnson all say the same damned thing : "Where was Reimer going/what was he doing."

but now it's "reimer doesn't get a fair shake."?

Trust - if Bernier was playing this way, tonight and gave up the exact same goals tonight I would be saying the exact same thing. Because they were horrendously bad decisions vs. a bad team. the same team everyone kept saying we should ignore that that Bernier shut out because they were BAD.

Buffalo was not very good that night. Different scenario. You can't possibly be saying it is.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Reimer has absolutely been terrible tonight. But its ridiculous to suggest that any goalie in the league would have a shutout tonight.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014

I think it'd be almost impossible to have a worst 3rd than the 1st and 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad