GDT: Game 18: LA Kings @ Seattle Kraken - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Hey, hey waddya say.
OT GOATS are at it again winning their 2nd straight OT game in a row.
giphy.gif

BTW: Also good we scored one on the power play, especially after giving up another shorthanded goal.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Really great defensive performance by the entire team tonight.

Forwards playing super responsible and covering for pinching Ds.

All six defenders played pretty solid and disciplined.

Communication and spacing is once again night and day better than at anytime last season.

Great win. This team is starting to gain confidence, and it is really good to see. They may not have any stars, or even top line players, but they have so much quality depth that right now I think they can play with anyone.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Love the outcome of the game. Next game should see Wright draw in since Geekie didn't do a heckuva lot against the "Things"

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Love the outcome of the game. Next game should see Wright draw in since Geekie didn't do a heckuva lot against the "Things"

Wright should be assigned to the Firebirds to play those roughly five games since he can be sent there after sitting five straight games.
I expect him to be sent to team Canada for the world juniors after that and the team will have to decide what to do with him at the end of December.

How’s fleury looked in the 3 games he’s played?

A bit shaky/rusty in his first game but pretty solid for his last two.

Reactions: KapG

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Wright should be assigned to the Firebirds to play those roughly five games since he can be sent there after sitting five straight games.
I expect him to be sent to team Canada for the world juniors after that and the team will have to decide what to do with him at the end of December.

Didn't think Geekie has played all that well the last few games. Maybe its time to sit Geekie and put Wright in a few games. Then the World Juniors would be a great option. As far as January goes Shaner is going to stay the duration I believe. Its what GMFrancis said all along and I believe him

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I hope the Kraken sign the biggest goon they can to run Roughshod for Shane Wright ala Dave (Sement-Head) Semenko for Wayne Gretzky

I guess you called it,Shane Wright is going to Coachella for a stint in the AHL

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Didn't think Geekie has played all that well the last few games. Maybe its time to sit Geekie and put Wright in a few games. Then the World Juniors would be a great option.

Wright isn't going to play enough minutes anyways. Much better to get AHL action where he can have more minutes and more touches against easier competition.

As far as January goes Shaner is going to stay the duration I believe. Its what GMFrancis said all along and I believe him

Kid isn't ready to beat out any of Seattle's 12-14 best forwards and I don't think that is going to change in the next six weeks. Junior is a better option. And if he's dominating at that level then that's even better for his development. Master the game.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Sending Wright elsewhere to get much needed playing time is the right move. He needs to get as much playing time as physically possible. GMFrancis played 25 games back in the OHL for Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds before breaking in with the Hartford Whalers(Carolina Hurricanes) at the tender age of 18 after being the 4th overall selection the 1981 NHL draft. Playing is more important than sitting and training.Training with NHL players does have its advantages but training and playing trumps sitting,watching and training. Go Shaner Go!!! Go Kraken Go!!!Can't wait until the centre core becomes Matty and Shaner playing 30 minutes a piece per game!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad