Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CxoPbTBUoAAPZn_.jpg:large

403408_3848456250142_1103170913_n.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees Trevor Hanson (31), Chris Schlenker (48)
Linesmen Steve Barton (59), Darren Gibbs (66)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

Rene in 1985

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs WINNIPEG, LIFETIME SERIES-

The Bruins and Jets are meeting for the 59th time in their histories (includes Winnipeg as Atlanta Thrashers) with the Bruins having a 34-17-2-5 record and 184-165 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 19-5-2-2 in their 28 home games of this lifetime series with a 100-82 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games overall vs. the Jets, including a 4-1 win in Winnipeg on 10/17 in the 1st game of this season’s series … The Jets snapped a 13-game losing streak in Boston with a 6-2 win in the last game between these teams at TD
Garden on opening night of last season.

Fun Fact: The Bruins are 8-5-1 vs. the Jets since they relocated to Winnipeg in 2011 with a 5-1-0 record in Boston.

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Jets tonight in the 2nd of 2 games between these teams and the Jets’ lone visit to TD Garden this season … The Bruins are 10-7-0 thus far this season with a 3-3-0 mark on home ice … They are 2-2-0 vs. Central Division opponents and are 3-2-0 vs. Western Conference teams this season.

They are playing game 4 of a stretch in which they face 5 straight Western Conference teams (2-1-0 so far) and they are opening a stretch of 4-out-of-5 on home ice after playing 8 of their last 11 contests on the road.

They are wearing their third uniform system tonight for the 2nd of 15 games this season They are 0-1-0 in that uniform this season with a 3-2-0 all-time record in that system

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Torey Krug is 2 assists shy of his 100th NHL assist.
Jimmy Hayes is 5 points short of his 100th NHL point.

The Bruins are 5 goals shy of scoring the 20,000th team goal in franchise history (includes shootout deciding goals) … They will become just the 2nd team in NHL history to reach that milestone (Montreal Canadiens).

INJURIES (51 total man-games lost)

David Pastrnak – Undisclosed; Has missed 1 game
Noel Acciari – Lower body; Has missed 5 games
Anton Khudobin – Upper body; Has missed 12 games
Kevan Miller – 10/11 hand surgery; Has missed 17 games

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1479501352000

Last edited:

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
@GlobeKPD
"Rask expected to make his fifth straight start tonight for B's. GAA of 1.00 in last 4 starts."
"Top goal scorer Pastrnak not participating in morn skate. McQuaid is skating."

#NHLBruins lines in AM skate:
Marchand—Bergeron—Nash
Spooner—Krejci—Backes
Beleskey—Moore—Czarnik
Kuraly—Schaller—Hayes

#NHLBruins defense in AM skate:
Chara—Carlo
Krug—McQuaid
Morrow—Liles
C. Miller—K. Miller

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Jets are a very exciting team with young stars like Schlifele, Laine, Ehlers, Petan, hellebuyck and of course the much talked about Trouba emerging as as the future core of the team. Laine in particular is a supper talented sniper who can wow you with his play. Good mix of veterans like Wheeler, Byfuglien and others provide good support in helping them develop. Playing very well of late. Like any young team they can be a little inconsistent but when they are on, super exciting. Should be a high tempo game. Enjoy!

Go Bruins Go!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
@GlobeKPD
"Rask expected to make his fifth straight start tonight for B's. GAA of 1.00 in last 4 starts."
"Top goal scorer Pastrnak not participating in morn skate. McQuaid is skating."

#NHLBruins lines in AM skate:
Marchand—Bergeron—Nash
Spooner—Krejci—Backes
Beleskey—Moore—Czarnik
Kuraly—Schaller—Hayes

#NHLBruins defense in AM skate:
Chara—Carlo
Krug—McQuaid
Morrow—Liles
C. Miller—K. Miller

:rant:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If you have time come say "hi" . I guess you are not working tonight :)

Which side of the tunnel are you on (section 22 is split)

Row 13 is above the tunnel :)

Friend from Chicago is in town and going to game. She is a Blackhawks fanatic and she drove from Rhode Island to New Hampshire this morning just to get this selfie. :shakehead

15170894_1421285984568008_1568167900411590484_n.jpg

This is her license plate :laugh:

15110527_1419036564792950_3400147394208279832_o.jpg

She is rooting for Bruins tonight as Jets are a division rival.

Last edited:

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
Seriously.. Hayes is still in the line up ?? WHY ?? I'm old as dirt i could have played in the past few games and been more efficient than Hayes. !

Probably would have gotten into a few fights at least. (got my butt kicked but would have at least stepped up !)

my other concern is the Bruins playing for a solid 58 min. and 30 seconds. If we can shorten the last period by 2 minutes we would be a lot further ahead.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
A quick OT question: I just looked on my phone to check the game time tonight, and the Bruins schedule has disappeared from my Google phone calendar. This must have just recently happened because the schedule for each season would automatically appear on my phone at the start of the season and all this year's games were there. I went to the NHL site, but they want all these permissions in order for me to download the calendar. Is that the only option?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A quick OT question: I just looked on my phone to check the game time tonight, and the Bruins schedule has disappeared from my Google phone calendar. This must have just recently happened because the schedule for each season would automatically appear on my phone at the start of the season and all this year's games were there. I went to the NHL site, but they want all these permissions in order for me to download the calendar. Is that the only option?

Try this

http://nesn.com/download-boston-bruins-schedule/

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Need that second line to step up and get some goals. All the other lines are hamstrung one way or another. Of course goals from any line would be very nice, but the second line needs to produce.

Hopefully once Pasta and Acciari are back the Bs can get back to the four lines, sans Hayes, that looked so good and were all contributing.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Thought someone said pasta skated this AM? If a concussion he might still be in a sleep bunker

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thought someone said pasta skated this AM? If a concussion he might still be in a sleep bunker

I don't know what a "sleep bunker" is, but concussion kind of makes sense. No physical, visible injury, not seen on ice until today,and skating quietly alone. The fact that he's back on ice is mildly encouraging - they typically ramp up workouts and dial back down if symptoms recur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad