GDT: Game 18 || FLA vs CBJ || Nov 20th 6:00pm

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
We seem to look "better" when one of our goalies has a great nite. Frankly I thought we were outplayed most of the nite but Tarasov was out standing . When you get outshot 50-23, the rest of the defense can hardly start taking bows.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
was watching the post game interviews and someone asked johnny why he is much better at home than on the road so far.. he said something like “a few years ago people were saying I could only score at home and never on the road.. idk”

I looked up his splits and I was baffled. this has to be some of the biggest difference in home/away splits across the entire league.

johnny at home:

7 goals
16 points (1.33 PPG)
12 games

johnny on the road:

0 goals
2 points (0.33 PPG)
6 games
Bc lineup matching is a huge advantage/disadvantage. Last change matters for creating favorable matchups.

Reactions: thebus88

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm curious how the goalie situation will look for you guys for this year and the future!!.. seems like a rollercoaster of emotions for the fans!lol... Tarasov looked unreal last night and gets everyone pumped up but then it seems like he gets lit up and loses the confidence of fans

I'm very very curious how CBJ goalie situation is for the future and who will become your guy for the future

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Despite the shots, I don't think we were under too much pressure the whole night, it was constant but it wasn't the kind of dominating buzzing around the net that feels the most dangerous. Most of the Panthers shots were not super dangerous - I remember many just hitting Tarasov square in the chest. The optimist in me would think that maybe we're getting a hang of the defensive systems buuut then the Detroit game... So Florida just didn't have a great game is what I come up with.
This has actually been a huge problem for the Panthers this year. They dominate possession, have much higher sustained zone time and shots, yet still lose.

I'm curious how the goalie situation will look for you guys for this year and the future!!.. seems like a rollercoaster of emotions for the fans!lol... Tarasov looked unreal last night and gets everyone pumped up but then it seems like he gets lit up and loses the confidence of fans

I'm very very curious how CBJ goalie situation is for the future and who will become your guy for the future
Never lost confidence in him. IMO he is our best goalie.

When he gets “lit up” usually it’s bc the team just sucks.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Seems like we're playing best with Tarasov in net. Good bounce back after Friday.
Maybe it’s not that we’re playing our best; rather Tarasov is playing better than the other goalies - mostly Elvis. I mean the team allowed him to see 50 SOG. But I think I agree with your overall sentiment.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Right now Tarasov and Korpi feel the same to me, I think both can give us a win. Elvis is a tad below but I don't mind playing him just to see when he could turn it around. (Btw Larsen in Florida post-game mentioned Tarry has "good rebound control", so it's fair to assume Larsen also knows Elvis's hasn't been that great... But I guess that's how you do it - praise the good, don't mention the bad as much.)

And yeah I browsed the Panthers GDT and wow they're pretty salty about this shot differential issue and the play in general (and rightly so, it seems). Doesn't sound like Maurice was the greatest head coach choice there.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Right now Tarasov and Korpi feel the same to me, I think both can give us a win. Elvis is a tad below but I don't mind playing him just to see when he could turn it around. (Btw Larsen in Florida post-game mentioned Tarry has "good rebound control", so it's fair to assume Larsen also knows Elvis's hasn't been that great... But I guess that's how you do it - praise the good, don't mention the bad as much.)

And yeah I browsed the Panthers GDT and wow they're pretty salty about this shot differential issue and the play in general (and rightly so, it seems). Doesn't sound like Maurice was the greatest head coach choice there.

FWIW Maurice's Jets were the total opposite - they were usually outshot and relied on shooting talent and Helly.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This is regardless of who is in net. Remember like two weeks ago when Korpi came in for Elvis who’s been sucking and played well? We thought the same thing then. “Look how much better we play with Korpi.”

Then Korpi had some weak games and now Korpi is Elvis and Tarasov is Korpi.
Well, Korpi IS better than Elvis and Tarasov IS better than Korpi. Is he better enough or can he be over time? The Korpi we have now is the Korpi we're going to get from now on.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
L
was watching the post game interviews and someone asked johnny why he is much better at home than on the road so far.. he said something like “a few years ago people were saying I could only score at home and never on the road.. idk”

I looked up his splits and I was baffled. this has to be some of the biggest difference in home/away splits across the entire league.

johnny at home:

7 goals
16 points (1.33 PPG)
12 games

johnny on the road:

0 goals
2 points (0.33 PPG)
6 games

woah.

johnny is actually shooting a lot more at home too… 39 shots on goal in 12 games opposed to 13 shots on goal in 6 games on the road. woah, again.

also, i’m positive sean kuraly will never be a captain in his career but man, I love his interviews. guy tells it like it is and is personable at the same time. great signing by jarmo even still to this day.
The difference is obviously the cannon.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well, Korpi IS better than Elvis and Tarasov IS better than Korpi. Is he better enough or can he be over time? The Korpi we have now is the Korpi we're going to get from now on.

I think this is supposed to be funny/sarcastic but you can’t always tell these days.
So far this season:
Korpi looks like he could be a reliable back up goalie;
Tarasov looks like an intriguing potential starter;
Elvis looks like a waiver candidate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad