GDT: Game 18: Coyotes @ Hurricanes | 17:00 AZ | BSAZ

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Veg was outstanding. Different team last night. We need to stay out of the box, that’s a big issue.
I believe that’s the biggest reason Maccelli was scratched. He’s taking way to many dumb penalties. Seems like he gets at least one per game lately.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I believe that’s the biggest reason Maccelli was scratched. He’s taking way to many dumb penalties. Seems like he gets at least one per game lately.
That's what happens when you stop skating. He has not played good the last couple of games, so sitting him out and let him watch from the press box was a good call. After all, he's a rookie that has much to learn. Over all, so far so good.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chychrun with 7 SOG so far
Schmatlz with 6

Nice showcase for both. Wonder if Schmaltz wants out or if he is just picking up where he left off.

I can't believe we are winning. At what point do we see if someone wants Vejmelka?
Chych was firing from all areas of the ice. Kind of forgot what he can do. I guess his wrist is healed.:)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Chych was firing from all areas of the ice. Kind of forgot what he can do. I guess his wrist is healed.:)
He said it was bothering all of last season, so maybe he'll improve on his 18 goal season. Maybe a Norris. Maybe Stanley Cup bound! Gimme a break, it's the holiday...

Reactions: MIGs Dog

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I’m thinking about the Cardinals and the Broncos of the NFL this morning. They both pulled the trigger with big $ spends on trades, in an attempt to get to the top quicker, as they sensed they were close. And now where are they? Both teams are looking like they may have to have a firesale and pretty much start again. I guess the strategy can work, but its risky. I really wonder , at this point, if we’re ( the coyote organization) good. Stick with the crew, draft and trade , but maybe were past or almost past the singular focus on procuring future assets. The growth in the team over the last 82 games is pretty good. I think we’re close. Lets not go firesale (2.0) and wind up having reached too early. Make sense ?

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
I’m thinking about the Cardinals and the Broncos of the NFL this morning. They both pulled the trigger with big $ spends on trades, in an attempt to get to the top quicker, as they sensed they were close. And now where are they? Both teams are looking like they may have to have a firesale and pretty much start again. I guess the strategy can work, but its risky. I really wonder , at this point, if we’re ( the coyote organization) good. Stick with the crew, draft and trade , but maybe were past or almost past the singular focus on procuring future assets. The growth in the team over the last 82 games is pretty good. I think we’re close. Lets not go firesale (2.0) and wind up having reached too early. Make sense ?
So true, Cards are DEAD- very poor coaching. Broncos are wondering WTF??? 'Yotes- PLEASE stick to the script, not sure if the fans can stomach it, I can because of the clown show the last 15yrs.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The Yotes win last night was great, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Carolina had many opportunities to score but didn't capitalize. We still have many holes.

We tend to come up with big wins at times and then disappear. I am still waiting for consistency. Also, I want to see how the Yotes play when the opposing team "thinks" the Yotes can beat them. We are not playing against teams who are highly motivated to beat the Yotes. So before we start talking about how good they have been over x games or who they might be, let's hear opposing teams talk about how they need to play to beat the Coyotes. Then we know the team is making real progress.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
The Yotes win last night was great, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Carolina had many opportunities to score but didn't capitalize. We still have many holes.

We tend to come up with big wins at times and then disappear. I am still waiting for consistency. Also, I want to see how the Yotes play when the opposing team "thinks" the Yotes can beat them. We are not playing against teams who are highly motivated to beat the Yotes. So before we start talking about how good they have been over x games or who they might be, let's hear opposing teams talk about how they need to play to beat the Coyotes. Then we know the team is making real progress.
agreed on all counts… but the progress made since this time last year is significant. And there are moments, even stretches of 5-10 minutes where they play good, real good, hockey - in all zones and in the net. Stetcher’s play last night was a seminal moment; maybe the other teams dont believe, but Stecher, and by extension the other Coyotes DO. And that is the most important belief.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Everyone on earth knows the Coyotes lack talent, but when they play as a group, and they get good goaltending, they are a handful. There is a fine line between winning and losing in the NHL, the parity is real, and any team on any given night can beat any team. Things may change for the worse once Chych, Schmaltz, Ritchie and Ghost and who knows who else gets traded.

Reactions: LittlePipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad