GDT: Game 18: Coyotes @ Hurricanes | 17:00 AZ | BSAZ

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Today's GDT is brought to you by ELITE sniper Nick Bjugstad and my second cup of coffee.

Game Notes:
* Coming into tonight's game, Carolina is on a 3-game losing streak, all 3 have come in overtime. While Arizona has lost 4 straight, the last of which coming in a shootout.
* Carolina is currently struggling mightily on their special teams, with their powerplay clicking at a pedestrian 14.3% (30th in the league) and their PK at 78.8% (15th in the league). Arizona on the other hand, sports a 26.7% PP (7th in the league) and an 80.8% PK (10th in the league), both of which are sliding as of late.

Arizona/Winnipeg 1.0 is 32-39-8-5 (W-L-T-OTL) all-time versus the Carolina Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers but are 3-7 in their last 10 games, currently on a 5-game losing streak. Arizona hasn't won in Carolina since March of 2017.

Projected lineups (curtesy of Daily Faceoff):
Keller - Boyd - Schmaltz
Maccelli - Bjugstad - Crouse
O'Brien - McBain - Fischer
Ritchie - Hayton - Nemeth
Chychrun - Gostisbehere
Valimaki - Stecher
Moser - Brown

Noesen - Aho - Necas
Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Jarvis
Martinook - Staal - Fast
Drury - Stastny - Stepan
Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
De Haan - Chatfield

Projected Goaltenders (curtesy of Daily Faceoff):
Karel Vejmelka (5-5-1 with a 3.23 GAA and .909 SV%) vs Antti Raanta (3-2-2 with a 2.53 GAA and .902 SV%)

Updated Tanking Odds:
Hoping for some help from the Rangers, Golden Knights (yuck), Kraken and Avalanche tonight.
Standings.png

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Ducks with a huge lead in the suckathon competition but only one less win than the mighty Canis latrans. Is two games in hand an advantage or liability?

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Hogan20

May 1, 2016
Maine
Ducks with a huge lead in the suckathon competition but only one less win than the mighty Canis latrans. Is two games in hand an advantage or liability?
Liability, especially with the way this team is playing.

I still can't believe just how bad the Ducks are. So much for Zegras being this dominant player already.

Reactions: Nowotny

Hogan20

May 1, 2016
Maine
Are we leaving Gostisbehere there after the game?
I think they just need to get healthy. When Pacioretty and Teravainen get back healthy they'll really start to click.

Burns on PP1 so maybe Ghost for PP2? But that's not something they'd give up a 1st+ for. Maybe they like Ritchie more?

Hogan20

May 1, 2016
Maine

Long season, hoping this is just a "give a player a blow" move instead of a "hey let's sit our promising rookies for 15 games straight because they can learn from the press box" move.

Reactions: Summer Rose

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

Long season, hoping this is just a "give a player a blow" move instead of a "hey let's sit our promising rookies for 15 games straight because they can learn from the press box" move.

I hope it's sit because we expect more and they do more with their next opportunity. Guenther's was easy to predict it was coming....Maccelli not so much but "I trust in Bear".

Great GDT!

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Feels like the Ducks are a case of a team that should be better, but are held back by their coaching (to state the obvious). I think the real fear is that Verbeek knows this and is intentionally keeping Eakins around to ensure a poor season, then they get that double boost of a prime prospect and a decent coach as they turn the corner with a 25 point improvement next season.

At times I wonder if this team could have sealed up 2 straight dead last finishes were we not to have hired Tourigny, but then you always have to wonder if players would have developed properly and if he'd have been scooped up elsewhere and you really risk not getting a good replacement when you need it.

Also, those Canis latrans are so mighty, unlike those pathetic Anas platyrhynchos.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hogan20

May 1, 2016
Maine
Feels like the Ducks are a case of a team that should be better, but are held back by their coaching (to state the obvious). I think the real fear is that Verbeek knows this and is intentionally keeping Eakins around to ensure a poor season, then they get that double boost of a prime prospect and a decent coach as they turn the corner with a 25 point improvement next season.

At times I wonder if this team could have sealed up 2 straight dead last finishes were we not to have hired Tourigny, but then you always have to wonder if players would have developed properly and if he'd have been scooped up elsewhere and you really risk not getting a good replacement when you need it.

Also, those Canis latrans are so mighty, unlike those pathetic Anas platyrhynchos.
Remember when half the forum wanted Eakins to be our next coach?

Good times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad