GDT: Game 18: 11/16 Czechmate: Bruins @ Kings 10:30 PM ET - NESN, SN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Such a bad matchup right now...tough big and physical team in LA and we are beat up....not promising.

Reactions: Strafer

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
We will see what happens I guess,Bruins I don't think have a good history in the second of back to back games.Maybee Dolby can steal one.Go Bruins.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2017-11-16_11-16-40.png

upload_2017-11-16_11-18-13.png

upload_2017-11-16_11-19-57.png

i

Tonight's Officials
130p_furlatt.jpg
130p_luxmore.jpg

Referees Eric Furlatt (27), TJ Luxmore (21)
Linesmen Steve Miller (89), Derek Amell (75)

Ntl. Anthem Pia Toscano

WAYBACK MACHINE

:bruins
BOSTON vs LOS ANGELES, LIFETIME SERIES :kings

The Bruins and Kings are meeting for the 141st time in their histories with the Bruins having a 82-38-13-5 record and a 553-432 scoring advantage in those contests. - The Bruins are 36-25-7-1 in 69 games played between the teams in Los Angeles, with a 246-233 scoring edge. - LA’s Tyler Toffoli scored in the final second of overtime to give the Kings a 2-1 win at TD Garden on 10/28 … That game marked Tuukka Rask’s 400th career NHL game

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Paul Postma’s next game will be the 200th of his NHL career.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2017-18: 77)

4525682056_93fd7a270a_b.jpg

Ryan Spooner – Right groin adductor tear, approx. 6 wks from 10/15 at VGK (IR)

Adam McQuaid – Broken right fibula, approx. 8 wks from 10/19 vs VAN (IR)
David Krejci – Upper body suffered 10/19 vs VAN (Day to Day)
David Backes – Underwent surgery on 11/2 to remove a portion of his colon, out 8 weeks (IR)
Brad Marchand – Ruled out tonight due to injury
Anders Bjork – Ruled out tonight due to injury

Two teams will be looking to end losing streaks when the Los Angeles Kings host the Boston Bruins at Staples Center on Thursday.

The Bruins (6-7-4) have lost four in a row following a 4-2 defeat at the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday.
Boston has been slowed by injuries this season and will be without injured forwards Brad Marchand and Anders Bjork, who did not accompany the team on the flight to California on Tuesday. Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask said the margin for error has become very thin.

"Especially with how much we have to work for our goals," he said. "We haven't been scoring a lot lately, and those goals have been tough to come by."

Boston has combined for seven goals during its losing streak.

The Kings (11-5-2) have lost three in a row and four straight at home. They hadn't lost four in a row at Staples Center since dropping the final game of the 2015-16 season, then losing all three home games in a five-game first-round playoff loss to the San Jose Sharks.

The Kings allowed four goals in a 2:02 stretch of the first period against the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Nov. 9, and eventually lost 5-2. They had a 1-0 lead to start the third period against the Sharks on Sunday and lost 2-1, then blew a two-goal lead in a 3-2 loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday.

"Any time you lose hockey games, you're concerned," Kings coach John Stevens said. "It's a reality check. Hard lessons for your team to learn."

The problem areas for Los Angeles have been subtle, but they've been difference makers.
Stevens, in his first season as coach after his predecessor, Darryl Sutter, led the Kings to Stanley Cup titles in 2012 and 2014, said the last two opponents were stronger with their forecheck.

Kings defenseman Alec Martinez said the team has struggled with puck possession and management.
"That's really a big part of it, especially in our own end," Martinez said. "It's a mindset. Obviously, communication helps; letting a guy know he has time (with the puck) or not. Letting guys know if they're open. I think it starts with the seven guys on the back end making quick plays."

The Kings were the final NHL team to experience a regulation loss this season after starting 6-0-1. They have just one regulation win in their past eight games. Los Angeles scored a last-second goal in overtime to defeat the Bruins 2-1 at TD Garden on Oct. 28 to improve to 9-1-1.

Covering for Marchand will be a test. He scored the goal for Boston last month against the Kings, giving him 10 goals and three assists in 13 games against Los Angeles.

"We have to try to limit our errors and play as solid as possible," Rask said.

On a positive note, the Bruins are expected to have forward David Krejci back in the lineup. Krejci, the team's third-leading scorer last season with 54 points (23 goals, 31 assists), has missed the past 11 games with a back injury.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
What did you guys think of Cehlarik last night?

I thought he was pretty good for his first NHL game in about a year. Maybe a little tentative but he helped keep plays alive in the o-zone and wasn't a liability.

If DK is good to go, I'd flip Cehlarik and Heinen for tonight's game.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

I thought he was pretty good for his first NHL game in about a year. Maybe a little tentative but he helped keep plays alive in the o-zone and wasn't a liability.

I liked him ,I liked him last season also.Yeah I would put him with DK.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

This sounds about right for his first game this year. He showed his smarts in the O-zone and seemed to have really good chemistry with Pastrnak right away. If Krejci is good to go, I'd like to see this tonight:

Cehlarik -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Bergeron -- Heinen

It's not great, but certainly better than what they've had to go with.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
We will see what happens I guess,Bruins I don't think have a good history in the second of back to back games.Maybee Dolby can steal one.Go Bruins.

Your suspicion is correct. In 14 "2nd games" of back to backs last season, they only managed 4 wins.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
I feel better with Dolby in net than Rask. This is the type of opponent where Rask would have been scratched with a mysterious illness like tapoutitis. Will they lose? Yes. But maybe they can do something to at least show a pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad