GDT: Game #17- Oilers (9-7-0) host Kings (10-7-1) @8pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Early breakfast game, yay! I wouldn't mind the Oilers putting on a playoff performance against the Kings..
The thing I worry about is Kane scored 7 goals in that playoff series and was huge in 3 of our W's in the series. Connor took over Game 7 but before that it was Kane and really he's what got us to a game 7. Hope you're keeping well Kane, miss you.

I don't want a repeat of that series. I want the Oilers exploiting the Kings mistakes and also limiting their own.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I will be watching Draisatl and how he plays around Mike Anderson. I figure Leon will want to burn him every chance he gets and score score score on him and I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a cup check when the ref isn’t around. Leon takes numbers and he took Andersons for sure last year. He owes him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I will be watching Draisatl and how he plays around Mike Anderson. I figure Leon will want to burn him every chance he gets and score score score on him and I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a cup check when the ref isn’t around. Leon takes numbers and he took Andersons for sure last year. He owes him.
If I was the Kings I wouldn't have Mikey Anderson on the ice but the Oilers should want him to be on the ice.

I'm of the revenge is best served cold type. Save it for playoffs. Good chance a series is happening again.

Good call though. Could be a night for Drai.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If I was the Kings I wouldn't have Mikey Anderson on the ice but the Oilers should want him to be on the ice.

I'm of the revenge is best served cold type. Save it for playoffs. Good chance a series is happening again.

Good call though. Could be a night for Drai.

Depends on what type of revenge they intend to extract if it's lighting him up, I'm okay waiting until playoffs if it more savage in nature, deal with it in regular season with less on the line.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I'm gonna need the boys to score 7 for no particular reason.

FSnT6eXXEAktnvZ.jpg

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
So many games last week and then only 2 this week with another matinee on Saturday.

Let's at least win both these games this week. Need to catch up the the Kings in pts.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Puleeese….it’s Mikey, not Mike. Kids get no respect these days.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Real interested to see how this team plays tonight.

I think it will go either really well or really poorly without much in between. We'll either win 5-1 going away or lose 6-5 in one of our stupid games where we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Real interested to see how this team plays tonight.

Period 1 - Flat
Period 2 - Best team in the league.
Period 3 - :huh:

:wedgie:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
The thing I worry about is Kane scored 7 goals in that playoff series and was huge in 3 of our W's in the series. Connor took over Game 7 but before that it was Kane and really he's what got us to a game 7. Hope you're keeping well Kane, miss you.

I don't want a repeat of that series. I want the Oilers exploiting the Kings mistakes and also limiting their own.
Well said. Agreed.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
This is a good news bad news year so far for the oilers.

The good news is there are a LOT of players who have been slightly to very disappointing to down right terrible from goal to defense to forward and the team is still 9-7. I can't believe all of these guys wont get better sooner or later.

The bad news is by now there is no way this team should be thinking about anything other than winning the division and being a top 3-5 team in the league.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
He was in the starters net the last 3 days at practice, it would be strange to go away from that now, especially with his play to start this season.
Stauffer also said that Petersen is starting for LAK.

Speaking of idiots called Mikey, check out this Flames fan's Twitter profile. Draisaitl literally lives in this guy's head rent-free. :laugh:

You sure this guy doesn’t post regularly on here? 😂

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Our bottom 6 still looks AHL tier after all these years. Don't get me started on the D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad