GDT: Game #17 Kraken host Avalanche 7pm PT

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I think fans can stomach the expansion team excuse if they win the odd game and games are relatively competitive. Going on a long losing streak and now getting blown out feels like something different and I'm not sure how acceptable this will be to ownership, fans or the GM.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
After he completed the expansion draft and signed Oleksiak and Schwartz to those deals while passing on players available to him. I’d fire him again.

I hope this doesn’t sink Seattle’s fan base. His decisions are going to haunt this team for three to four years.

Best they can do is sell everyone not tied down. Gio, McCann, Jarnkrok, etc.
I don't think it will. The arena is still pretty damn full given the product. Post Seahawks season there is absolutely no other show in town to watch till mariners season or the start of MLS unless UW men's basketball got unexpectedly good and made a march madness bid which is very unlikely.

Unlike places like Atlanta we are also close to Canada and if nothing else will have people from there checking it out.

For most of the 80s and 90s Seattle sports teams were generally bad to awful barring a couple of sonics and mariners seasons and fans showed up. Even had a chip on their shoulder about it for being ignored by the media.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't think it will. The arena is still pretty damn full given the product. Post Seahawks season there is absolutely no other show in town to watch till mariners season or the start of MLS unless UW men's basketball got unexpectedly good and made a march madness bid which is very unlikely.

Unlike places like Atlanta we are also close to Canada and if nothing else will have people from there checking it out.

For most of the 80s and 90s Seattle sports teams were generally bad to awful barring a couple of sonics and mariners seasons and fans showed up. Even had a chip on their shoulder about it for being ignored by the media.

Hope so. I have family in Palm Springs and want to be a fan of the Kraken despite being a PIT fan, but this summer was absolutely baffling.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
That mess at the end of the pp showed that instinct is lacking.

Not sure what you're talking about.
Can't beat those 30 second scrums at the boards during power plays...
giphy.gif

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
At least they seem to have figured out whatever it was that was causing them all to fall down, spinning out, arms and legs flying akimbo like against the Blackhawks.

Small steps. :laugh:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If I was the Seattle Kraken I'd be zeroing in on Nathan MacKinnon for the 2023 UFA with Reilly Smith and Hampus Lindholm for 2022 UFA season
We can target such players but what is their incentive for coming here? Even if we throw more money at them than the competition, they are going to want to join a team that is competitive on the ice. I think we will have to go after smaller, less impactful fish.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Is the local media being patient or are they beginning to get agitated by the prolonged slump?

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Is the local media being patient or are they beginning to get agitated by the prolonged slump?

Seattle sports media is generally pretty chill regardless. You've saw Mike Salk and softy recently saying, we knew we could be bad but should we be this bad in some fashion. If we were winning 1 in 4 most people would shrug it off but streaks are starting to catch attention.

People will be patient as long as progress is being made. In the mariners case you can see progression so people are satisfied it's going in the right direction. Even if it's not most won't call for heads for a season or 2 unless it looks like the players have quit or not bought in. If this run continues another week I'll be interested to see the media reaction.

Last edited:
Reactions: kihei

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
I remember when 'tenders were 5-7,5-8,5-9 and wore very little equipment! Now they are 6-4,6-5,6-6 and wear enough for 4 goalies,its sickening and it kills the excitement of the game while robbing the fans of goals,goals,goals

I'd say there were plenty of goals goals goals in this one... how many do you possibly want??

Reactions: 1989

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad