GDT: Game #17 Kraken host Avalanche 7pm PT

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Seattle sports media is generally pretty chill regardless. You've saw Mike Salk and softy recently saying, we knew we could be bad but should we be this bad in some fashion. If we were winning 1 in 4 most people would shrug it off but streaks are starting to catch attention.

People will be patient as long as progress is being made. In the mariners case you can see progression so people are satisfied it's going in the right direction. Even if it's not most won't call for heads for a season or 2 unless it looks like the players have quit or not bought in. If this run continues another week I'll be interested to see the media reaction.

Seattle will still not be firing anyone in the middle of their first season.

Those two don't pay attention enough to hockey expansion teams in the 90's and earlier.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
We can send you guys Jimbo and Green for free. ;) Hell, i'd even throw a 2nd round along with them.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
After he completed the expansion draft and signed Oleksiak and Schwartz to those deals while passing on players available to him. I’d fire him again.

I hope this doesn’t sink Seattle’s fan base. His decisions are going to haunt this team for three to four years.

Best they can do is sell everyone not tied down. Gio, McCann, Jarnkrok, etc.
Not McCann he's one our best players...Gio, Jarnkrok, Donskoi, Oleksiak, Soucy, Driedger...

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I'd say there were plenty of goals goals goals in this one... how many do you possibly want??
Don't look at the numbers of goals scored in this game as a gauge! Overall the PP's league wide are ineffective and the flow of the game gets killed. There are not enough goals in the NHL! As for the Kraken the team has a lot of players that rely on space! They need more Spacemakers unless the game goes to 4 on 4 permanently! And lets get the goalie equipment down to respectable size so fans don't clamor for 10 foot by 10 foot nets

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I expected this team to be a bubble playoff team with this roster. No guarantee that they would make it to the playoffs but they would have been way more competitive.
I think the Kraken are still trying to find their identity! We know who can score so far...Eberle,McCann,Gourde,Tanev,Wennberg and Schwartz and who's snakebit...Jarnkrok,Donskoi and pretty much the rest of the roster. What they don't have is a ShutDown line,Shutdown Defense pair and a Stoic goaltender to bail them out on occasion!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad