GDT: Game 17: Edmonton Oilers @ Los Angeles Kings | Saturday, Nov 14 2015 - 7:00PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Tv291Xh.jpg

EDMONTON OILERS @ LOS ANGELES KINGS
Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 7:00PM PT
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA

bDgPbts.jpg
|
nAeYazv.jpg
EDMONTON|
LOS ANGELES
(6-11-0 12pts)|
(10-6-0 20pts)
|
Hall - Draisaitl - Eberle |
Pearson - Kopitar - Gaborik
Pouliot - Letestu - Yakupov |
Lucic - Carter - Toffoli
Hendricks - Lander - Purcell|
Brown - Shore - Lewis
Gazdic - Miller - Pakarinen |
Clifford - Andreoff - Nolan
|
Sekera - Nurse |
McNabb - Doughty
Klefbom - Fayne |
Muzzin - Martinez
Reinhart - Gryba |
Ehrhoff McBain
|
Talbot / Nilsson |
Quick / Enroth​

NEWS | NOTES

MEDIA
TV: FS-W, CBC, SN
Radio: AM 790 KABC

MATCHUP
10/25 LAK 3 at EDM 2
11/14 EDM at LAK
12/29 LAK at EDM
2/25 EDM at LAK
3/26 EDM at LAK

EDMONTON​
|| LOS ANGELES
0-1-0​
|
Series vs​
| 1-0-0
6-11-0 12pts​
|
Record​
| 10-6-0 20pts
7th Pac - 14th West - 29th NHL​
|
Standings​
| 1st Pac - 5th West - 9th NHL
3-5-0​
|
Home​
| 6-5-0
3-6-0​
|
Away​
| 4-1-0
3-7-0​
|
Last 10​
| 7-3-0
Lost 1​
|
Streak​
| Won 1
2.59​
|
G/GP​
3.18​
|
GA/GP​
22.2%​
|
PP%​
|22.0%
77.3%​
|
PK%​
|86.4%
28.4​
|
S/GP​
29.8​
|
SA/GP​
48.6%​
|
Faceoff %​
|48.9%

SEASON SCHEDULE | RESULTS
QtkMcOc.jpg

Disclaimer: “GDT may not be 100% accurate. I got the line combos from your mom. I used to have Center Ice, Gamecenter Live, and an undercover concession worker in each arena, but this **** costs money. I will admit that my pet otter is using all up that money on his worsening opium problem. I try to not be an enabler, but I haven't had a sea urchin problem in months. Then I thought, why should I pay all this money and have a sea urchin problem to appease fans of random teams that I don't even care about anyway? Unless you are willing to take a bunch of sea urchins off of my hands, don't ***** if I get the lines wrong.” - BF

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Edmonton sucks some serious nuts. This is a game the Kings should win. Not by any means a game the Kings NEED to win, but damn taking care of these useless opponents make things so much easier. Let's hope this team has learned from the poor past regular season results to take care of these guys.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Too bad we won't be able to see McD play but that's better for us. SCORCH THEIR EARTH.

Ron*

This is an awful team without McDavid; "awful" as in "last season."

A team the Kings never take seriously enough. That's the problem. That's why playing these guys always seems to be an issue (although we scorched them twice at home last season, they got even and ended our season a week later after the home scorching in April).

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I'm torn. I want to see the kings blow them out, but the evil in me wants the kings to win on a goal that has to be reviewed just to see their fans explode.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree with Ron. Always seem to get caught looking past these guys. Time to put some lessons to work. Not a 'must win' in that sense of the word but we need wins against Pacific opponents starting now.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
This is the Oilers 5th game since last Friday.
Grind them down, and should be a win.

Drumstick Handler

Jun 4, 2015
Kings team with the division lead against the last team in the worst division of the league without their young superstar forward. Kings are 7-3 in their last 10, Oilers 3-7. Oilers also with over 3 GAA.

3-2 Edmonton. :sarcasm:

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Not worried about this one, Uncle Gary will make sure we get the win. The league's always got our back against the western Canadian teams.

Ron*

I'm torn. I want to see the kings blow them out, but the evil in me wants the kings to win on a goal that has to be reviewed just to see their fans explode.

Not worried about this one, Uncle Gary will make sure we get the win. The league's always got our back against the western Canadian teams.

:laugh:

Love the rich trolling going on today. Hopefully the Kings can match it. :)

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I read that the Kings will hold a moment of silence to honor the greatest player the game has ever seen. Staples will also be handing flameless candles to everyone in attendance to really enhance this moment while a 12 second highlight reel of McDavid's career plays on the jumbotron. Slash is taking a break from playing birthday parties and car dealership openings to perform a guitar rendition of "In The Arms of an Angel". Bettman will also be in attendace trying to stifle a laugh while figuring out more sun states that need hockey teams instead of Canada.

scryan

May 1, 2013
I read that the Kings will hold a moment of silence to honor the greatest player the game has ever seen. Staples will also be handing flameless candles to everyone in attendance to really enhance this moment while a 12 second highlight reel of McDavid's career plays on the jumbotron. Slash is taking a break from playing birthday parties and car dealership openings to perform a guitar rendition of "In The Arms of an Angel". Bettman will also be in attendace trying to stifle a laugh while figuring out more sun states that need hockey teams instead of Canada.

I can't find the link, but the video was leaked earlier this week... The slow-mo parts were sick.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
The ice is never really good but tonight it will likely be very bad. The Clippers game isn't even over yet. So give it a hour or little over to get uncovered. It's already 4PM and the game starting 3 hours later. Only part that will save it some is it's only 77 today. So not overly hot.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The ice is never really good but tonight it will likely be very bad. The Clippers game isn't even over yet. So give it a hour or little over to get uncovered. It's already 4PM and the game starting 3 hours later. Only part that will save it some is it's only 77 today. So not overly hot.

I don't think you've adjusted your clock yet and it's been two weeks. You're an hour ahead, buddy. It's only 3.

Ron*

Staples Center is proud in stating it only takes 1 hour and 50 minutes to make the changeover.

Having said that, the puck was bouncing like crazy on Thursday night, players were slipping all over the place. That ice was terrible on Thursday. I can only imagine what its going to be like tonight.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Staples Center is proud in stating it only takes 1 hour and 50 minutes to make the changeover.

Having said that, the puck was bouncing like crazy on Thursday night, players were slipping all over the place. That ice was terrible on Thursday. I can only imagine what its going to be like tonight.

I know the time they have said to have it fully ready. I was just estimating the time to have the ice uncovered. Since having it covered is what is so bad for it.
But expect the ice to be in really bad from tonight, even for LA standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad